Plan to fix NASCAR once and for all....

NickHolt

New rule:  Have a mandatory "big one" every ten laps.  Last car running is the winner.  Just think of all the advertising opportunities with multiple-angle replays and endless interviews from the infield care center.  

Nah, will never work Nick.  There is NOTHING and I genuinely mean that NOTHING is going to get these so called millennials and post-millennials up off their collective fat asses and out from behind their little ipad screens.  It's ridiculous to go somewhere and see all these people living their lives entirely fixated on those little screens. What a sad state of affairs it truly is.

Edited by Budman

I tried to watch it to the end, but finally gave up and went for a bike ride at the beach. I refuse to trade my fun in the sun ... for their ignorance behind the wheel.

If NASCAR truly wants to fix their package, then stop allowing endless blocking from punks like Lagono and others.  It kills the show and any continued interest from fans (new or old)  

I'm truly amazed they haven't figured that out yet?  Until then, I'll stay focused on open wheel racing!

3 hours ago, NickHolt said:

I think Tony and I are on

about the same wavelength. I really like his Daytona Figure-8 concept...

me tooooooo  .I love figure 8 .I have dated one or two in my life …..the team owners can put a stop along with sponsors on this type of racing .. .

9 hours ago, BeachBum said:

I tried to watch it to the end, but finally gave up and went for a bike ride at the beach. I refuse to trade my fun in the sun ... for their ignorance behind the wheel.

If NASCAR truly wants to fix their package, then stop allowing endless blocking from punks like Lagono and others.  It kills the show and any continued interest from fans (new or old)  

I'm truly amazed they haven't figured that out yet?  Until then, I'll stay focused on open wheel racing!

I know you said punks like Logano. I do remember someone by the name of Earnhardt who use to do the same thing many years ago. They all will block.

Yes he blocked, they all were blocking or would have blocked.  Where the problem is that no one has mentioned is why the he should of blocked and that it was totally pointless for him to do it. Yes you are racing and its part of the superspeedway game but Logano was a lap and half to two laps short on fuel.  So why block when you are going to have to pit anyway.  Even as much as they tried to save fuel they still hadn't saved enough.   maybe a different story if he was on same pit sequence but he wasn't.

8 hours ago, Josh42 said:

Yes he blocked, they all were blocking or would have blocked.  Where the problem is that no one has mentioned is why the he should of blocked and that it was totally pointless for him to do it. Yes you are racing and its part of the superspeedway game but Logano was a lap and half to two laps short on fuel.  So why block when you are going to have to pit anyway.  Even as much as they tried to save fuel they still hadn't saved enough.   maybe a different story if he was on same pit sequence but he wasn't.

If they are short on fuel they will still block because there's always the chance of a caution. Come in under caution and everyone will be packed up again.