Nascar "Ro-val" race at Charlotte

metroracer

I give them credit for trying something new, and believe for as long as they do this convoluted championship format, there should be a road course in the mix.

From what I understand, there isn’t much flexibility in the scheduling for a few years, so this is what we got.  

Judging by the stands, people weren’t clamoring to get in there.  

I don’t know what to say that hasn’t been said.  NASCAR lost its way, and is having a hard time getting back. 

What parts I got to watch it was a pretty good race. Jimmie gets the bone head move of the day award.  I know he wanted to win and break his winless streak but he wasn't thinking big picture on that move.  Whats going to really look bad is if he goes out the next couple of races and wins then he knows he really shot himself in the foot for an 8th championship.

2 hours ago, PAPosse said:

I give them credit for trying something new, and believe for as long as they do this convoluted championship format, there should be a road course in the mix.

From what I understand, there isn’t much flexibility in the scheduling for a few years, so this is what we got.  

Judging by the stands, people weren’t clamoring to get in there.  

I don’t know what to say that hasn’t been said.  NASCAR lost its way, and is having a hard time getting back. 

They are locked in until 2020 I believe is when the schedule can be opened up and changed, but that is also when the TV Contracts are up for change as well. 

35 minutes ago, arob said:

I don't think it was that bad. They tore up a bunch of stuff. A lot of viewers like that.

Toyota tim come's to mind he has to be #1…..he loves wrecks as long as it don't cost him, I noticed he has not commented yet must be so excited he cant speak or type at this moment :D

when too pit early or not was interesting .88 chief made a good call ...as for 48 he was hungry and needs to prove he still has it ..I cant blame him for going for it ..

It was sure a great race.  Very calculated by many teams with the exceptions of the one who had issues.  Numerous pit strategies etc.   And by the way, the attendance was huge.   You can say what you want about the stands, but I guess they were scattered everywhere.  The traffic was a nightmare afterwords and I heard it has been a while since that has happened.  Rock on Nascar, ignore the haters.  

2 hours ago, rebelracewriter said:

Funny thing they said it was biggest crowd in five years.....From all the empty seats that's not saying much then.....People there said it was tough to see a lot of the track.

Wow.  I'll have to look again.  Maybe I mistook the people for painted seats.

2 hours ago, PAPosse said:

Wow.  I'll have to look again.  Maybe I mistook the people for painted seats.

use to be the cameras would scan the stands not anymore nascar does not like that  .it looked empty for me except for the start area ..the painted seats were painted for the elusion ..

Thank all of you guys for watching it, that helped the TV rating go up by 10%.    It was one great show.   I listened to Sirius radio yesterday and everyone love it and wants more.  Again, thanks for helping the ratings.   If I hate something, I dont watch.

Archived