TPS Entry List-July 14

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT: You wrote, "YOUR CALL" - on whether your crew shows up at a TPS race or not.

Wrong again - filing an entry is strictly YOUR CALL. (We don't want show ups because it leads to pay check mail errors.

Neil

ILL KEEP THAT IN MIND NEIL . SO WHEN WE HAVE OUR CAR READY AND YOU DONT WANT SHOW UPS ..THEN WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER RACE GOES BY BEFORE WE REGISTER ..KINDA FUNNY YOU HAVE NOT EVER SAID YOU DIDNT WANT SHOW UPS FOR THAT REASON ..IN FACT OTHER THAN TODAY YOU HAVE NEVER SAID THAT BEFORE WHERE COULD SEEN .. BUT I WILL GO OVER YOUR RULES AND SEE IF THAT ONE IS THERE ..WHEN YOU WOULD GET LOW ON CARS YOU WOULD MAKE PHONE CALLS AND SEE IF WE AND OTHERS WILL MAKE THE RACE THAT WEEK OF THE RACE AND SOMETIMES THE DAY BEFORE THE RACE YOU WANTED OUR CARS ..NOW YOU HAVE SOME CARS AND YOUR ATTITUDE IS WE DONT NEED YOU ... YOU DIDNT HAVE THE MAILING PROBLEM THEN .. JUST ANSWERING YOU NEIL YOU STARTED ALL THIS ..

Hey Mike,save your time ,money,and effort and race here in Corpus. Don,t forget we have 2 tracks here and neither promoters are condascending as some others.

YOU BET YOUR SWEET DIBBLYS THEY ARE HEADED THAT WAY .. TWO I AM SURE OF AND THREE PROBA BLY ... REALLY I WANT TO RACE AT KYLE /FOR ONCE ..BUT IT AINT THE END OF THE WORLD IF I DONT ..JESSIE WANTED ME TOO .AND I DID ALSO .BUT ITS LOOKING LIKE IT AINT WORTH IT

Mike: OK ... I am through contesting issues with you.

If you insist on just showing up, go ahead and do that. I'll save your search through the TPS rules. The race rules say it will cost you an extra $10 entry fee. If you don't care about not being listed in the THR program, OK. If you don't care about receiving the purse check late, OK.

btw: I don't call racers and beg them to race with TPS. Proof is, I haven't called you or Jesse with that request, ever.

This is my last post on this. Find another person to argue with since you seem to enjoy it.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

OK NEIL ,I DONT LIKE TO GET IN THIS KIND OF STUFF EITHER ..BUT IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG IF YOU SAY YOU HAVE NEVER CALLED UP CARS .NEEDING THEM ..DO I NEED TO GET A LIST FOR YOU ..I CAN MAKE SOME PHONE CALLS FOR YOU ...JESSIE HAS CALLED ME UP TO SEE IF WE CAN HAVE THE CAR READY FOR YOU MANY OF TIME ..NOT LATELY .GOOD FOR YOU ..NEIL IS CALLING CUZ HE ONLY HAS 12 CARS OR SO .. SO BE REALISTIC NEIL .IT DOES NOT HURT TO ADMIT THAT ..HECK I WONT HAVE A PROBLEM DOING IT IF I AM SHORT OF CARS ..NOW ILL LET THIS GO THE BEST I CAN ..OVER AND OUT ..

MIKE I WILL ARGUE WITH YOU LOL ABOUT MY COOKING I BET YOU I CAN COOK BETER THAN YOU L.O.L

DEPENDS

Didnt a ford just win?,Jalane with a great car and setup but still all this negativity,aren't you ford guys happy yet???.................................One point that I would like to make, is that if Neil did take the time to call some of the racers in the past to see if they would be able to make the races then that just goes to show that he cares about his series and wants a bigger turnout,sometimes reminding people that the race car sitting in the garage is doing no good does help to regenerate their interest.I know of several cars just sitting(and yes I would be happy to jump into any one of them and get that adrenaline rush that I miss so much.).......Quit all of this bickering,get youselves and cars to the track and help the Pro Sedans to continue to enjoy the prestige of being on of the longest running and largest turnout class in Texas.............can I get an AMEN brother.........by the way, my two new tires for the first aircooled car to win a feature is still waiting to be claimed......any takers?????............Randy :D

HEY RANDY JUST MAKE SURE AND BRING THE MONEY THIS WEEKEND SO YOU CAN BUY THEM FOR ME.....LOL

i hope like heck you do win those tires ..good luck be safe ..

Didnt a ford just win?,Jalane with a great car and setup but still all this negativity,aren't you ford guys happy yet???.................................One point that I would like to make, is that if Neil did take the time to call some of the racers in the past to see if they would be able to make the races then that just goes to show that he cares about his series and wants a bigger turnout,sometimes reminding people that the race car sitting in the garage is doing no good does help to regenerate their interest.I know of several cars just sitting(and yes I would be happy to jump into any one of them and get that adrenaline rush that I miss so much.).......Quit all of this bickering,get youselves and cars to the track and help the Pro Sedans to continue to enjoy the prestige of being on of the longest running and largest turnout class in Texas.............can I get an AMEN brother.........by the way, my two new tires for the first aircooled car to win a feature is still waiting to be claimed......any takers?????............Randy :D

hey randy see you still have the fire .lol ..this has nothing to do with a ford winning .... here's your amen

I have given the Meeks racing team all of the tools to do the job and now its up to them to get the lead out of the drivers a--,and get it into their right foot :D ............That wiring and all of the connections,hose clamps,etc had better be checked and rechecked and a certain driver I know had better have some focus on saturday(and I dont mean on stayin out late and chasing the women!!!)......................Randy

I completely agree with Ramey60. We went to watch a TPS race because my kids enjoy the smaller cars. We had seen this list and figured there were going to be a lot of them. We were sadly mistaken. I have always thought that is very misleading advertising and I am very surprised at Neil's response towards Ramey60.

Neil, since you were wanting to split hairs with Ramey60 about what your list meant, you said "The list is composed of drivers who have paid their TPS entry fee for the July 14th race at Thunder Hill Raceway". I would say technically you are incorrect. They may have a paid entry fee for the race but they did not pay their entry fee for that race. The driver may have paid the entry fee for several races ago and has never shown up so you just keep rolling it to the next race. Even though the driver has shown no indication he is planning on attending the THR race, you still include him as if he were planning on being there. That is misleading advertising and you were wrong for your response to Ramey60.

sprintsrule: Since you and Raney60 disagree so passionately about the publication of the Texas Pro Sedans "entry list", I seem to have three choices:

1. Continue to publish the TPS "entry list" on TXSZ.com

2. Discontinue publishing the TPS "entry list" on TXSZ.com

3. Publish the TPS "entry list" on www.TexasProSedans.com for the benefit of TPS members.

btw: The "entry list" is not "advertising". I regard it as member support and entry confirmation. Therefore, I am inclined to select item two and three above and not put the list on TXSZ.com in the future.

Although not your complaint, I am also inclined to not post race recaps on TXSZ.com in the future and just post race results and points standings.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

AND ONE ITEM NICK ..YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BRING UP THIS TEAM AS BEING THE ONE AND ONLY TEAM THAT CAN SET UP A FORD .OR RACECAR FOR THAT MATTER AND NOONE EXCEPT YOU AND THEM CAN DO IT ..THE OTHER LETS SAY TEAM FORDS DONT KNOW DIDDLY .. READ WHAT YOU SAID THAT IS THE WAY IT COMES OUT ..AND IT ISNT THE FIRST TIME ..AND IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEE.S THAT ..AND IF THEY WANT THEY WILL BACK WHAT I SAY UP ..EXCEPT THEY HAVE TO READ THIS FIRST IF IT STAYS ON HERE LONG ENOUGH ..THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING THE MODERATOR THIS IS A OPENION OF YOURS ..SO PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS BY YOUR MEANING OF THAT POST ..

Hmmm... Get real, OT.

AND ONE ITEM NICK ..YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BRING UP THIS TEAM AS BEING THE ONE AND ONLY TEAM THAT CAN SET UP A FORD .OR RACECAR FOR THAT MATTER AND NOONE EXCEPT YOU AND THEM CAN DO IT ..

I have NEVER said either publicly or privately that Ja's team is the one and only team that can set up a Ford. In fact, I have mentioned the Randy Lee car, the Leroy Farmer car and Leroy "team car" in several posts as being extremely well set up. And didn't one of your cars win at SAS? It must have been properly set up or it could not have won. In addition to those cars, I have also singled out Sergio's VW several times, Randy Larsen's air cooled several times and Bill LaBarge's BMW on several occasions.

As far as me being the only one who can set up a car, well, that's ridiculous. There are many, many people in Central and South Texas who I know personally who are excellent at setting up race cars. I do help some people with the cars on occasion and usually they pick up some speed through the corners, but that's the whole goal, isn't it?

READ WHAT YOU SAID THAT IS THE WAY IT COMES OUT ..AND IT ISNT THE FIRST TIME ..AND IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEE.S THAT ..AND IF THEY WANT THEY WILL BACK WHAT I SAY UP ..EXCEPT THEY HAVE TO READ THIS FIRST IF IT STAYS ON HERE LONG ENOUGH ..THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING THE MODERATOR THIS IS A OPENION OF YOURS ..

I have read and re-read what I have written and if you take it personally that's really your problem, not mine. We're all learning, OT. If I don't learn something new every time I work on a car, then I consider that time wasted...

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING THE MODERATOR THIS IS A OPENION OF YOURS ..SO PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS BY YOUR MEANING OF THAT POST ..

You are correct. This has nothing whatsoever to do with me being the moderator. It is strictly an opinion and I am standing by those opinions, 100%. I think I have explained myself thoroughly.

Nick

Neil,

or #4 - put those on the list that actually "plan" on being there so we are not mislead.

Although we may not agree with you, that does not make us stupid. It is advertising "a public promotion of some product or service" because you are promoting "a message issued in behalf of some product or cause or idea or person or institution". You are keeping your name in front of people. You are advertising.

Neil, since you were wanting to split hairs with Ramey60 about what your list meant, you said "The list is composed of drivers who have paid their TPS entry fee for the July 14th race at Thunder Hill Raceway". I would say technically you are incorrect. They may have a paid entry fee for the race but they did not pay their entry fee for that race. The driver may have paid the entry fee for several races ago and has never shown up so you just keep rolling it to the next race. Even though the driver has shown no indication he is planning on attending the THR race, you still include him as if he were planning on being there. That is misleading advertising and you were wrong for your response to Ramey60.

I don't believe Neil is attempting to mislead anyone in showing a list of cars/drivers that have a paid entry for that particular race. Granted, maybe the only possible real solution might be to discontinue the rolled over paid entry fee and or maybe even make those teams/drivers that dont show pay a penalty. :P

But, in all honesty, if your like myself, when you go to the races and all the cars/drivers that have a paid entry dont show up, then get disappointed with and blame the drivers/teams other than the person that is organizing the series. Oh, and on a sidenote (Ramey60) i was misinformed/disappointed when i first began reading the entry lists and then not seeing all the cars out there also. :D

sprintsrule: Since you believe that publication of the Texas Pro Sedans "entry list" is misleading and because you maintain that it is advertising, you have convinced me that we should discontinue publishing the TPS "entry list" on TXSZ.com.

btw: You are incorrect on your definition of advertising which is sold. We have not bought the spots on TXSZ.com

Thanks for helping me decide to make my TPS workload a little lighter.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

As I see it, there's always going to be someone (or in this case two) in the crowd that are going to b**ch and moan. Being a Jeff Gordon fan, I've learned to ignore those people.

To sprintsrule and Raney60: if it bugs y'all that badly that Neil posts the entry list, then QUIT READING IT!!!! :angry: Hell even if all 30 whatever cars showed up, there's always a few (including me last year) who may not even make the feature race grid due to mechanical issues or an wreck in practice or the heats. I'd like to hear your whine fest about that. Do you go on NASCAR.COM and whine there because the entry list says Kirk Shelmerdine will be there, but he doesn't end up showing that weekend?

I use the list as a way to size up my competition, and while I may not win, I have an idea of what I'm up against for a top 10 or 15 finish. My $0.02 Neil, I say go ahead and keep posting if you want, and we can ignore the peanut gallery.

HEY RANDY JUST MAKE SURE AND BRING THE MONEY THIS WEEKEND SO YOU CAN BUY THEM FOR ME.....LOL

Ha, or me. :D

AND ONE ITEM NICK ..YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BRING UP THIS TEAM AS BEING THE ONE AND ONLY TEAM THAT CAN SET UP A FORD .OR RACECAR FOR THAT MATTER AND NOONE EXCEPT YOU AND THEM CAN DO IT ..THE OTHER LETS SAY TEAM FORDS DONT KNOW DIDDLY .. READ WHAT YOU SAID THAT IS THE WAY IT COMES OUT ..AND IT ISNT THE FIRST TIME ..AND IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEE.S THAT ..AND IF THEY WANT THEY WILL BACK WHAT I SAY UP ..EXCEPT THEY HAVE TO READ THIS FIRST IF IT STAYS ON HERE LONG ENOUGH ..THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING THE MODERATOR THIS IS A OPENION OF YOURS ..SO PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS BY YOUR MEANING OF THAT POST ..

Hmmm... Get real, OT.

AND ONE ITEM NICK ..YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BRING UP THIS TEAM AS BEING THE ONE AND ONLY TEAM THAT CAN SET UP A FORD .OR RACECAR FOR THAT MATTER AND NOONE EXCEPT YOU AND THEM CAN DO IT ..

I have NEVER said either publicly or privately that Ja's team is the one and only team that can set up a Ford. In fact, I have mentioned the Randy Lee car, the Leroy Farmer car and Leroy "team car" in several posts as being extremely well set up. And didn't one of your cars win at SAS? It must have been properly set up or it could not have won. In addition to those cars, I have also singled out Sergio's VW several times, Randy Larsen's air cooled several times and Bill LaBarge's BMW on several occasions.

As far as me being the only one who can set up a car, well, that's ridiculous. There are many, many people in Central and South Texas who I know personally who are excellent at setting up race cars. I do help some people with the cars on occasion and usually they pick up some speed through the corners, but that's the whole goal, isn't it?

READ WHAT YOU SAID THAT IS THE WAY IT COMES OUT ..AND IT ISNT THE FIRST TIME ..AND IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEE.S THAT ..AND IF THEY WANT THEY WILL BACK WHAT I SAY UP ..EXCEPT THEY HAVE TO READ THIS FIRST IF IT STAYS ON HERE LONG ENOUGH ..THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING THE MODERATOR THIS IS A OPENION OF YOURS ..

I have read and re-read what I have written and if you take it personally that's really your problem, not mine. We're all learning, OT. If I don't learn something new every time I work on a car, then I consider that time wasted...

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING THE MODERATOR THIS IS A OPENION OF YOURS ..SO PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS BY YOUR MEANING OF THAT POST ..

You are correct. This has nothing whatsoever to do with me being the moderator. It is strictly an opinion and I am standing by those opinions, 100%. I think I have explained myself thoroughly.

Nick

Well ive read and reread it and i dont see any bias by Nick on any of the subject,just a comment with several examples and nothing pointing specifically to him as being better at or the only one able to do certain subjects mentioned. Guess i could get new glasses and read it again but i thing someone is reading with rose colored glasses if they see anything amiss with Nick's VERY unbiased comment. JMO

Hmmm... Get real, OT.

Nick

Well ive read and reread it and i dont see any bias by Nick on any of the subject,just a comment with several examples and nothing pointing specifically to him as being better at or the only one able to do certain subjects mentioned. Guess i could get new glasses and read it again but i thing someone is reading with rose colored glasses if they see anything amiss with Nick's VERY unbiased comment. JMO

IVE SAID MY PIECE AND YOU ARE NEW TO ALL THIS SO I WONT GO ANY FUTHER ON THIS MATTER ..SO ILL LET SOME OTHER DRIVERS THAT HAVE NOTICE SOME OF THIS TO SPEAK IF THEY SO CHOOSE ... HAPPY RACEN ..

NICK THATS AN ORIGINAL.. THIS GET REAL THING YOU MANAGED TO COME UP WITH I HAVENT HEARD IN ALONG TIME ..VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT .. :lol:

Archived