Texas Speed Racers Association

RockStan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well tommy sounds to me like you have raced several series that have kinda the same thing i am talkin about. wait no they are exactly what i am talkin about with the exception of longhorn. so i guess what you are saying is what is good for you isnt for everyone else unless they wana spend tons of money and join a traveling series or go back in time and get in 1/4 midgets

Look tommy i have met you before through a mutual friend and I am not trying to get into what is better than what all i am sayin is everyone should be able to run any track without having to move up or spend tons of money. all i am trying to get is so that everyone can run like the trucks or legends or any other traveling sereies without the traveling series just go and run. thats all i am getting at

I.

M.

C.

A.

National. I'll say it again NATIONAL set of rules. Already up and running, already in place. No need to organize anything. Just build the cars and race.

Just do it. Do I.M.C.A. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

i know what you're getting at,just grab the bull by the horns and go for it and dont let go.Sit down with the right people and discuss it and see what can be worked out.At least if you discuss it with the powers,they'll have to give you an answer.Start now, maybe it can be worked out for next season.

Stan..

How would this union improve the current situation?

Looking for specifics

Promotion?

Negociation?

Just don't get how its will help racing in general..

Let me dive into this a little deeper so you understand what I mean:

Union's typically require dues.

If a Union decided to strike all must participate or penalties will be incurred.

If a track decides not to deal with a union what happens? No racing at that track?

*(Not bolstering ego, just showing examples)

Several of us tried to create the infamous "S.T.A.R.T" (Support Texas Auto Racing Together)

Why did it fall off the radar? Because people showed up to the meetings however expected a couple of us to do all the work.

I have not given up on the basics of S.T.A.R.T. instead applied many of the same concepts to the kids club.

Created JRA Kids Club, and continue to enhance the work.

- Building the concept that showing up at the race track is not just "Watching Racing" its more a "Family Outing".

- Linked together with River City Quarter Midgets.

Training Grounds for future drivers

Improves car counts. *(Don't believe me.. Look at all the rookies in the Legacy's, Bob's work with the QM's has been great)

Quarter Midgets have a very strong family involvement.

- Creating a information distro for families. 125 families on current list

Mailings on events

Communication path

- Created JRA Race team

Give improved value to sponsors

Visually promotes Track/Club/Sponsors

Will find a "Young racer" fielding this car eventually

To sum it up.. I personally have taken responsibility and setup up my efforts. People that have been there for support and help, "I Greatly Appreciate It!"

I personally think this should be call a Partnership more than a Union. The word Union will scare WAY more people off then gather I believe.

When the Tracks make rules based on the top 5- teams imput, and not including the imput from the other 40 teams that race ina class or series you will have problems.

If there was a Central voice for all race teams that have the race teams issues in mind that might help.

Look at THR Limted late model class - They do not even have one any more. There were over 30 rule changes, some being major changes that have been made in the past 3 years. The Class has gone from a Limted Late Model Class to a Super late model class (TSRS).

These changes were made to get more Cars in the class, not to help the racers who already race in the class.

These rule Changes made it Impostable for most of the local race teams to afford to race anymore.

Now if you want to race Latemodels you have join TSRSbecause the local limited late model class has been Absorbed.

When this first started happening many of us spoke up, and were treated like criminals because we spoke up.

We did not have a voice, and our Class went away.

If we had a Spokes person who the tracks would listen to maybe this kind of a problem could have been prevented.

Just my opion.

Bryan lane

EX- Owner Late Model #77

Aaron i think you are right and i didnt mean to make this seam like it was goin to be a union just an organized crime ring so to speak just a voice that all racers who are scared to speak out or what ever they are to be heard not just over looked because they arent talking or just not being listened to we want to make it like I M C A but that name was already taken so we are sorry. you no all of yall against us are not helping like we are trying to help you . i am sorry for making it sound like a union and even making reference to it being a union but that is not what we are really shooting for . like i told bryan lane on the phone earlier you go get kevin fowler and tell him we are goin to charge you 3500 to come play for us . you no what he is goin to tell ya. racers are the kevin fowlers of short track racing industry. the tracks are the stage and we are the entertainment not the other way around. we should be asking for higher purses and less entry fees. and i can already hear it now if they lower the fees they cant raise the purses . well that is bs........... look back in the circle track article about short track racing there is a track up north that it is like 10 bucks for the pits and the payout is still higher than ours.................. and they race thursdays!!!!!! the tracks around here charge us for a pit space then for registration then to show up every night ,try that with musical entertainers. you will have a silent night all to hell. see they have us thinking that they are doing us a favor by having these tracks open and they are to a point but in actuality we are making them a good living for us to have fun. i am goin to leave you with that for now to think about. and before you get on here blasting me just think about booking a band for one night and call them and tell them you will charge them to come play for you. then hold the phone far away from your ear so when they slam it down it dont hurt so bad

see they have us thinking that they are doing us a favor by having these tracks open and they are to a point but in actuality we are making them a good living for us to have fun.

Some of your points are good but... In regards to the tracks making alot of money as your comment suggests if I am not mistaken Mary Ann and Terry have businesses that they use to help fund the track because they are not self sustaining. With all the money that has been put into both tracks over the past couple of years it is hard to see where they are making a good living off the tracks. You can ask Terry or MA they do well to break even or make a small profit. I think that is a percieved flaw in the thinking there especially if you want them to spend money to promote the drivers to bring fans to the track via advertising ect. In regards to pit passes in WI how many asphalt tracks do they have there vs. here in TX right now there is 5 tracks that run similar type cars for the most part within our state. In WI there is nearly 3-4 times that amount in a similar size area in MN, WI and MI. What that means is there is more cars and higher car counts = lower pit costs. Good luck in your endeavour but without more cars they (owners) will have a hard time justifing an increase in purse while also cutting the pit passes down.

...see they have us thinking that they are doing us a favor by having these tracks open and they are to a point but in actuality we are making them a good living for us to have fun. ...

Making a good living? Not sure what track owners you're talking to, RockStan.

But, since you seem to believe that track owners are making a good living, why not buy one. I promise I'd run your track if you lowered the pit passes and raised the purses. Of course, you would have to close within a few weeks unless you do what the current track onwners are doing - digging into their other businesses and dipping into their life savings to cover the losses they take every year.

Nick Holt

Nick,

What do you think the racers do? it isn't just the track owners...

One of the incentives that the corp i work for has is call "Profit Sharing"

A race track should have a simular thing. and most do.. its called "Drivers Point Fund"

If a track is profitable, the drivers should get some of those profits, they are the show.

The issue at hand is the tracks aren't being profitable.. THR's move to a reduced schedule was in my eyes a attempt to increase profitablity. The issue with being in the Red so to speak is the funds are not available to invest in the advertising and promotion that is required to turn things around.

Here is a simple way to promote the race track.. and not many cars do this:

Marc Roy gets credit for the shot! The Lose race car is credit to the Sun and driver experimentation:

You can't tell me that you can't read that website address!

sorry nick but i wouldnt have you run an ant farm for me and i didnt mean they are becoming millionares but i am pretty sure they arent going in the hole on it eitherand speedracer if you lower and raise you will get more cars witch in turn brings more fans am i not mistaken?

sorry nick but i wouldnt have you run an ant farm for me and i didnt mean they are becoming millionares but i am pretty sure they arent going in the hole on it either

I meant I'd go back to being a racer and run my car at your track if you buy a track, lower the pit pass costs and increase the purses. I have NO desire to run a race track, let alone an ant farm.

Nick Holt

Speed Racer where can I get the rules on the hobby class I race a hobby car in Kyle and plan on going to Houston on our off weeks also what is the payout?

thanks Gary

Gary,

Here's a link to the HMP hobby stock page. There's a link to the rules on that page.

cs

http://www.houstonmotorsportspark.com/HOBBYSTOCK.htm

Rock I dont think that lower pit costs are keeping what cars are available from coming $10 a night isnt the same as some of the other issues you bring up. So no by simply lowering the pit entry costs you wont see enough of an increase in cars to justify raising the purse. Its going to take a combination of everyone being on the same page in regards to rules and keeping the cars themselves affordable before there is a large enough increase in cars to justify dropping those pit costs. Believe me I would love to see more cars cause its more for me to take pictures of I dont have the answers but thats what I think its going to take to get there. Just takes cooperation and understanding.

so now you are agreeing that there are problems but everyone wants to look the other way and not say anything about them well i dont have a problem with that and i can get real loud if needed but no when to quit also i am not sure if everyone is scared of being black balled or what but you cant get banned from every track and if they do ban you then you must be hitting a nerve about something oh and i never said that just doing one thing is gonna fix all problems either

Archived