TPS Entry List-July 14

AND ONE ITEM NICK ..YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BRING UP THIS TEAM AS BEING THE ONE AND ONLY TEAM THAT CAN SET UP A FORD .OR RACECAR FOR THAT MATTER AND NOONE EXCEPT YOU AND THEM CAN DO IT ..THE OTHER LETS SAY TEAM FORDS DONT KNOW DIDDLY .. READ WHAT YOU SAID THAT IS THE WAY IT COMES OUT ..AND IT ISNT THE FIRST TIME ..AND IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEE.S THAT ..AND IF THEY WANT THEY WILL BACK WHAT I SAY UP ..EXCEPT THEY HAVE TO READ THIS FIRST IF IT STAYS ON HERE LONG ENOUGH ..THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING THE MODERATOR THIS IS A OPENION OF YOURS ..SO PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS BY YOUR MEANING OF THAT POST ..

Hmmm... Get real, OT.

AND ONE ITEM NICK ..YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BRING UP THIS TEAM AS BEING THE ONE AND ONLY TEAM THAT CAN SET UP A FORD .OR RACECAR FOR THAT MATTER AND NOONE EXCEPT YOU AND THEM CAN DO IT ..

I have NEVER said either publicly or privately that Ja's team is the one and only team that can set up a Ford. In fact, I have mentioned the Randy Lee car, the Leroy Farmer car and Leroy "team car" in several posts as being extremely well set up. And didn't one of your cars win at SAS? It must have been properly set up or it could not have won. In addition to those cars, I have also singled out Sergio's VW several times, Randy Larsen's air cooled several times and Bill LaBarge's BMW on several occasions.

As far as me being the only one who can set up a car, well, that's ridiculous. There are many, many people in Central and South Texas who I know personally who are excellent at setting up race cars. I do help some people with the cars on occasion and usually they pick up some speed through the corners, but that's the whole goal, isn't it?

READ WHAT YOU SAID THAT IS THE WAY IT COMES OUT ..AND IT ISNT THE FIRST TIME ..AND IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEE.S THAT ..AND IF THEY WANT THEY WILL BACK WHAT I SAY UP ..EXCEPT THEY HAVE TO READ THIS FIRST IF IT STAYS ON HERE LONG ENOUGH ..THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING THE MODERATOR THIS IS A OPENION OF YOURS ..

I have read and re-read what I have written and if you take it personally that's really your problem, not mine. We're all learning, OT. If I don't learn something new every time I work on a car, then I consider that time wasted...

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEING THE MODERATOR THIS IS A OPENION OF YOURS ..SO PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS BY YOUR MEANING OF THAT POST ..

You are correct. This has nothing whatsoever to do with me being the moderator. It is strictly an opinion and I am standing by those opinions, 100%. I think I have explained myself thoroughly.

Nick

Well ive read and reread it and i dont see any bias by Nick on any of the subject,just a comment with several examples and nothing pointing specifically to him as being better at or the only one able to do certain subjects mentioned. Guess i could get new glasses and read it again but i thing someone is reading with rose colored glasses if they see anything amiss with Nick's VERY unbiased comment. JMO

IVE SAID MY PIECE AND YOU ARE NEW TO ALL THIS SO I WONT GO ANY FUTHER ON THIS MATTER ..SO ILL LET SOME OTHER DRIVERS THAT HAVE NOTICE SOME OF THIS TO SPEAK IF THEY SO CHOOSE ... HAPPY RACEN ..

NICK THATS AN ORIGINAL.. THIS GET REAL THING YOU MANAGED TO COME UP WITH I HAVENT HEARD IN ALONG TIME ..VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT .. :lol:

Well im not as NEW to this as you think,just recently public,but all have their opinion,ill stick by mine.. :D

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pipsqueek78,

You really typed this? "I use the list as a way to size up my competition, and while I may not win, I have an idea of what I'm up against for a top 10 or 15 finish". That is funny stuff right there. Do not set your goals so high because you may fail. If you are trying to figure out if you can run in the top 10 or 15 by his list, :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I can not even finish typing.

Neil,

If you want to be a little baby and take your football home because you do not like how things are going, go ahead. We were simply pointing out that it was misleading and may be costing you some fan support. I never realized I had so much influence. You have been running that organization for a lot of years and I got changes with two posts. Anybody need any rules changed?

pipsqueek78,

You really typed this? "I use the list as a way to size up my competition, and while I may not win, I have an idea of what I'm up against for a top 10 or 15 finish". That is funny stuff right there. Do not set your goals so high because you may fail. If you are trying to figure out if you can run in the top 10 or 15 by his list, :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I can not even finish typing.

Again, my suggestion to you is to quit reading the list. If something's bothering me I usually remove myself from that situation, and my understanding is that most other people do the same thing.

sprintsrule: A few comments and I am through with you.

You said "Although we may not agree with you, that does not make us stupid". I didn't call you or anybody else stupid. You used the word stupid in your post.

You also posted "We were simply pointing out that it was misleading and may be costing you some fan support". And, that is the reason that I decided to eliminate your problem of not knowing exactly what drivers will race in advance.

btw: Do other Texas touring series or local tracks publish an entry list prior to a race date?

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

32 years of working in Texas racing

There always seems to be two kinds of people on this forum. There are the ones that whine,and there are those that whine about the whiners.LOL One party needs to show there better side and let it be before someone really gets upsets and shows a side of racing that should not be posted for potential racers and fans to read. This negativity is what makes it hard for racing to survive. FredArredondo

pipsqueek78,

Since we are giving out suggestions. I would suggest you find another hobby if a top 10 or 15 is your goal.

I have that goal because the car I race isn't known for being fast or reliable. My goals are realistic. So, unless nearly every car in the field has mechanical issues or wrecks (or I magically end up with $4,000) I know I'm not going to win. And for the record, racing's not just a hobby for me....

I'm done arguing, but keep tuning in to the Daytona 500s over the next few years, that way once I win one of'em, I can ask you: "how do you like me now?" B)

AARC67,

You are right.

pipsqueek78,

I apologize. I would take my comments out if I knew how so may

be Nick can.

Neil,

I did not mean to stir you up. Simply backing up Ramey60 in that people could take your entry list the wrong way (as we both and many others did) and we felt like it was false advertising. Not knocking you, just pointing it out to you.

Everybody have a good racing weekend and enjoy yourselves.

AARC67,

You are right.

pipsqueek78,

I apologize. I would take my comments out if I knew how so may

be Nick can.

Neil,

I did not mean to stir you up. Simply backing up Ramey60 in that people could take your entry list the wrong way (as we both and many others did) and we felt like it was false advertising. Not knocking you, just pointing it out to you.

Everybody have a good racing weekend and enjoy yourselves.

You said nothing out of line. All families have disagreements sometimes.

Nick

pipsqueek78,

Since we are giving out suggestions. I would suggest you find another hobby if a top 10 or 15 is your goal.

I have that goal because the car I race isn't known for being fast or reliable. My goals are realistic. So, unless nearly every car in the field has mechanical issues or wrecks (or I magically end up with $4,000) I know I'm not going to win. And for the record, racing's not just a hobby for me....

I'm done arguing, but keep tuning in to the Daytona 500s over the next few years, that way once I win one of'em, I can ask you: "how do you like me now?" B)

PIP I LIKE YOU VERY MUCH .. HECK YOU TOOK MY NAME ..LOL /BOY YOU KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOUR DOING OR YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF YOU STOP ..I REMEMBER TERRY LABONTY SAYING AT CC ONE YEAR .HE WAS GOING GRAND NATIONAL ..EVERY ONE THOUGHT THAT WAS A PIPE DREAM ..... WELL WE KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY ..CAN I HAVE YOUR FIRST AUTOGRAPH ....

Just want to remind TPS drivers and crews who were at the last race to remember to bring their wrist bands from the rain out. I mention this because I just spent 35 min. finding mine and now its in my truck.

Neil -

I think you should continue posting the list of "paid entries."

Maybe add the following:"The following is a list of TPS drivers who have a PAID ENTRY to the NEXT race."

Oh wait, you already do add that disclaimer. ;)

Do not let the haters who fail to read what is written stop you from sharing the information with the rest of the racing fans that DO want to stay informed. TXSZ is a public forum used to share information, just like you currently provide. I and most of the others hope you continue!!

BTW - To all those complainers (all 2 of you) - I am on that list. I ran for 2 and 1/4 years without missing a single race, and have (by situation) had to sit out thus far this year. I paid my entry to be on that list because if things get ironed out, I will be there. That list is a list of TPS drivers who have paid their fees to race - the list of who attended the race comes AFTER, unless one of you has a working Crystal Ball you can let TPS borrow!!!

pipsqueek78,

Pipsqueek78

Wish and your dream will come true... what will 4000 buy?

Shelma

Neil keep on posting like you have been, the rollover of the entry is as a courtesy for us drivers,if he did not do this more then likely the drivers would have spent that money and would not have entry for the next race. Yes my car has not been entered yet this year,it is a matter of time,work,money,family,but the car is close,hope to make the 28th,will have to see. Like I said the tracks list all registered drivers,but they all do not show up for every race either,same thing in a program for a ball game,just because they are listed in the program does not mean they all will play or even be there. Keep on doing what you are doing, hope to watch tomorrow night.

J&S thanks for your sponsorship to the series.

I WANT TO ASK THE V.W. CAR THAT WINS THE TIRES IF HE ,OR SHE WANT TO TRADE FOR SOME BAR.B.Q. LOL. SEE YOU SAT.

RUBBER TIRES ..OR CHEWY TOUGH BB.Q HMMM THATS A TOUGH ONE LALO ..VW DRIVERS MAKE SURE YOU GET MEAT ON THOSE BONES .NOT BBQ BONES ..HE IS SNEAKY

Do not let the haters who fail to read what is written stop you from sharing the information with the rest of the racing fans that DO want to stay informed. TXSZ is a public forum used to share information, just like you currently provide. I and most of the others hope you continue!!

BTW - To all those complainers (all 2 of you) - I am on that list. I ran for 2 and 1/4 years without missing a single race, and have (by situation) had to sit out thus far this year. I paid my entry to be on that list because if things get ironed out, I will be there. That list is a list of TPS drivers who have paid their fees to race - the list of who attended the race comes AFTER, unless one of you has a working Crystal Ball you can let TPS borrow!!!

Lloyd,

Lloyd - Calling fans who questioned a TPS procedure "haters" and "complainers" can't being doing much for the THR customer relations department. Fans are still the lifeblood of our sport and calling them names on here for bringing up an issue that DIRECTLY affects them as fans does little to encourage their future support.

I have watched and encouraged your team and have admired your ability to interface with fans and to promote your sponsors (in a way, just another type of fan). You were the last TXSZ member I would have expected to post something negative about fans - whether the fans were right or wrong.

The management of Oxford Plains (Maine) Speedway have advertised - yes advertised - that more than 200 LMs have registered for their Banknorth 250 this Sunday. Guess who will be there watching Terry Labonte and a bunch of other well-known drivers spend the entire day in qualifying heats and semis leading up to a 250 lap feature? Yep, me. Can you imagine my disappointment if there are only a handful of cars there and Texas Terry is nowhere to be found?

I know this is an extreme example, so please don't send me hate mail telling me that I'm a complete idiot, or worse... I'm just trying to make the point that ramey60 and others have made. When people believe (for whatever reason) that there will be a bunch of cars at a race and there are only half the expected number, they are going to be disappointed, no matter the reason.

This is in no way taking sides. As many of you know, I have worked with Neil for many years and am an enthusiastic supporter of the TPS.

By the way, I have heard from ramey60 and he doesn't quite understand the hostile responses he received from some.

Ramey - Let me know your real name and address (I emailed you but your Hotmail account doesn't seem to be working) and I will pay your way (and a guest) into this weekend's TPS event at THR and kick in $20 spending money!

Off the old soapbox for now.. LOL

Nick

Hartracn19,

Before you smart off to people, you may want to consider a couple of things.

#1 Go to Neil's original post - where is the disclaimer?

#2 People like me are what allow you to race. I personally would not drive across the street to watch your class. However, I have very young children that like the smaller cars so I have taken them to a few races over the last year. Probably as many races as any non-family member of TPS has. Guess what, I have taken them to my last one because of the attitude of Neil and some others like you that have responded. Go back and read from the beginning. Ramey60 only pointed out something he thought was wrong. Neil and your group is what turned this into a confrontation.

#3 Neil says the list is of drivers who have shown an intent to race. If you paid to be on the list five races ago, you have shown no intent to race tomorrow night so Ramey60 is correct. The list is misleading.

Since I am one of the "haters" you have called out, why don't you read what was written because it is not correct.

SPRINTSRULE-JUST A QUESTION, WHY WOULDNT YOU DRIVE ACROSS THE STREET TO WATCH US RACE? I BELIEVE THAT THERE IS ACTUALLY MORE SIDE BY SIDE RACING IN TPS THAN IN ANY OTHER CLASS OUT THERE. I KNOW THATS WHAT MAKES IT EXCITING FOR FANS AS WELL AS THE DRIVERS. AGAIN JUST A QUESTION.

I CAN RESPECT THAT YOU LIKE OTHER CLASSES BUT, THATS NOT ANY REASON TH KNOCK MY CLASS I HAVE A LOT OF FUN WITH THOSE GUYS. MY UNCLE USED TO RACE LATE MODELS AT SAS AND SPRINT CARS ALL OVER TEXAS. I ALSO ENJOY OTHER TYPES OF RACING BUT I CHOSE THE PRO SEDANS TO RACE WITH BECAUSE OF THE SIDE BY SIDE RACING.

The following disclaimer has been added to the bottom of the final TPS entry list, page #1, post #1.

All future TPS entry lists will be available on www.TexasProSedans.com

click on > 2007 TPS Members, Officials and Sponsors.

Disclaimer: The above Texas Pro Sedans entry list is composed of those drivers who have paid their entry fee for the July 14 race at Thunder Hill Raceway. The list should not be interpreted to be a list of TPS cars that will compete on track or even actually arrive at THR. TPS officials have no way to determine the intent of TPS race teams who may or may not travel to THR on the race date. This list was requested by THR for publication in the track souvenir program. TPS complied with THR's request. The entry list will appear in the July 14 program.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Its truly sad and unbelievable that in our day and age that the nitpicking has come to this,every racer that wants to compete and make the races has to make huge sacrifices to enjoy their hobby.......money,time,effort,etc.............just to get there and race so that the crowd has racing to watch, this kind of commenting and disagreement causes nothing but less and less willpower for the racers,sponsors,fans, to make the races,where were all the people commenting on these "TINY" wording descrepancies about the car count when the Pro Sedans had over 20 cars showing up!!!!!!!................Look around,keep running things down and when there is no more tracks,cars,racing,racers, then you can really have something to comment about .............Randy

Archived