TPS Entry List-July 14

The TPS entry list for July 14 has become obsolete and has been removed.

The entry status list for the next TPS race @ THR on August 11 is available on -

http://www.texasprosedans.com/

skroll down and click on - 2007 TPS Members, Officials, and Sponsors

Disclaimer: The posted Texas Pro Sedans next race entry status list is for the exclusive use of TPS members, officials and sponsors only. The list is composed of those drivers who have paid their entry fee for the August 11th race at Thunder Hill Raceway. The list should not be interpreted to be a list of TPS drivers who will compete on track or even actually arrive at THR. TPS officials have no way to determine the intent of TPS race teams who may or may not travel to THR on the race date. This list will also be requested by THR for publication in the track souvenir program TPS will comply with THR's request. The projected TPS entry list may appear in the August 11 THR souvenir program.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont want to sound like im complaning here but evey time neil posts how many drivers are going to showup only about half of them ever showup. its like he puts his whole members on the list on here insted of just whose really suposed to show up. i bet there will not be 31 tps teams at thr nex time more like 15 maybe

.IF YOUR REGISTERED AND CARRY OVER YOUR INTRY FROM RACE TO RACE THEN HE ADDS EVERYONE TO THE LINE UP ..HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW MANY CARS WILL SHOW UP ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT ..IF YOU NOTICE THE 7 JESSIE HAS NOT REGISTERED HIS CAR THIS YEAR ..SO THE REFORE HE IS NOT ON THE LIST ..BUT MAY SHOW UP AT ANY GIVEN NIGHT AND IF HE DOES NOT CARRY OVER HIS ENTRY .HE WONT BE ON THE NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT ...

ramey60: The list is composed of drivers who have paid their TPS entry fee for the July 14th race at Thunder Hill Raceway. This means that they have indicated their intent to race on that date at THR. That is the reason that I share the list with TXSZ readers.

The list is not the entire TPS membership. That list is available on www.TexasProSedans.com and contains several more TPS drivers who have not filed a race entry and who I did not list.

As you wrote, "I dont want to sound like im complaning here". So ramey60 - I won't complain about your misinformed post.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

i may be misinformed as you call it. or maybe im just plain stupid but i have noticed that every time you post a list of entries it seems like 30 or so cars are supposed to be there. but when you go to see all those cars, there is only about 15 cars more or less . there is nothing misiformed about that, is there? I see it with my own eyes, so maybe its my eyes that are misinformed.

im sure your not trying to over hype your series but to us poor misinformed people like me but thats what it sure looks like.

ramey60: I explained what an entry list is. It doesn't say they will be at the track. It says they filed an entry. I hope you can find a way to understand the difference.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

i think i understand the difference between a real entry list and a whish list. lol

but do you understand that im not the only non-understanding, mis-informed ticket buyer out here thinkin the long list of entries u put up is misleading. its ppl like us that buy tickets to see all those cars on the track at the same time and dont like it when they only see half the list.

if u dont want to lissen to this im sorry but pls don't be tellng me im misunderstanding or misinformed. that seems so outta place from someone with your good name over the years.

ramey60: OK - I will have to decide whether or not to publish an entry list before a TPS race.

1. On the one hand, the entry list credits TPS drivers publicly with their having shown an intention to compete in the next race by filing a paid entry.

2. On the other hand, as you said, "its ppl like us that buy tickets to see all those cars on the track at the same time and dont like it when they only see half the list". From that, I can decide to no longer publish the TPS entry list. Then the TPS drivers will receive no credit and you won't know anything about the upcoming race field.

Do you prefer option #1 or option #2?

ramey60: I do thank you for calling me "someone with your good name over the years".

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Thanks Neil,

I believe that your entry form, entry list and member list has remained the same for all Texas World Speedway races, TIDA, and the Texas Pro Sedans for almost 30 years.

I understand that you publish a list stating who has registered for the next race, but you are at no means responsible if any of them show up. Weather, finances, family emergencies, etc. all play a contributing factor in whether teams make it to the actual race day or not.

Your system is by far the most thought out, fair, and explanatory in the state. Thank you for your years of continued, consistant leadership in auto racing.

JL

ramey60, Neil is just listing the drivers that have prepaid to enter the race. I have already paid my entry fee for this race, however it is up in the air if I will make it or not. So it is probably racers like me at fault for misleading you, sorry. Neon Will

Ramey,

Neil and I have had this discussion several times in the past and we always come to the same conclusion. Yes, it might not accurately indicate the actual number that will show up, but at least it's accurate in the sense that all of those people have either paid an entry fee for that race or rolled over a previous entry fee for that race.

So, while I understand that it may appear misleading from a fan's point of view, it seems that most of us understand that the list, as published, may or may not accurately reflect who will actually be racing on race day.

I thought Neil gave a very clear response and I hope that you now understand the logic behind the list he publishes before every race.

And I also hope that you don't feel offended by Neil telling you that you did not understand or were working from a misunderstanding. I'm sure he did not intend for you to be insulted in any way. I have worked with Neil and his fine organization for several years and know him pretty well. I can assure you that he wants you in the stands at the next TPS race cheering for your favorite driver...

Nick

There are lots of people who own race cars but never show up to race them. Not just in TPS but every class at every race track. Some of them even post on TXSZ for years about how someday their car will make it to a race. As a TPS driver, I'm glad for every racer who does show up to race so we can put on a better show for our fans. You are not the only one who would like to see 30+ cars show up for a race in any class.

HELL LETS EAT BAR B. Q. & BE HAPPY

ONLY YOU WOULD THINK ABOULT FOOD IN A CRISSES LIKE THIS .. :D IF YOUR BBQ CAN FIX THE WORLDS PROBLEM'S THEN WHY HAVENT YOU STARTED COOKING YET .................... NEED SOME HELP .. ;) SMACK ....SMACK ..... EAT LALO'S BBQ AND YOUR AND YOUR TROUBLES WILL BURP AWAY ...

Hey I have an idea. Next time Neil post his list of driver that have paid their entry fee to race Ramey can just not look at it.

Problem solved.

And I want to know when the last time only 15 drivers showed up to race. Cause there always seems to be a boat load of them when I have to score them. LOL

OK... I guess we've all had a chance to set Ramey straight.

I may not personally agree with what Ramey (Ramey, please PM me) had to say, but I will defend his right as a fan to get on TXSZ and make a comment, right or wrong.

When you really think about it, he had a good point, at least from a fan's point of view. All of us on the inside of the sport - me included - should try to be more understanding of the fan's point of view whenever we can. After all, fans are an important part of the racing equation.

Nick

I have not commented on Pro Sedan business since its been a couple of years since my last race with them.The only problem I can see with a big list of pre redgestered list of entrys is on the occasion of possible rain or time constraints that would cancel timing or racing for a qualifing spot.If there are already more entrys than starting spots a late entry with no points would not have a chance to get in the race.I have looked at this in the past and felt it was not a good idea to travel a long distance and not get a chance to at least attempt qualifing.Ive never been afraid to qualify but a points deal is another thing.Unless you will start every car regardless of how many,the list could be a deturrent especially for a big race at the end of the year.JMO.

As far as watching everyone redgestered,in McAllen every year there are 150 cars (modifieds) trying foor 24 spots.I miss seeing a lot of my favorite drivers racing because I dont know what nite they will make the show or break or not qualify.On Sat nite the A main has 24 entries and usually none or few of anyone I know.You just have to make all the races to find out.

G.B. - To answer your qualifying questions, the July 14 TPS Race Bulletin said:

TPS QUAL HEATS- 8 Laps - Will grid by TPS points: Heat #1 heads-up bottom half of points, Heat #2 invert top half of TPS points. This means that since you have no points, you would start somewhere near the rear of Qual Heat #1. If you won the Heat, you would start the Feature on the pole position. If you placed 5th, you would start the Feature inside of the 5th row, etc

TEXAS PRO SEDAN FEATURE Race - 20 Laps - heads up from Qualifying heats #1 & #2 finish.

Footnotes:

For the July 28 race, Time Trials will be held. A draw will be held to determine the inversion of the first two rows or no rows. The 25 lap Feature race, the field size will be unlimited to those who were timed. The last row to top two in TPS points, who otherwise didn't qualify.

For the $1,000 to win race in the Texas Stock Car Spectacular on September 29, Time Trials will be held. A draw will be held to determine the inversion of the first two rows or no rows in the 32 lap Feature. The field will limited to 20. Up front the best 18 of those who were timed. The last row will provisionally go to the best two in TPS points, who otherwise didn't qualify.

All of your concerns about what happens "in McAllen every year there are 150 modifieds trying for 24 spots", fear not, that won't happen in TPS !

You can download TPS Race Bulletins and Entry Forms on - www.TexasProSedans.com

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Archived