TPS Entry List-July 14

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YES I GOT BBQ;ED BUT NO CRING HERE I WILL DO MY COOKING ON THE TRACK, SO I DONT WANT TO HERE KNOW CRING FROM NO BODY LATER. RUBING IS RACING . SO I AM GOING TO RUB. THATS A PROMIS. P.S. THAT WAS SOM GOOD BBQ. LOL. HAD A BLAST.

lalo did you get sauced again

They lined us up about 25 min too early for our heat races. It was really hot out there. Lalo was lined up in front of me and I could hear him talking about how hot is was. I yelled at him that I could smell BBQ. He yelled back that the smell was him cooking in his car.

They lined us up about 25 min too early for our heat races. It was really hot out there. Lalo was lined up in front of me and I could hear him talking about how hot is was. I yelled at him that I could smell BBQ. He yelled back that the smell was him cooking in his car.

i hate that lining up for that long ..by the time you start out on the track ..your tired and burned up ..... you should never have to sit in your car that long ..with out shade ..

sprintsrule: Since you and Raney60 disagree so passionately about the publication of the Texas Pro Sedans "entry list", I seem to have three choices:

1. Continue to publish the TPS "entry list" on TXSZ.com

2. Discontinue publishing the TPS "entry list" on TXSZ.com

3. Publish the TPS "entry list" on www.TexasProSedans.com for the benefit of TPS members.

btw: The "entry list" is not "advertising". I regard it as member support and entry confirmation. Therefore, I am inclined to select item two and three above and not put the list on TXSZ.com in the future.

Although not your complaint, I am also inclined to not post race recaps on TXSZ.com in the future and just post race results and points standings.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

holy cow batman. talk about over kill. no matter what u think neil im not against tps. i wouldnt have said anything except i thought u needed to know how ur entry list looked like to a fan like me. but i see u didnt post ur race report this time like u said. is that my fualit to? and i see where u are not going to put the tps list on here anymore. i feel all punished like a six yer old now.

i went to thr on sat and saw u had a good car count. thats one of teh reasons i like tps. too bad for all the yellows tho.

Do not let the haters who fail to read what is written stop you from sharing the information with the rest of the racing fans that DO want to stay informed. TXSZ is a public forum used to share information, just like you currently provide. I and most of the others hope you continue!!

BTW - To all those complainers (all 2 of you) - I am on that list. I ran for 2 and 1/4 years without missing a single race, and have (by situation) had to sit out thus far this year. I paid my entry to be on that list because if things get ironed out, I will be there. That list is a list of TPS drivers who have paid their fees to race - the list of who attended the race comes AFTER, unless one of you has a working Crystal Ball you can let TPS borrow!!!

Lloyd,

Lloyd - Calling fans who questioned a TPS procedure "haters" and "complainers" can't being doing much for the THR customer relations department. Fans are still the lifeblood of our sport and calling them names on here for bringing up an issue that DIRECTLY affects them as fans does little to encourage their future support.

I have watched and encouraged your team and have admired your ability to interface with fans and to promote your sponsors (in a way, just another type of fan). You were the last TXSZ member I would have expected to post something negative about fans - whether the fans were right or wrong.

Nick – Sorry you disagree, but I stand by my post. As you stated above - I believe strongly in supporting the fans. Interaction with fans is part and parcel of any true spectator sport. However - Webster’s defines fan as:

Main Entry: fan

Function: noun

Etymology: probably short for fanatic

1 : an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

2 : an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit) <science-fiction fans>

So by definition, a fan is basically a person who is a fanatic about someone or something. A fan is an ardent admirer.

The original question Ramey60 posted was valid to ask. He was answered, and it should have ended there. However, it didn’t but instead became a point of poking and prodding not as an exercise of increasing knowledge, but one to simply agitate. An ardent admirer and enthusiastic devotees of racing do not pursue a course of destruction, but one of improving the very sport they love. As you pointed out, I support the fans of racing, I do not cater to fans of destruction.

Once the purpose of the list was explained, there was no need for additional criticism of it, or TPS policies. However, the result is that a service that was useful to fan and driver alike is no longer available on TXSZ.

In your example below, should Oxford Plains (Maine) Speedway not advertise that more than 200 LMs have registered for their Banknorth 250. That would be stupid on their part. If you attend and only half the expected number arrives – whose fault is it? The racetrack and series administrations have ZERO control over who shows up and competes.

So someone who says they feel that the list is misleading, isn’t the problem. But once the explanation of the list is stated, and they continue to complain about it with no apparent reason other than to put someone or a series down is – and is not a fan in my book.

Again - Sorry if we disagree here, and if I have disapointed you by what I have posted.

The management of Oxford Plains (Maine) Speedway have advertised - yes advertised - that more than 200 LMs have registered for their Banknorth 250 this Sunday. Guess who will be there watching Terry Labonte and a bunch of other well-known drivers spend the entire day in qualifying heats and semis leading up to a 250 lap feature? Yep, me. Can you imagine my disappointment if there are only a handful of cars there and Texas Terry is nowhere to be found?

I know this is an extreme example, so please don't send me hate mail telling me that I'm a complete idiot, or worse... I'm just trying to make the point that ramey60 and others have made. When people believe (for whatever reason) that there will be a bunch of cars at a race and there are only half the expected number, they are going to be disappointed, no matter the reason.

This is in no way taking sides. As many of you know, I have worked with Neil for many years and am an enthusiastic supporter of the TPS.

By the way, I have heard from ramey60 and he doesn't quite understand the hostile responses he received from some.

Ramey - Let me know your real name and address (I emailed you but your Hotmail account doesn't seem to be working) and I will pay your way (and a guest) into this weekend's TPS event at THR and kick in $20 spending money!

Off the old soapbox for now.. LOL

Nick

Hartracn19,

Before you smart off to people, you may want to consider a couple of things.

#1 Go to Neil's original post - where is the disclaimer?

I am sorry – it was clear to me ENTRY list means those who have paid their entry fee for the current race – Now if it said GUARANTEED TO SHOW UP list – I would agree with you! Check out his new disclaimer – is that easier for you to comprehend???

#2 People like me are what allow you to race. I personally would not drive across the street to watch your class. However, I have very young children that like the smaller cars so I have taken them to a few races over the last year. Probably as many races as any non-family member of TPS has. Guess what, I have taken them to my last one because of the attitude of Neil and some others like you that have responded. Go back and read from the beginning. Ramey60 only pointed out something he thought was wrong. Neil and your group is what turned this into a confrontation.

People like you allow me to race ??????????????????? Sorry, but, uhhhh---NO! Fans are certainly part of the equations, but no – you do not allow me to race. If I send you the bills that allow me to race – then you can take credit for ALLOWING me to race. When you start a series – then you can take credit for ALLOWING me to race. When you build a race track – then you can take credit for ALLOWING me to race.

If you are truly a racing fan – why put down a series, drivers, cars, procedures, etc… Sorry that doesn’t fit the criteria for fan. I have read your posts here and through out TXSZ. In fact, after this post, I will not be responding to you again – not worth my time.

You personally would not drive across the street to watch our class??? – cool deal. Gas costs too much and if it is just across the street, why drive. See, I knew you were smart!

OK – now I am just being and A$$, and I do not like that. Fact is – if you or anyone in your family likes to watch us – GREAT! Come and watch great racing – if not – DON’T. Life is too short to be on here complaining about a stupid list!

#3 Neil says the list is of drivers who have shown an intent to race. If you paid to be on the list five races ago, you have shown no intent to race tomorrow night so Ramey60 is correct. The list is misleading.

Presumptuous aren’t you, to claim whether or not someone has the intent to race or not. Frankly, (and for the last time) the list is of paid entries… How can a list of PAID ENTRIES be misleading. If TPS posts a list called GUARANTEED TO SHOW UP and they all do not – then it would be misleading – and we would have something to talk about! Later…

Since I am one of the "haters" you have called out, why don't you read what was written because it is not correct.

Lloyd,

Fair enough.

Please note, however, that I stood up for (and continue to stand up for) TPS too. I have been an active supporter of TPS for many, many years and have contributed to Neil's organization in many positive ways over the course of those years and will continue to do so in the future.

I did however, note my surprise that you, of all people, would label fans (no matter how you define them) in a negative manner. I stand by those comments.

Yes, I am defending the right of a fan(s) to get on here and express their concerns (in a non-bashing, non-abusive manner) about racing related issues. They do not deserved to be called names in my opinion. After all, they represent an intregal component of our beloved sport.

Nick

Lloyd,

Except for the part I already apologized to TPS_55 for, I did not knock your series. My kids enjoyed your series. Ramey60 simply pointed out it appeared misleading putting all those cars that were not coming on an entry list making it look like they would be there. We can argue this forever but the fact is you have appeared on the list six times and not been to a race, that is misleading. I felt like Neil was a lot more sarcastic towards Ramey than he should have been so I pointed out I felt mislead also. I know the list is not a set in concrete list of who will be there and I do not expect that. However, an entry list put on a site should be much more accurate than that when you make it appear you are expecting those cars or at least some what close to that list of cars. No other series puts out a list that is that far off. I know what the list represents now but that is not how it appeared and that is not how it was titled.

"People like me are what allow you to race" Let me word this a little better for you. Fans of this sport are what allow you to have a place to race. Without fans you would have no place to race. That does not mean we have to support every class no matter the circumstances. I am a fan as well as a racer. I always take time out to talk to fans because I know how important they are to my hobby. You do not appear to have that attitude and I think that is bad for our sport. I would never bash a fan as you have. Since your traveling series only has one track to race at, I would hope you would treat that track's fans with a little more respect.

The entry list question could have been cleared up by Neil in a much nicer way with his first reply and that would have been the end of all of this. You have lost this "fan" over this but more importantly you have lost my sons and nephews as future racers in this class. Good luck to you all.

• 2 weeks later...

a TPS member sent me this confidentil email to shelma from niel. look at #5. no wonder tps didnt run at cc.

Memo To: Shelma Walton, Owner, C.C. Speedway July 29, 2007

Subject: Your August 4 race Invitation

Firstly, I want to thank you for inviting the Texas Pro Sedans to race at your opening event at C.C. Speedway on August 4. 2007.

In our July 29 telephone conversation, I’d like to review the reasons I declined your invitation:

1. TPS Rules and Procedures require adequate advance event notice to TPS members. Five days isn’t an adequate advance warning notice.

2. An August 4 race would undermine TPS’s obligation to responsibly support Thunder Hill Raceway scheduled events on August 11 and 18.

3. I advised you that different gears are required on TPS cars when they race at THR and when they formally raced in the past at CCS. Many TPS cars currently don’t have the correct different gears. To agree to a short notice race at CCS, many TPS teams would be at a mechanical disadvantage.

4. On July 26, I was asked by your CCS Race Director Rick Day as to when could TPS support a race or races at CCS during 2007. I told him TPS could responsibly engage in race agreements to support CCS on September 1 and tentatively October 27. He agreed and asked for a written proposal to present to you. I prepared and e-mailed it to him within an hour. On July 27 you called and asked for the same proposal, which I e-mailed to you. I am awaiting negotiation of the TPS proposal in order to sign and formally schedule one or two races at CCS. On July 27, I also informed all TPS members of the revised TPS schedule and included September 1 as a “tentative – to be announced” race date, to give them a “heads up” early warning about a possible event.

5. On July 29 you and I spoke. I informed you of all the above items. I also mentioned that I questioned the appropriateness of TPS engaging in an event designated to honor Mr. Yocum, given the years and years of difficulty between him and the Texas Pro Sedans organization.

Meanwhile, I await negotiation of the TPS proposal I sent you in order to sign and formally schedule one or two races at CCS during the 2007 season.

Thank you,

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222 office

copy to all TPS members

I guess ramey never had any dealings with the Yokums over the years. As I recall They didn't like any of the touring series, that is the ones that didn't race for free. TPS wasn't the only ones locked out of CC.

Racing at CC Speedway has always been fun and I hope we can return there.

I agree with Neil's response in that it wouldn't be much of a reasonable amount of time for the TPS cars to get prepared for this upcoming weekends race at CC. Plus, with most TPS teams and with Mr Upchruch, it probably wouldn't be the best occasion for the TPS cars to race in honor of the Yocums with all the turmoil between them and the TPS/Mr Upchurch/all touring series.

Ramey60, that #5 was mostly the reason that alot of touring series didn't race at CC. No pay, no race. duhh

I don't know of any touring series that races at CC...for free

maybe it was just a case of some "touring" series demanding too much money.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think the legacies got paid much for racing at CC from Mr Yocum. ;)

Archived