Outlaw SLM Race

hcwsracing

Probing for intrest in a SLM outlaw race I have been reading about all these cars that can no longer run in the SLM class. So lets bring them out of the corner of the shop and lets run the cars. TIDA,Romco even USRA teams where are you at shake off the dust and lets run. Like I said looking for intrested teams I am in the begining stages of putting this together I was approched by a couple of people that would like to see this race happen.

Some of you know we were the major sponsor for the first ever ASA race at SAS back on 04/01/06

I am looking forward to working on this project and lets see if we can put this thing together

You can PM me on TXSZ or email racing@hillcountrycellular.com

Thanks

Doug O'Neal

Hill Country Wireless & Satellites Inc.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just went an ran with the PASS series in South Boston Virginia, and they seem to have a pretty nice set of rules. You may want to give them a call or check out the websites.

To Me :

Outlaw = $$$$$$ I don’t think you can have an outlaw race due to the under funded teams only have what they have and cant afford to buy anything else. Do you want a 1 of a kind race or a good race, do you want a lot of cars or a few teams that can say they hauled a$$. To me 32-38 cars at HMP or SAS would be great. Look at sobo I was a tenth off in the final practice and was 16th to me that’s competitive.

Thats for wanting to put a show on in Texas though you can probably count me and a few of my customers in on the event.

J.C Umscheid

How about CRA rules? Allows a bunch of motor combos. Or WAIT! The ORIGINAL 2006 USRA rules were FINE! Allowed a bunch of engine combos and both perimeter and offset chassis. Why did they change it? I guess only Rick knows.

if you put 10 cars on a track doing 110 mph / or you put 25 cars on a track doing 90 mph - which one is the better show????????? speed is irrelevant.

if you put 10 cars on a track doing 110 mph / or you put 25 cars on a track doing 90 mph - which one is the better show????????? speed is irrelevant.

CH you are correct and we are looking for the car count that is why we are working to find rules that will allow as many cars to run as possiable. I think Racers want more cars on the track and so do the fans!

How about a set of rules that says 10" tires, 250.00 claimer shock rule, 2800# car, and pick a weight distribution %age. Other than that RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG

Jason

The rules where changed because on the first night of racing about 15 of the 22 cars there wanted the change. And basically the only change was the weight.

and before you start on the large volumn cylinder heads. A few teams called and I said we would accept them thru the end of the year since we started with them.

I dont like making rule changes mid stream either, but it was requested by the teams themselves.

Rick

How about a set of rules that says 10" tires, 250.00 claimer shock rule, 2800# car, and pick a weight distribution %age. Other than that RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG

I think this sounds good with 3 additions.

1. Change the weight to 8.0lbs/cubic inch so underfunded teams can pull the ole' 383 out of mothballs

2. 56% left side for offset chassis and 58% for perimeters

3. Run any 10" tire on any 10" wheel

Otherwise run what you brung----how simple can that be!

Count us in--maybe for 2 cars if the rules stay open. Rules like this would let everything from TSRS cars to midwest outlaw SLM's to run.

Let's get it on!

I seem to remember the teams that asked for the change in rules when the season started, but didnt those teams quit running or go run the blizzard series and never run again with the USRA in 06??? Im confused. Did we have 22 cars at the first race? And I really dont recall 15 teams wanting the change...........

Why would you have a claimer rule for 1 race? $250 shock rule, count our 2 cars out if thats the case. This isnt ASA its SLM's......

hray,

57% offset and 58% perimeter.

Arts lets not count anyone out I'll post the rules people are just expressing what they would like to see I am not in favor of any claims on anything at this point. This is a positive thread we want to put on a RACERS RACE that is why I am on here asking if RACERS are intrested. I have received alot of good ideas and we are working to put a package together. again we want high car count AND good hard racing.

I would like to see 25-30 teams say lets get it on. and when we show the rules I think we will still have 25-30teams saying lets get it on!

Doug

hray,

57% offset and 58% perimeter.

I'm not dead set on 56% / 58%. My only reasoning is it is hard to get a 2800lb perimeter to 58% anyway. Most perimeters are going to wind up at about 57% making a 1% split.

I'm more hardcore on the tires and letting any car run any motor. As for a claimer on the shocks--I don't think it really matters. The teams that have their act together will zero in on the shock package whether they are fixed valving or high dollar adjustables.

The main thing is to open the rules up to include as many cars as possible. Maybe then with 28-35 cars this can be duplicated at SAS, HMP and THR.

Some of you know we were the major sponsor for the first ever ASA race at SAS back on 04/01/06

I am looking forward to working on this project and lets see if we can put this thing together

Thanks

Doug O'Neal

Hill Country Wireless & Satellites Inc.

As some of you will remember, this race drew teams from as far away as Wisconsin. Leave the rules open and offer a reasonable purse and you may get some of those teams back. They own more than just ASA cars.

I would suggest using the Lakeland Florida SPEEDFEST 2007 rules as a guide for formulating a set of rules that would accomodate all types of SLM combinations. The SPEEDFEST rules are a good attempt to allow lots of car and engine parameters. These SPEEDFEST rules were jointly designed by the Florida Sunbelt Series, the CRA Super Series, and USA Speedway.

http://usaspeedway.com/Race-2007-01-27-Main.html

Archived