Sergio Hexsel wins TPS race

hey mike so how much protest money did you collect last race . just wondering cause i hear they made you pull your plate off to see if you was illegal and i would think someone would of had to protest your car after all what did jessie finish 8th place 1 lap down or did the tear down all of the front runners or were they just picking on a ford

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didnt see money but im not the car owner. and i was not looking at anyone else so someone else has to answer that one /red . i did get a laugh out of it thow with randy 53 herby driver doing the tecking .it was funny .anyone can check our car anytime .and i kind of thought he was nervous . but i really like randy he.s allright with me .now if he could get his car running maybe he.ll let me looksie at his lol. ps i suppose we were to fast and they wanted to make sure we were on the up and up . nothing to hide thow plus they havent checked our car sence winning sas last year .i did not give it much thought . but now you brought it up when a car is tecked it should be open for anyone to see it .ours is .

ok well does anyone else know if jessie's car was the only one made to pull something off hey mike i got a idea if they dont have enough tech people why dont you tech rico's car and rico tech jessie's at least it wouldnt be the drivers teching after all jessie's drives the 7 and lalo is going to be driving the 29

ok well does anyone else know if jessie's car was the only one made to pull something off hey mike i got a idea if they dont have enough tech people why dont you tech rico's car and rico tech jessie's at least it wouldnt be the drivers teching after all jessie's drives the 7 and lalo is going to be driving the 29

well steven it was not a big thing for me .like i said its ok . randy didnt race . and he decided i suppose to be a teck man that weekend .and i dont think it was planed for that to happen just worked out that way . but that they may be on to something there .i and jessie thought it was neat.

19 come on down and test your car at cc .and 78 get some more lap time in .just cost gas and gate.

I plan to this Thursday (if we have the car back together by then), and the next one.

Adam - your going to test at CCS??? :blink::blink:

Mike - I would love to come down and test, but the budget line has to be drawn somewhere. Like so many others, I consider it a shame that an agreement wasn't reached so we could race there. But hey, I am not willing to get into the negotiations, so I just run where they set us up at. I trust Neil to take care of his drivers. I wish CCS was a whole lot closer, and I would run a race or two with the Thunders on an off weekend. Most folks don't like the wall... I do :blink: . It gives me something to gauge off of.

But then again, I would like to see added to the TPS schedule a road course, and a dirt track (STS, I37, old man Jones’s field, it really doesn’t matter too much).

I think 10 - 12 races are just about the right amount for us, as it gives great balance for family, budget, work, race, etc.

So lets see, what would I like to see as a schedule for 2007:

SAS – 2 to 3 races (our super speedway)

THR – 2 to 3 races (the intermediate track)

CCS - 2 races (our own version of Bristol)

Road course - 2 races (folks claim they like the challenge of set up)

Dirt Track - 2 races ( talk about a wild card)

Now this is just my opinion, but the year’s champion would have demonstrated their diversity of driving style, and their teams ability to set the cars up at each of these.

Is this schedule a reality, not as far as I can tell. But what fun it would be. B)

You really want to mix things up – Throw in the following: head to Paris TX and turn us loose on the Rally track that is run there. :lol::lol::lol:

well you forgot tws and tms . but heck we drive up there to race with you so you come down here .its 160 miles to sas for us .230 or so to kyle . but i would like to see us on the dirt track sometime .but the cost of tires are way to high as it is .maybe its time to look at a cheaper tire .

I know Mike, but that is so you can run with us... :P

When TPS and CCS work things out, we will be there. But it is too far for just a practice. The Honda is also way outside the rules for the Thunders, so running on an off night is pretty much out of the question.

Do you think maybe CRT will build a Mustang and let me drive it down there?? :o

j/k...

Again, I know the "dream schedule will not happen, but boy it sure would be fun!!

As far as tires, I agree they are costly. But when I ran dirt, I had to run a street tire. I was buying four new ones every other race, because I couldn't keep them in the rims. Everyone had the same problem. The Hoosiers we run will last a whole lot longer, so in the long run, are cheaper, at least for our team.

lol yes steven would put one together for you to race if you put up the moooooooooooollla . yes those tires we run are good .but when you are 2573 . they dont last as long. and you can run your car here as long as you put street tires on .chip has lalo.s car and runs it down here. but either way we are going to do everything we can to keep you behind us with in the rules . so buckle up and get your act together and give us hell . :lol::lol::lol:

19 come on down and test your car at cc .and 78 get some more lap time in .just cost gas and gate.

I plan to this Thursday (if we have the car back together by then), and the next one.

Adam - your going to test at CCS??? :blink::blink:

Mike - I would love to come down and test, but the budget line has to be drawn somewhere. Like so many others, I consider it a shame that an agreement wasn't reached so we could race there. But hey, I am not willing to get into the negotiations, so I just run where they set us up at. I trust Neil to take care of his drivers. I wish CCS was a whole lot closer, and I would run a race or two with the Thunders on an off weekend. Most folks don't like the wall... I do :blink: . It gives me something to gauge off of.

But then again, I would like to see added to the TPS schedule a road course, and a dirt track (STS, I37, old man Jones’s field, it really doesn’t matter too much).

I think 10 - 12 races are just about the right amount for us, as it gives great balance for family, budget, work, race, etc.

So lets see, what would I like to see as a schedule for 2007:

SAS – 2 to 3 races (our super speedway)

THR – 2 to 3 races (the intermediate track)

CCS - 2 races (our own version of Bristol)

Road course - 2 races (folks claim they like the challenge of set up)

Dirt Track - 2 races ( talk about a wild card)

Now this is just my opinion, but the year’s champion would have demonstrated their diversity of driving style, and their teams ability to set the cars up at each of these.

Is this schedule a reality, not as far as I can tell. But what fun it would be. B)

You really want to mix things up – Throw in the following: head to Paris TX and turn us loose on the Rally track that is run there. :lol::lol::lol:

No, I ment THR. Heh, I don't even know where CCS is other than Corpus Christi, lol. I like your ideas on the race schedule. But maybe have TMS/TWS as our superspeedway, and make SAS/THR our intermediate tracks. Remeber, I'm a rookie, and 17-years-old at that, so I'd be fine if every weekend we raced, lol.

hey 78 if you can find coupus .then its not hard to   find ccs . :lol: you pass it going to the beach.

lol, I know. I just haven't gotten around to driving that far.

are you telling me you have more miles of driveing on a race track . then on the road . if thats the case then let me know when your on the road near me so.s i could pull over :unsure: :

hey 78 if you can find coupus .then its not hard to   find ccs . :lol: you pass it going to the beach.

lol, I know. I just haven't gotten around to driving that far.

are you telling me you have more miles of driveing on a race track . then on the road . if thats the case then let me know when your on the road near me so.s i could pull over :unsure: :

lol, no. I've been driving about a year and a half. But the furthest south I've gone is SAS, and the furthest north is THR, lol. By myself anyways. When I had a permit, I helped drive my family to and from Colorado a couple of years ago.

lol.

hey past your bed time lol mine to so ill go and try and get som e help me look better sleep .yea right iv tried that for 50 years . hasnt worked yet . but ill keep trying to .i also need to take that darn word ing off my front door that reads[ GOing CRazy Be BAck LAter .] cuz i just cant find that turnaround yet .

Hey CRT - I really appriciate that. But the sad fact is, CC is too far for me to commit to on a regular basis. In fact, we have had so many problems this year, we have been lucky to make it to every TPS race. Oh well, that's racin'!!

But I am disapointed thet TPS will not be making the trip this year. It is a great track to run on, and the Honda has always handled great there. Like you said, it is more of a handling track.

OldTimer - You are willing to buy me a plane ticket to come race with you? You are soooo generous, and I would really love to take you up on that, but I will still have to pass...

:lol::lol::lol:

As far as 1-Crew goes, well (shsss, it's a secret.) We looked into one of them there Holt Specialties invisible air chassis, but found it wouldn't pass tech with TPS, since Nick is one of the Co-Chief Inspectors. Sooooo, we are in R&D as we speak on the next break through to come from 4 Hart Motorsports. Keep watching that announcement forum for the reveal somewhere between the next month, to as late as next year!!

:blink::blink::lol::lol::lol:

:P

jou.s a fuunny guy .air ride you say hmmm we can get into one all you have to do is touch one of jessie tire s with any front tires from your car and away you go air ride . and if nick is lucky when you land there might be something left to inspect .sounds good to me haw about you .

cRt racing: You got it all wrong, again. Neil hired me to be a TPS Technical Inspector on July 22 at THR. He told the drivers meeting that I was hired to be an Official TPS Technical Inspector because at the July 15 SAS race, my car had what appeared to be a season ending engine failure. He said that a man of my technical ability should be utilized when available,and I agreed to help due to the fact I have been racing in this class for over 11 yrs.

The official TPS post heat qualifying inspections involved the weighing of the first 3 cars in each heat. In the first qual heat cars #66 and #7 weights were approved. #7's restrictor plate was viewed but not removed and measured.

#72 was found underweight and was penalized from 3rd to 6th.

After the second qual heat, car #20, #15 and #74 weights were approved and all passed.

After the 20 lap "all green" feature race, the first three positions, car #20, #70 and #4 were weighed. All cars passed inspection.

After the feature, Neil asked me on the radio to perform a micrometer measurement of the restrictor plate on car #7. The reason he wanted this inspection was to insure that the #7 plate had been enlarged from 38mm to 40mm as is now allowed in 2006 TPS rules. The plate measured 37.6mm. I informed Neil of the measurement. When he returned from Race Control, he talked with the driver of #7 and encouraged him that to go faster, he should take full advantage of TPS restrictor plate rules and enlarge his plate by 2.4mm to the allowed 40mm before the SAS race on Aug 19.

Now you know the true facts and won't have to post any more incorrect assumptions in your continuing attempt to hurt TPS!!! Let me know TPS drivers would you rather have someone else step in to help??????

Randy Larsen

co-Chief TPS Inspector

July 22 at THR

Archived