Sergio Hexsel wins TPS race

YOU SEE WHY I SOLD MY CAR COULD NOT AFFORD TO BUY NO MORE PLATES,LOL

Yeah, Lalo, those restrictor plates are really expensive. Wasn't someone practically giving them away? LOL

Nick Holt

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KLEENEX wouldnt sponsor you......................?

they make plates as well.

please . quit crying and race already................if not just (my momma taught me to be nice) hush up. TPS puts on a hell of a show ..........................with or without you.

your car sold , right? that means somebody wants to race it........now fade off into obscurity.

THANX- from all of us that are very freakin' tired of hearing it.

pony is my brother.............i'm just crazy. ......[edited out by Nick Holt, 8/6/06]

nothing stopping you but air and oppurtunnity.........................lots of trucks for sale.

so please ,,,,,,,,,,,,, feel froggy.

YOU SEE WHY I SOLD MY CAR COULD NOT AFFORD TO BUY NO MORE PLATES,LOL

[ lol ] now we know the truth .lalo i thought it was cuz you couldnt drive .but after last night you proved me wrong . and to clear this matter up on our plate guys the reason why we have not put it on yet is ill have to redo my jetting .and jack brought the 40 to sas when we ran .there the only time this year .and we had some other problems .so i did not put it on .now i forgot to get it from him that night even thow he told me to come and get it .but if he shows up at the next race he will have it for us .and neil and all who wants to check it before or after the race is welcomed to join in on the party .and that includes an invite to nick . :lol: or any want to be teck man .

just wanna race him.................i'll save that 'out behind the barn' stuff for anybody else that's interested.................

strange now that you mention it , i hear the faint sound of arkansas banjos.

ok people no fist fights here some people are taking this stuff to hard and it might end up in a fight you know i post things on here hoping some people will read it and make some changes and the reason im doing it cause from what i hear they are going to lose about 4 more cars next year and i dont really wanna see them without fords running with them ( notice no names)

ok people no fist fights here some people are taking this stuff to hard and it might end up in a fight you know i post things on here hoping some people will read it and make some changes and the reason im doing it cause from what i hear they are going to lose about 4 more cars next year and i dont really wanna see them without fords running with them ( notice no names)

Mr. Carpenter,

If, as you say, you feel that pressuring him in public will get you the results you are lobbying for, then you don't know Mr. Upchurch very well.

Frankly, if I were building a TPS car from scratch, I'd build a 2338 cc Ford with a non-aftermarket steel head with an aftermarket tube frame and lighweight body. In my opinion, that combination (next to the air-cooled VW combination) has significant power-to-weight advantages under the current rules.

Nick Holt

nick i dont know the weights of all the cars but didnt the dishmans go to stock head this year now you can get a lot of horsepower out of those heads but i ran lalo's car at cc with the alum head . and u can feel the difference of horsepower the people that are running fords are trying different things rico's car is cast iron its over weight but its being put on a diet but i dont know if it can get that light

well nick i builted a light steel tube frame car and if i still put a cast head on it i would stiil have a left side max .not the same as a stock body car .and in order to get my car correct with the rules i would have to spend more money on the spring set up and so forth just to be abel to get the left side and the wieght of the car where it needs to be . this car is 2150 without the wieght .last year i wanted to put a 2000 in it but the rule would have killed me on my left side to wieght differents..and if i was to ever build another car for tps which wont happen .it would be stock as much as it could be body wise .

OT,

I'm just saying what I believe would be a winning combination. Build whatever suits your fance and have at it! There are lots of reasons (money, knowledge, time, etc) why someone builds what they choose to build.

However:

1) An overweight car will not beat a car that is not overwieght if everything else is equal.

2) A car that does not have proper weight distribution will not beat one that does if everything else is equal.

3) A good builder can build a TPS tube frame car that will meet the TPS weight rules with room to spare. In fact, if you build it right, you will have to add ballast to the right side to meet the rules.

4) A little suspension knowledge goes a long way. A lot of suspension knowledge goes even further.

Once again, I'm not putting down what anyone chooses to run. I'm just saying that if I were to build a TPS car I would build what I said in an earlier post.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

but what is the penalty for running a after market frame cause we was talking about that for next year with lalo just dont know if the pocket books are that deep

The tube frame chassis with a OEM head is 56% left side as compared to 58% for the OEM frame with OEM head. The suspension geometry on the tube frame more than makes up for the 2% left side differential in my opinion. The car that I am suggesting that I would build would have to weigh 2472 pounds total with a 2338 cc engine sporting an OEM head.

Nick Holt

Crt for oem head and tube chassis it is 56% left side and 2472 if running a iron head ,oem chassis it is -5% break and if running a oem head you get a additional 250lb break and 58% left side. The only head that runs a restrictor plate is the ARCA head.I know you like to discuss things and or lobby for different things or ideas,I think things are fairly close,but I myself would not mind a across the board left side rule myself,but I have to have my car out long enough and work the kinks out to even say first. I have a good iron head engine dying for the chance to get in the car when I have the time,but for now it is just the mild one. One thing for sure TPS has been talked about a lot more then in the past.

OT,

I'm just saying what I believe would be a winning combination. Build whatever suits your fance and have at it! There are lots of reasons (money, knowledge, time, etc) why someone builds what they choose to build.

However:

1) An overweight car will not beat a car that is not overwieght if everything else is equal.

2) A car that does not have proper weight distribution will not beat one that does if everything else is equal.

3) A good builder can build a TPS tube frame car that will meet the TPS weight rules with room to spare. In fact, if you build it right, you will have to add ballast to the right side to meet the rules.

4) A little suspension knowledge goes a long way. A lot of suspension knowledge goes even further.

Once again, I'm not putting down what anyone chooses to run. I'm just saying that if I were to build a TPS car I would build what I said in an earlier post.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

yes i built ours right . it came out 54 percent .with driver .then i had to add wieght to get up to the rules and get as close to 53 at that time .now we can run 54 which is what the rule is now .got to move some wieght .

well 1 thing is for sure bad press is better than no press . but a car weighing 2472 will not out run a 18oo lbs car . everyone has run the cast heads till randy and leroy brought the alum out and yea they did DOMINATE but what rules have changed for the vw's since then i wouldnt wanna be the guy that techs or writes the rules

every one thinks its the head yea that helps but they also spent the time makeing that car turn .and spending money on rear end gears . and springs and shocks and randy can drive ,i cant believe i said that part .oh yea if that head was all it takes to win then im doing something wrong .make my job easier please .

Crt yes a 2300cc car will outrun a 1800cc it has been done many times before,and yes the aftermarket head rule has been around in the rules for 20 years,and the rules have changed some the other cars got to upgrade to a 38mm carb from the old 32x36 and even a 500 cfm,though most only run the 38mm or 350cfm carbs,they were not allowed a wholesale upgrade to the 500 all at once.Yes I know we weigh with the driver now,but what we have to weigh is pretty close to the same as was before.The Fords used to get a weight break when we ran the 32x36 as long as it was stock stroke crank,valve size and flat top pistons and the vws (watercooled)even had to add 10%. Then the Fords had to weigh .91 lbs,but I am not sure if they got to run the big valve heads or the 500 holley,of which I was told everyone voted on the 500 for the carb.Crt yes I would love to take the weight off the car also,min could weigh 1900lbs with a full tank of gas and me in it.The .89 rule for the fords came when there was a progressive weight scale depending on engine size and a 2300 with big valves would have had to weigh 1.04lbs per cc.

However:

Thanks.

Nick Holt  

Wow I actually agree with Nick on something, I beleive he is 100% correct in this statement. Somebody edit him quick, I think He was passively aggresively bashing Oldtimer with this statement.

but a car weighing 2472 will not out run a 18oo lbs car .

cRt,

The facts simply do not support your statement.

Several times this season a Ford has been the fastest car on the track. For instance, on March 11 of this year, the fastest qualifying lap was recorded by the #1 Ford Mustang - Bryce Dishman set a new TPS record at SAS. He weighed in within 10 pounds of the 2472 pound car we are talking about.

And, by the way, I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just trying to lay out the facts when it seems appropriate to the discussion.

Nick Holt

nick i dont have anything against you i know you have a lot of the facts at your disposal thats why im asking you the questions what head was bryce running the cast or alum and what was he doing in the race qualifing is different than the race i know several tricks to get extra speed out of a car for a couple of laps rick rapp would soak his air cleaning before qualifing

Archived