Sergio Hexsel wins TPS race

did you try it with out a thermostat . i wonder if todd evans has had that problem .seems like ya have purty much done everthing been there before .how much water pressure does that motor need .and if it not flowing into the radiator that could also meen you may have a problem with the thermo or upper hose in sas we ran hot and it was the upper hose wierd .

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did you try it with out a thermostat . i wonder if todd evans has had that problem .seems like ya have purty much done everthing been there before .how much water pressure does that motor need .and if it not flowing into the radiator that could also meen you may have a problem with the thermo or upper hose in sas we ran hot and it was the upper hose wierd .

It was pounded into me that you never run without a thermostat because you overcool part the engine while the other part overheats. The constant flow creates a bypass, at least on some engines.

We had tried a reducer before, and still had the problems. Hondas have a reversed system, and that just complicates the whole issue. The thermostat is connected to the bottom hose, and that is the one I think is collapsing.

ok i see . get on sts track and see if you could get some info from todd evans on what he might be doing on his honda .and if he.s had that problem . maybe he knows something . tps 22 ozzy if you want to ask me anything call 361 993 2035

Lloyd-I know, I never understood that as far as the driving through the kitty litter either. At SAS when my right rear tire was going down, we found a small, maybe not even a centimeter long, piece of metal in it. But it poked a nice sized hole in the tire.

I've felt the same way you do about the 78 car. It's almost legendary, lol. But it's run up front and won races in the past, so I don't see why it wouldn't be able to now. Like you said, after some good driving and hard work on the car, it could be leading the feild someday. Randy Larsen is always in the top 5, top 10 somewhere. I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Hey Lloyd, I've had those springs get sucked out of hoses before, one

even poked a hole in the hose. I would use aluminum tubing instead with short hosesat each end, but you probobly thought of that.

Lloyd-I know, I never understood that as far as the driving through the kitty litter either. At SAS when my right rear tire was going down, we found a small, maybe not even a centimeter long, piece of metal in it. But it poked a nice sized hole in the tire.

I've felt the same way you do about the 78 car. It's almost legendary, lol. But it's run up front and won races in the past, so I don't see why it wouldn't be able to now. Like you said, after some good driving and hard work on the car, it could be leading the feild someday. Randy Larsen is always in the top 5, top 10 somewhere. I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Your doing fine. You are staying down when the faster cars are coming, but still out there getting seat time. I look forward to the day that I can walk over and congratulate you on taking that bug to victory lane. I will be able to say "I drove that bug before..." B)

If you do a search, a while back I posted that someone would build a bug that would be setting the new pace. Low and behold, Randy shows up.

Keep up the good work!!

PoorBoy - Thanks, that is what the plan was to do this weekend. Not even sure if that is the problem or not, but at this point I am willing to look at it as cheap insurance. In fact, I will probably change both hoses... LOL (One already has the spring, but it has more than a couple races on it. LOL :P

Mike - I had one do that many years back, but haven’t had one happen since. As I recall, the one I had a problem with was the one that flowed back into the radiator. The hose was collapsing, and when I took the hose off, half the spring was fed into the radiator. Again, haven't had that problem in a long time, but I have heard lots of stories of that happening. ...And with the luck I have had this year with parts :( , where do I find aluminum tubing? :rolleyes:

darn with all this imput 19 you might get lucky .and just start blowing our doors off . you car is not slow .no zone . hmmmm SCARY. and 78 just keep on keeping on you.ll learn to be a better racer the way you going at it and the respect of others . which you already have .i to would love to see you and randy and any bug win .instead of us bad old fords and fwd vw.s . :lol:

just dont become a tony stewart .dont need anymore of its his fault . :lol:

lol. Don't worry I won't. I can't stand him.

use to like tony but he.s got where he thinks he is nascar .he.s going to kill someone someday .he still thinks he on short track raceing .nomatter where he raceing . if i were those other drivers i would really come down hard on nascar .they control more than they think.

just dont become a tony stewart .dont need anymore of its his fault . :lol:

lol. Don't worry I won't. I can't stand him.

use to like tony but he.s got where he thinks he is nascar .he.s going to kill someone someday .he still thinks he on short track raceing .nomatter where he raceing . if i were those other drivers i would really come down hard on nascar .they control more than they think.

Yeah, but NASCAR has there own problems too. For instance the Chase format. Brian France wants that changed somehow. But everyone else thinks it's just fine. The only reason France wants it changed is cause Jr. and Gordon didn't make it last year. And Gordon, Jr, and possibly Stewart are on the verge of not making it again. Which is stupid, even Jeff admitted last year that the 24 team didn't deserve to be in the Chase anyways.

But like you said, somebody needs to get NASCAR to crawl out of the hole they're in and show Tony who really runs the show.

im getting tired of nascar the real raceing is gone now its all about money .the cars all look alike . you used to be able to glance and know what a make of car is now next year they will be nascar iroc .and most tracks are one and a half miles now .need some more bull rings but that would hurt thier green pocket .

darn with all this imput 19 you might get lucky .and just start blowing our doors off . you car is not slow .no zone . hmmmm SCARY.

Hey Mike, that is the plan, after all!! ;)

BTW - Doesn't apear to be a collapsing hose, so we have rerouted the hoses (again,) and we will see. I think we should stay cooler this go round (I hope :blink: ) and should be able to finally see what the ole Honda can do at SAS. See yall there!!

im getting tired of nascar the real raceing is gone now its all about money .

You beat me to the punch. Seems like not only Nascar, but what all of America is about anymore. Gone are the days of real customer service and caring for one another... Except in Saturday night racing!! That's what I love about racing in TPS. We can get out there banging door handle to door handle in the heat race, and then help each other out to make sure everyone is able to race again in the feature. Ain't life just grand!! :D

As far as most of the Nascar drivers go, only a handful still "get it." Great to hear the new young humble drivers who are just glad to be able to be where they are, (and I hope they stay that way...)!! Hamlin, Edwards, and a few others are great to hear after a race as opposed to the young cocky ones who think they are owed the chance because they are legends in their own minds.

whats wrong with being a legend . in your own mind . im one :lol: i cant help it if no one see.s it lol .i hope that the drivers you talked about stay humble . i remember the days of unlocked doors . handshake being the word you could trust . it was [we] in those days now its[ me ] .[ I ] and [ MYSELFS ] and i try to still be a [ WE ]. and it gets harder to find a we .kids now days dont learn the we . hell they go to work and dont do anything .lazy .and then want more money .or i have a hand nail cant work today sorry . i work with the flue broken bones etc im 50 years old and fat can out work most kids thease days . 20 years from now im worried that there wont be a [we] insight that we could find .but atleast i try and teach my 14 year old son to be a [we ] . <_<

Archived