Question .....

Jason

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce I was in the stands and did not here Terry call you a coward. He said something like it was the polititians fault for not prosecuting. He said some other stuff but it was not really clear due to the fact that he was abviously upset about what happened. Regardless of what happened I have watched you race and spoke to you man to man you are a good racer and willing to help us guys out if we need it. I respect you for maintaining you compsure during the inncidents that happend to come out 3rd in the end. Also my compliments to Joey Heinaman and the Bill Meyers crew for putting Bruce in a awesome car. Not many people these days would let some one else drive there car..

that was also very very very cool , the way bruce re acted to the circumstances............thanX outlawcaddy i forgot while watching this unfold , the way that he acted was class act.

i think enough people heard it.

Well, Crazyhorse, you and I heard two different things then.

I was at the grandstand side of the gate just below the flagstand - about 20 feet from TD - when he got on the mike. There was also a PA speaker very close by.

TD did tirade about the judicial system and DAs and law enforcement who he felt were not doing their jobs by letting stuff like what happened go by without punishment. He may have even used the word 'chicken' in regards to the legal establishment. But he had just been told there was nothing the officers could do since the extinguisher never hit Bruce. Kinda like if someone takes a swing at you and misses - there's no assault. Just an attempted assault.

Nick

who said it was said on the p.a. nick? maybe it was said in the pits during the chaos. somebody has been spying on p.m.'s..........you need to call it "maybe it will be private message" ;)

anyways , its done blah blah blah..............so on and so on...........we will all argue for a week on the rights and wrongs in each others varying opinions instead of facts as to what took place ,you'll say black i'll say blanco.

who said it was said on the p.a. nick? maybe it was said in the pits during the chaos. somebody has been spying on p.m.'s..........you need to call it "maybe it will be private message" ;)

anyways , its done blah blah blah..............so on and so on...........we will all argue for a week on the rights and wrongs in each others varying opinions instead of facts as to what took place ,you'll say black i'll say blanco.

Well, I did exchange a PM with Bruce Barber about what I heard on the PA, but that's it.

And I did receive a PM from you as well, but I will not disclose what you said in that PM.

So, who has been spying on PMs, Shawn? I'd like to know. However, if you feel the TXSZ PM system is not to your liking, you certainly are under any obligation to utilize it.

Thanks.

Nick

Nick, it's often called "assault and battery." The "assault" is when someone tries to hit or otherwise harm you; it's "battery" if he actually succeeds. In other words, just trying to hurt you qualifies as assault.

More than likely, the sheriff's deputies or whoever were simply admitting that, though they could press charges, the local DA (who probably assumes we're all a bunch of ignorant rednecks anyway and that this kind of "assault" most likely goes on all the time at race tracks) won't waste his or her time on the case. They're probably right.

TQ and redd35,

Thanks for the information. A lawyer I'm not..

I guess the point is that whatever reason the deputies gave for not arresting John didn't set too will with TD to say the least.

Nick

The only real assault that took place was to the vehicle since bruce was not hit, so yes it would have been a waste of time for any law enforcement officer to attempt to arrest him for that. And although, T.D. wayyyyy over-reacted, i am curious to know why exactly he doesnt know what is a real criminal offense at the track and is probably fortunate that he himself wasnt (should have been) placed into cuffs and arrested himself. JMO

back to the orignal post .can a sportmod run top 5 in this class ....johnny kellough (hooters racing)...

johnny i was just joking...a full blown dirt mod has a hard time keeping up with the current rules. dont think a sportmod could even come close....but hey if car count stays down a top 5 may be possible

back to the orignal post .can a sportmod run top 5 in this class ....johnny kellough (hooters racing)...

Johnny, a SportMod would be way outclassed. A regular mod would need some chassis help to be competitive. Right now you have Newton Barta running an old HOT Chassis and doing well. Lawrence Mikulencak did quite well the years he ran his old HOT Chassis. Several years back Brian or Greg Killingsworth ran one of the big pavement shows in Kyle. If you're really interested you might give one of these guys a call and see what changes would be needed.

Jason you should think of going to THR as a challenge. Talk to Bruce and/or Joey and work on lowering the car, roll centers and getting a good set of tires and I think you will be very suprised at how well you can do. I have travelled to and raced in several bigger events with what was considered lesser equipment and weight disadvantages, but I made the A main both years and was very proud of my finishes. Work on your car and setup and just go RACE!! Seat time and experience help all drivers.

Wes

I for one didnt here that coward staement,I did here Terry prase the deputies and condem the COURTS for there laws and notupholding the law.

Hers a question, why is Bristol the most bought ticket and the race everyone wants to be at, excieting, yes, but cause they want to see who will bump who and who will loose there cool, as for racing at Bristol, single file, bump to get passed, so to say you would never go back to SAS because of what happend is so BULL, yes 125 laps for 10 or so cars is way to much, laps should be according to how many cars you have but even when it was Romco or TIDA, there were allways half the cars drop out and allways just 2 or 3 who took off and made a show, as is today, for the most part the racing itsekf was boreing, but all in all it was a excieting show, sure no one wants to see anyone wreck but that is part of the excietment to put on a show for most, my beef with SAS and allways has been is the time or lack of time to get the wreckers and and clean up of wrecks done, why did they have to use 2 wreckers to SLOWLY haul a car off when you have 2 roll backs just sitting there.Hell Nick knows me and my coments and if I would go back it must have been ok.

i think what Jason is saying since car counts in the mods are so low and 1/2 usally drop out he could possible just run his own race and place fairly good, wouldnt be a front runner, but would be there at the end if he stay out of the way and race your oun race and it does add to look like better car count,

Assault is in the Texas penal code under 22.01 Battery however IS NOT. If Bruce Chose not to press charges, then that is his right. The most that the Deputies could have done was maybe cut the "Actor" a ticket for disorderly conduct. Punishable by a fine only- same as a traffic ticket. If your yourself are not the victim then you have no control over if charges are filed!!!!!! Like it or not!!!!!

Archived