Sergio Hexsel wins TPS race

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T hat honda is like my bad toe nail .it just wont go away how many lifes does that car have .has to be more than 8 .and we will make lalo do all the cooking .as for as asking the same question .that is part life .and repeating the same thing over is part of age .cant remember 2 seconds ago ..want a ford buy ours .it will cost you thow .and why did you let 1 crew out of the cage .i thought he was in the lab .working on hide away wings for your honda . and as for as the bunny he aint got didly on that honda .

no i had a answer on fords last win but not with the stock head cause lalo's win ,,jessie's win and if the dishmans had some it all would of been with the alum head randys and leroy both had the alum i dont know if james lee or irene wilkey ever won a race

Oldtimer, Work sent me to the left coast for a few days so I've got not much better to do while sitting in the hotel. BTW, for those that are interested regular unleaded is $3.26/gal here (just north of LA), at this rate it won't be long before we are lining up to buy racing fuel because regular is too danged expensive....

ok well talking to lalo the last one he can remember he said there was two brothers he thinks the car number was 91 he said he was thinking it was in kyle but he said some of the front runners had problems he was thinking it was like 8 years ago

irene won at the old austin track .a heat race .steven when you and i ran the cast head beA TING A FWD WAS EVEN HARDER .AND IT WAS NOT SO MUCH AS THE MOTORS THEN .WIEGHT AND REAR DRIVE KILLED US AND STILL DOES .NOTHING HAS CHAINGED .WE MAKE MORE POWER .WE GET RESTRICTED OR GET WIEGHT ADDED .BUT WE MAKE THE POWER TO CATCH UP .THAT HAPPENS AT ALL TRACKS AND SERIES WHEN YOU RUN FWD AND RWD CARS . POE[LE SAID OUR CAR IS FAST IT IS .BUT THEY HAVE NO IDEAL HOW MUCH MONEY AND TIME WE HAVE PUT INTO THAT CAR .AND SHOULD NOT HAVE TO . AND STILL DO .JUST TO KEEP UP .AND IT HAS GOTTEN TO DARN EXSPENSIVE TO DO THIS ANYMORE . IM NOT PICKING ON ANY SERIES . THIS HAPPENS AT ALL TRACKS . IM JUST USEING OUR CAR AS A SAMPLE .I SEE THIS IN OTHER CLASSES TO .BUT NEXT YEAR WE .ARE GOING TO RUN THE CHEAPEST AS WE CAN AND THAT MEANS STAYING HOME TO RACE IF THAT IS THE WAY TO GO.

well can anyone answer  my question

Are you kidding me.......crt, you think people on this board owe you something,first of all,what difference does it make,that was old technology and a long time ago(from what I understand back when you actually owned and raced a car)Instead of sitting in front of your computer(and playing with your "Days of Thunder"slot car track)and bashing a series that is the longest running in Texas,not to mention one of the best paying classes and best managed I have ever had the privelage of being a member of,why dont you build something to race,"THEN" you might have a small amount of say so as to what you think is fair..........until then I think I would not say anymore,whine anymore,ass-ume anymore,or try to discredit anymore.......GOT-IT!!!!!!...........by the way all Pro Sedan Members,Lets here it for some of the incredible payouts we are about to enjoy and remember that Neil does work very hard to rewrite our race contracts and get them signed so these are guaranteed payouts.........$1000.00 thats incredible!!!!! show me any other four cylinder class getting payed that, twice this year,and to all of our sponsors,...THANK YOU....,ya'll show Neil some thanks for all the time ,effort,and professionalism!!!!!................I will have the #53 Herbie back in the racing soon and will be chasing all of you front runners down.....................Randy

Way to go Randy! I couldn't have said it better myself. I think one of the reasons Pro-Sedans has survived this long (and why I have raced this long) is because Neil is not biased and works hard to keep a level playing field for all kinds of cars to race on.

Where else can you find a mix like we have? Thats why guys like us keep coming back. I was racing in prosedans a long time before cRt showed up and i'll be around long after he is gone. We had guys like him a long time ago, they just didn't have the soapbox to stand on like the internet gives us today. Lots of people can talk these days , but few can actually do things.

well i see someone buckled under the pressure !!!well randy you do what ever you want i have never told anyone not to run tps . like mike just said that is 1 of the tps cars they are probally gonna lose . and i have heard of at least three others . so they can do whatever they wanna do. but what is the average car count 12 to 14 now. and if you take those 4 off your not going to have much of a class .now there are several cars that run tps that i have built . so even if im not in the drivers seat i still help put cars in the class . and yea 1000 dollars to is a great purse . the biggest i have seen in a 4 cly class. and im sure it will bring a lot of cars out of the wood work . but you have to do something to keep the cars running with you .

Guess what crt,when you go after something I am a part of I have every right to defend it ,seeing as how I am a paid "racing" member of this class,and I actually bring something to it by adding my own money to help when I can with sponsorship,lend myself as a tech man when needed,and helping fix cars and lending my equipment to help other racers...........wow imagine that "helping and trying to make things better"something you dont understand............"hit the pace car",cause you have bashed everything else............Randy

randy i havent told people not to race tps and ive even ran tps races and build cars for tps all in all i think tps is pretty good i just have problems with some of the rules and some of the decission that have been done and made and texas speed zone is a good place to vent

in the right corner crt .in the left corner randy . in the midlle tps . on the out side everyone else . oh then there is me .how about a bar b que . at the next race and crt and eveyone can just get this all out and be cheesy . :D

also what is the average car count down south and hows the payout.......wow so did you forget the Pro Sedans have been around for over 30 yrs.............amazing

The pay out is not to bad even thow some poeple would rather have more .lets just look at it this way .tires to race here $50to $60 dollars . and less. tires here last 4 to 6 nights . some alot longer . anywhere else if you want to run up front $102 .last 2 to three races depending on your car you run and set up . us 2 races . now gas for most people here to get to the track 15 dallors .except gb ofcourse . us maybe $3 food cheap we are home .gas to travel us

$ 100 not counting race fuel .to win down here im not sure but i think it is $175 . heat race $25 i believe.and down three places .out of town some tracks race heat race pay i believe is nothing .so race for free .feature average $325 .maybe . so for us its alot cheaper to race home than anywhere else .oh and before there was two race tracks there was what 24 cars .and this class of misfits have been raceing down here for over thirty years .class wise ..now more cars in the lminnies live here in corpus than id say live in anyone city or town . just gose to show you we love them here . but we will see eveyone in sas .and spend that hard earn money . and randy im very glad you car will be running soon .

but what is the average car count 12 to 14 now. and if you take those 4 off your not going to have much of a class .

those 4 off that you are probably refering about arent included into those 12-14. i believe those 4 arent showing up on a regularily basis anyways. And as most seasons/series go, cars come and go, so TPS will probably still get the cars coming out to fill the car count. Of course it seems the cars your refering about are the fords, i presume. Wow, wouldnt it be interesting to have all VW's in the TPS next season. LOL

If I recall, the 91 was Jeff Tindell and it was Irene Wilkey's car before Jeff got it. I worked on the car when Bill had it (for a short time), Bill only drove it once at a practice before selling it but I remember he commented on how much power was there. Before Bill drove it I fixed the carb (it had loose boosters in both primary and secondary), added wedge plates to the rear to get the pinion angle corrected and put a rear panhard bar on it. I don't know if those problems were there when Irene ran it but there was speed left to find in that car and Jeff proved it..

but what is the average car count 12 to 14 now. and if you take those 4 off your not going to have much of a class .

those 4 off that you are probably refering about arent included into those 12-14. i believe those 4 arent showing up on a regularily basis anyways. And as most seasons/series go, cars come and go, so TPS will probably still get the cars coming out to fill the car count. Of course it seems the cars your refering about are the fords, i presume. Wow, wouldnt it be interesting to have all VW's in the TPS next season. LOL

you might get that all front wheel drive class someday . i believe thats the way its heading on purpose .nothing wrong with that. then we will start a all rwd class there is enough cars to do a rwd now on a regular bases but not fwd just yet but close real close .course in the allison cars there is no fwd i wonder why that is .but i would miss some of you fwd drivers .ps dont leave out that honda .

If I recall, the 91 was Jeff Tindell and it was Irene Wilkey's car before Jeff got it. I worked on the car when Bill had it (for a short time), Bill only drove it once at a practice before selling it but I remember he commented on how much power was there. Before Bill drove it I fixed the carb (it had loose boosters in both primary and secondary), added wedge plates to the rear to get the pinion angle corrected and put a rear panhard bar on it. I don't know if those problems were there when Irene ran it but there was speed left to find in that car and Jeff proved it..

irene s husband could of made that car alot faster but he told me and her he did not want her to get faster .and keeping motor togetther was what he worried about the most .what happend to that car .i use to have that car on the street .put my race motor in it and blew away some v8.s with it and when season started they needed a new car hence there it was i gave it to them .

there was some guys that bought another car from me i raceed in 1989 and part 1990 .it went on to race in waco .as a dirt car ithink they brought it down a few years ago and ran with us .that car used to be the 12 pinto that david won two champion ships at cc .

you might get that all front wheel drive class someday . i believe thats the way its heading on purpose

i dont honestly believe that is the purpose of TPS to just have/want FWD cars. It just kind of surprises myself that with CRT whining about how all the Fords are at a disadvantage, its kind of funny that even with these so-called restrictions, the fords are pretty much still faster than most. Take the #1 and #2 cars, they ran the fastest times at SAS and w/o oil problems on one and silly driving on another, along with several missed races, they should have had several wins already. Then your pinto #7 seems also a top speed car and the #22 had a setback at the beginning, but is now regaining his speed.

Understandably, alot of teams have hard times with all there expenses as yourself, but i would hope that these particular Fords are still around and competing due to the fact that they are still faster than most and if push comes to shove, i am more partial to the Fords than the VW's..LOL

but what is the average car count 12 to 14 now

Since CRT doesnt make the TPS races or read up on them, maybe i can clarify that his statement is incorrect. IF you read up, the average car count this season is 18-19 cars, but i guess he was just trying to state a low count to help his argument.

Archived