Question .....

Jason

Matt,

I'll call you in a couple of weeks. There is some talks of someone out west wanting to bring ARTS back. Don't know that he can use the name????? Anyways, he loves the trucks and they are racing them with very similar rules... Let me make sure I say this correctly, he wants to do a national series where there is a west coast nationals and an east coast nationals. The country will be broken up into regions and drivers will be invited to come to nationals.

I have met this gentleman and on the spot was invited to come to their awards banquet. This guy is for real.... Very genuine... Oh and they are working on Toyota bodies....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they've already got toyota bodies mark , i originally started to run one this year but it did'nt look like i'd get it in time for the 1st race- problem with the mold or something.

Question, If this guy (or someone else) should put it together, how many of you truck guy's would show support????? There are alot of good truck's just sittin around. You caint sell em, and if you dont race em because you dont want to........ as Jon G alway's said, fill em with dirt and grow flower's in em....pretty expensive flower pot...dont you think????

28 truck.............

mike will be on here to say the 66 truck.

shouldn't answer for jimmy, j.r,or brian but i guessing the 30 truck

Just came from Jimmy's...looks like that #30 truck will be sittin'....you know.....I've been racing for 16 years (been around racing since the 70's) and working as a TSRS official since they started......I would like to start a series. Trucks would be nice.....I think I would have to go with the ARTS rules if I did......they could accompany TSRS....maybe I'm just dreamin'....

I think if anyone brought back the ARTS series, they would be successful. The trucks are fun to watch, and the fans love them. I would love to get into one, but USRA doesn't look to have much of a future except at SAS, and I live in Houston. I know of 2 in Houston that have sat all year because of the series. Good luck to whomever brings them back.

Shawn I'd prob get a truck if the price was right. Gotta love credit card racing! Trucks are some of the best racing around. I bet Owen would be willing to schedule a truck race at STS if he could get enough trucks to show. Could prob run the 970's.

J

Jason, I was talking to a former ARTS promoter yesterday,( NOT JON G.). He told me that the northeastern ARTS pretty much is gone as well......for the most they are all running on dirt up there now. Also Jason...you can get one (truck) "dirt cheap".....no pun intended!

they've already got toyota bodies mark , i originally started to run one this year but it did'nt look like i'd get it in time for the 1st race- problem with the mold or something.

shawn paul, you are correct. they are still having problems with the mold, but felt they were close. how close i don't know.

listen i want to back up, i think that things in the truck series have always been great to watch and great when we could race. going back to arts days when truck count was high, it was some incredible racing. jon, his dad and all the rosecity crew did an awesome job of keeping it together. terry, in my opinion has done a great job with keeping them going. i for one have a truck that sits and i know you all have heard my excuse. work has got me busier than ^^&%&^, but i still love watching the truck race.

my impression isn't that this gentleman wants to start a new region here, if i understand him correctly; he wants to talk with the owner of the regions. if there isn't a series running in that region then they will start one.... keep you all posted when i here more...

maybe maryann will start up a truck series to run along with the tsrs class..........that would be a show worth watching, the tsrs and the trucks, they usually have the most action of the traveling series and out of the traveling series at least they will be traveling...........

That would be one hell of a show........

Gunnar, I think it would be better for the trucks to go back to the 970's then the f53's(slicks). That way the 305's would be competitive with the crates.....

970 ...........more predictable , longer life and shane hit the nail on the head , even though we run a crate..........if you want to help car counts you do that by making it more efforttable ,one of the first places you look to make it easier to effort would be tires.

We run the 53's in TSRS as you know Shane. The tire work's well, to me they dont fall off after they have 100 laps on em..We won in Houston on a set that had over a hundred laps on em...AND if the truck guy's are lucky enough to be on the card with TSRS next year, there will be plenty of them. jmo. but I'm with you the 970's are a great tire as well. everybody I have taked to in the truck's say that the A/R'S change like the weather in Texas...just wait a minute, it'll change. that would have to be a unnerving felling!

Hope yall get the usac deal in today!!!!

Yeah the 53s are good tires, awesome tires... The slicks give the crates the advantage, so using the 970s might bring back alot of the 305 trucks that are setting. I think MA would have 20 plus trucks at every show. Go back to the original ARTS rules and leave it be.

Archived