Texas Speed Racers Association

RockStan

ok sarge say you are right................... yea trevor might be in the points race right now but next time he is in killeen ask him what he has in his motor ask him what he has in his hauler and ask him what he payed for his chassis....................... i am not sayin that imca is bad i am just sayin i dont think it will work for asphalt....................... and this wasnt meant to save the racers millions and make them thousands it is to get a standardized set of rules between the 5 "sorry forgot about red river" race tracks ............... you will never be able to save racers money because you can cut the costs to nothing and then he is gonna say gee look at all this money i have for an enclosed trailer now............... or a new haul truck it is a never ending circle but we can make it so more beginners can start up and not in the old hobby stock rules witch is a grand stock but even in the new super stocks aka street stocks................. yes imca is a damn good sanctioning body but not for texas asphalt tracks but hey this is all just my two pennies apparentley

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but not for texas asphalt tracks

Because.....?

I haven't heard one reason why it wouldn't work. Just "it won't work".

Texas Thunder or H.O.T. are perfect examples of running I. M. C. A. with "local" classes. They both have strong I. M. C. A. fields, and strong fields of the local cars. Street stocks are not completely compatible between the two, but most street stocks on down (hobbies, minis and such) don't travel much anyway. But I. M. C. A. racers do.

Keep the local classes, and intergrate I. M. C. A. classes to the program. Keep the touring series, no need to get rid of them. Heck, don't sanction the track if you don't want to, run their rules and enforce them.

You ignore the majority of racers in the state at your (asphalts) own risk. Your trying to increase car counts, but god forebid you make it easy for the majority of cars in the state to race with you.

Boggles the mind, it truly does.

Never said I. M. C. A. would save you money, just maximize the return on investment. If you have an I. M. C. A. legal car for sale, you can sell it to more people from all over the country. The buyer can have confidence that it will be legal without any problems anywhere else. If you have a SAS/THR/CC Street Stock, even with unified rules, your potential buyer base is........ pretty damn small.

ok sarge say you are right

I am right.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Archived