Very Unofficial Houston Motorsports Park "Track Madness 24" results, 3/9/2024

Please Note: These results are very unofficial.  There were several errors or missing data in the online results.

Pro Modifieds

1. 5 Memphis Villarreal, 31 laps

2. 72 Johnny Walker, 31 

3. 54 Diogo Moscato, 31

4. 7K Kenneth Canales, 31 

5. 14 Nathan Caldwell, 31

6. 118 Jason Ferre, 7

7. 7 James Remore, 2

'SecurityGate.IO'  Pro Trucks

1. 57 Max Calles, 24 laps

2. 48 Jake Wright, 20

3. 82 Anthony Monroe, 20

4. 28 Archie Waller, 20

5. 777 Matthew Remore, 7

'T&L Maintenance' Lone Star Legacys 

1. 21 Dalton Wayne, 24 Laps   

2. 23 Allen Sampson, 24

3. 5 Brian Benedict, 24

4. 48 Mike Knotts, 24

5. 57 Kahlen Koch, 24

6. 26 Calvin Johnson Jr., 24

7. 71 Kevin Dority, 24

8. 04 Colton Cook, 24

9. 55 John Miesen, 24

10. 51 Carson Green, 24

11. 19 Colton Gillinger, 24

12. 54 Ty Hymel, 20

13. 3 Delilah May, 16

14. 12 Delbert May, 12

15. 148 Daniel Canales, 9

16. 8 Juan Vallarta, 0

Legends

1. 04 Dane Schwarz, 21

2. 7 Todd Mc Lemore, 21

3. 81 Christopher Hogan, 21

4. 88 Rusty Young, 21

5 80 Rusty Young (?), 21

6. 9 Jamie Call, 21

7. 58 Ted Guiterrez , 20

8. 51 Matt Hillhouse, 18

9. 22 Alfred DelCastillo, 16

10. 8 Austin Call, 11

11. 24 Evan Schwatz, 4

12. 17 Tim Rasmussen, 2 

'SIGMA Corp' Eco Stocks

1. 58 Kahlen Koch, 20

2. 88 Troy Covin, 20

3. 74 Mike Mecum, 20 

4. 45 Sarah Moore, 20

5. 72 Soren Rasmussen, 20

6. 83 Chris McCracken, 19

7. 8c Hunter Curry, 19

8. 56 Lee Arnold, 19

9. 5R Pat Guerrero, 19

10. 70 Casey Devoti , 18

11. 3 Doug Gibson, 14

Factory Stock and Outlaws

1. 50 Mason Teague, 20

2. 45 Patrick Villarreal, 20

3. 7 Bryan Meredith, 20 

4. 8 Tim Homeyer, unk

5. 8 Ed Thompson, unk

NASKARTS

1. 51 Carson Green, 16

2. 46 Mike Steinman, 15

3. 93 Chad Rogers, 15 

4. 12 Robert McKinney, 5 

5. 99 Scott Sanne, 2

Who would have thought a year ago Legends and Legacies would outnumber every other class combined.

Wild.

(Not counting karts)

*maybe there was some merit to all those conversations about cost cutting to make the full size classes more sustainable*

Edited by MikePeters95

2 hours ago, tps48 said:

Yeah, Lone Star Legacy is way off.

1- 57, 2-21, 3-54, 4-23, 5-5, 6-48, 

im not sure past 6th,

It was a really good Legacy race🏁

Someone at HMP had no idea how to run the system, Mike.  All I did was copy the results posted on the internet scoring system they use. 

If you have the "Official" results, feel free to share them with me.

Yah ...   HMP uses the "MyLaps"  Timming  System,  Where the Factory Stocks use mostly a "Westhold" Type of Timming System.

Just Means,  The Factory Stocks are not Timed Correctly with a Correct Finishing Results with out using the Correct Transponders that the Track Uses....

The Correct Finishing Results Readout are Very Important for the Racers & Fans to follow the Sport....

Just now, metroracer said:

Yah ...   HMP uses the "MyLaps"  Timming  System,  Where the Factory Stocks use mostly a "Westhold" Type of Timming System.

Just Means,  The Factory Stocks are not Timed Correctly with a Correct Finishing Results & Car Counts with out using the Correct Transponders that the Track Uses....

The Correct Finishing Results Readout are Very Important for the Racers & Fans to follow the Sport....

I didn't even realize how off the Legacy results were.

Kahlen Koch in the #57 started and finished P1 in a car that hasn't seen a track in 5+ years prepped by CJE Performance.

21 was 2nd

Ty Hymel was third after starting dead last, missing practice and heats with what he originally thought was a blown headgasket, but after helping him go through the car was actually just contamination in the system clogging it because THAT car hadn't seen the outside of a warehouse in 10+ years.  Ty pulled that car from Graham Baker's collection, and went through it in about a month in his 2 car garage at his house.  Was super cool to see him go from thinking his car is blown up, starting dead last, to third.  That was really cool.

And Mike Knotts also started from the back and wound up 6th.

I did notice the Race Monitor results were somewhat off after the fact but didn't realize they were copied here.

On the results up there the factory stocks and bootleggers were combined, and looks like the Outlaw Late Models were overlooked, but we all know Robert Barker showed up, therefore won that lol.

Edited by MikePeters95

22 hours ago, MikePeters95 said:

Who would have thought a year ago Legends and Legacies would outnumber every other class combined.

Wild.

(Not counting karts)

*maybe there was some merit to all those conversations about cost cutting to make the full size classes more sustainable*

I have witnessed the cost cutting statement for 30 plus years.  It never changes.   People change.  It has always been expensive to race and always will be.  There are areas in the country that Super/Pro Late model classes are booming.  Look at the Cars tour.  Booming man.   What we are missing here in Texas are enough people willing to spend the money or go get the money to do it.  People would rather spend their time and efforts trying to be an influencer on Tic Toc now that building a race car or chasing sponsors.  There is no shortage of money in Houston, just a shortage of willing people.  Nothing wrong with that either.  

Edited by 24nomo

Really?  

Interesting. What first hand observable data points do you know of people who were circle track racing but now spend money to be an influencer on "tic toc"

Most the folks I know who have disposable income look at the competition for flushing money down the toilet with motorsports have instead selected boats, airplanes, drag cars, off road racing, road racing, exotic cars, etc etc etc.  I can't say I've ever met anyone with the resources to go racing that instead spends money to be a "tic toc" influencer.  Maybe we can solve all the circle track world's problems by studying these ''tic toc'' influencers...

Or maybe the issue is costs are out of control and the ROI on fun for circle track in some these classes folks look at what they're getting out of it with the community they interact with, the time investment, who they're competing against, the venues they can use the equipment they have etc etc etc.

If you want to compare the CARS tour, cool.  How many tracks do they run at?  How many nights a week can you run them?  Clearly that is an apples to apples comparison to the only track within a 7 hour radius you can run equipment at, but that number bumps up to an absolutely incredible and salivating number of 3 if you make the radius 10 hours, and all are at largely destination places everyone wants to drive 20+ hours round trip to such as Mobile Alabama and Montgomery Alabama, booming tourism destinations.

Can also invest a full standard American work week of time for a 50 lap race in Florida/Carolina, also great options.

Seems logical and well thought out, great critique, thanks for making it.

"""Or maybe the issue is costs are out of control and the ROI on fun for circle track""""        

The ROI is only limited to the marketing ability of driver/owner.    If you cant sell, you cant race.   There should be no problem raising 10 or 15 grand a race with marketing partners in Houston.   Noone is entitled to race, you have to earn it.    The only classes left at HMP are the tea cup classes.  And you think the expenses are out of control there?   LOL    The person who loses the jump rope contest always accuses the winner of cheating or that it costs too much to play jump rope and they cant practice.  Sound Familiar?

Edited by 24nomo

On top of that, the challenge is trying to get teams to come to Texas. We used to flock to FL and AL and it was never returned, never had to be they got plenty over there. Money talks I know but I was really sad to see the Mod and Truck counts last weekend. The promoter put out 11 dates in December and this was the return? Pretty sad. But it is what we have to deal with here. 24 you are spot on that the Houston market is for the taking, always has been yet here. The April race had to be moved so now we have a back-to-back. Sure as shit hope to see more participation in the full-body classes.

12 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

The promoter put out 11 dates in December and this was the return? Pretty sad.

This mindset has gotta stop.  Several people spending the money to go race have said it.

Track is open 12 times.  Great.  That's 12 times you're expected to show up.  $2000 every time the trailer gate drops without damage.  That's $24,000 a year.  Nobody wants to go out there and run mid-pack or at the rear and get out spent.  Having a "sealed crate" engine class with 1/2 the dudes running motors they're verbally open are illegal but "approved builder" engines, etc.  But hey, the dudes with full-time crew members are there in the entry level classes all the way up to the late models.  

Help the racers show up, go with proven cost-cutting options.

Or just crucify anyone who points this out.  I never realized how bad I was failing at life until the dudes who weren't actually racing the cars tried to tell all of us actually racing the cars how much it costs to race the cars.  Quite fascinating.  Haven't seen that in any other motorsport I've partaken in which has been quite a few.  Most organizations are able to go "Hmm...if they can't afford to race, we don't have races" even as far as dropping tire sponsors that were contributing $1000 an event, since the racers wanted to run $800 tires that lasted 4-5 races as opposed to $1300 a weekend tire bills. 

But instead the mindset is "you evil people who won't spend $10,000+ a year to race at our track we gave you a place to race!, SPEND THE MONEY!!!"

This is in no way a personal attack on anyone but a point of fact.  Everyone is hesitant / afraid to say anything because they don't want to get socially crucified.  I advocated for them to speak up instead of complaining about it to everyone except the promoter.  I've never seen so many people cry about something, someone says something on their behalf and even gets them to sign off on it since they won't say anything, then ironically, gets alienated. 

An absolutely wild mindset in the community.  

There are over one million people that live within 45 minutes of the track proportionate to each truck that showed up.  If the take rate is literally less than one in a million for the 4th largest metro area in the United States, even under this nonsense Biden administration, it seems logical to me to look into the product being offered that literally, mathematically, less than one person per million is participating in, but that's just me.

Many folks asked for costs to be cut one way or another, and the whole idea got shit on harder than a bedsheet Amber Heard was wrapped up in.

At least 105 is having the Crown Vics out again soon.  I guess that's cool.  It's almost like the Legends and Legacy classes hint that classes without crazy shock costs, crazy engine costs, and crazy tire costs get people interested because it's attainable to them even though 70% of those dudes are very open they wish they were running 1/1 scale cars with V8's.

I don't know why I bother saying anything.  Be awesome to see 15-20 trucks out there.  I had to sell mine because the way it is, between the random rental kids, and tire bills, I can't afford to run 12 races.  Looks like several other folks decided that too, although I'm sure a lot of outbound calls have been made to tell them how badly their presence is wanted next race to folks with trucks, but decisions won't get made to cut costs and mitigate damages.

It was ironic that there was a large discussion about rental-kids who had never been to the track were tearing up stuff, which turned into the people who expressed concern must hate the idea of motorsports growing in any way (wtf?) didn't show up at all, after running off several people in the class who got tired of fixing stuff from the damage.

What a mess. Hope it gets better.  It was sad to see.  

But as stated earlier, the car count for the Legends cars (which all have agreed to run on the same tires) and Legacy cars, which also self police themselves, seem to be thriving.  It's almost like the classes that self police cost cutting and don't let people repeatedly cause wrecks are thriving.  Who would have thought it?

On 3/15/2024 at 10:59 AM, 24nomo said:

If you cant sell, you cant race.   There should be no problem raising 10 or 15 grand a race with marketing partners in Houston.   Noone is entitled to race, you have to earn it.    The only classes left at HMP are the tea cup classes.  

Sorry I'm not familiar with screen names.  Which team do you run?  I know there are a couple guys with stackers, I still don't know who all is who.  But either way,  I know about 20 teams that would love to hire you for all these partners that "There should be no problem raising 10 or 15 grand a race".  I'll give you a 50% commission, and put you in touch with 25 teams.  With 11 races, this should be the easiest $1.3MM you've ever made, and I'd be happy to see you succeed at it!  DM me your deck and proposal, I already know several million/billion dollar companies that would love to hear the marketing ROI on dropping $10k a race, $110k a season at at a facility with a seating capacity of 3,500 that streams to approximately 3,000 people since as you've said, "there should be no problem raising that".

Edited by MikePeters95

Dear Mike Peters,

The costs associated with the "upper" classes in the asphalt short track world have long since been out of reach for the average person.  The only way it will ever be changed is by one person with enough time, desire and ability coming up with a reasonable plan and following that plan through to the bitter end. 

Committees can't do it. Ever seen a committee do anything except waste time and resources?

Promoters can't do it for a lot of short-term financial reasons. Just try confronting well-financed, ego-based teams with reasonable changes to bring about cost-reducing measures.  Ha.  Been there. Done that. 

Racers can't do it.  Racers want what's best for their own team, not what's best for the class.  Racers want to win and therefore push for whatever's in their personal best interest and resist whatever they perceive is not.  Some will even threaten to boycott the track (or actually do it) if they don't get their own way.

Fans can't do it although they do have the power of the ticket money and a voice on the internet.  But, again, most of the time folks advocate for whatever is in their personal best interest and there is no groundswell of folks joining together to bring about lowered costs to racers. 

It is going to take that one person, or maybe a couple of people of like mind, to gather enough power to change the status quo.  

Good luck with that.  I've been down that road a few times and it wasn't much fun and only temporarily, marginally successful.  

Nick

8 hours ago, MikePeters95 said:

But either way,  I know about 20 teams that would love to hire you for all these partners that "There should be no problem raising 10 or 15 grand a race".  I'll give you a 50% commission, and put you in touch with 25 teams.  With 11 races, this should be the easiest $1.3MM you've ever made

There you go, not willing to put in the work?    I dont need a job, It is not my hobby that I am trying to support.  Been there, done that   If you cant sell, you cant race.  EOS

Edited by 24nomo

On 3/15/2024 at 7:53 AM, MikePeters95 said:

Maybe we can solve all the circle track world's problems by studying these ''tic toc'' influencers...

Mike, you might wanna hurry on that idea🤣....They're trying to ban tic-tac, or have it sold to an American company.....Meanwhile, the Chinese continue to be allowed buy up land, farms and businesses🤔......But i digress🤐😉

On 3/14/2024 at 9:39 AM, 24nomo said:

People would rather spend their time and efforts trying to be an influencer on Tic Toc now that building a race car or chasing sponsors.  

I disagree with this statement. Look at drivers like, Rico Abreu, Swindell Speedlab, Tanner Holmes, Ashley Afdahl, Jade Avedisian, Taylor Reimer and there is many more. They are influencers on TikTok, Instagram and Facebook. These drivers are not spending more to be an influencer, they are pulling in more.  Three to four years ago you would never of heard who Tanner Holmes was. Now look at him, dude spent half the season last year running on the World of Outlaws thanks to him being seen on TikTok. He chronicles everything about his racing career and gives behind the scenes video. Ashley Afdahl does the same thing and she is a Micro racer. I follow all of these racers and its neat to see the content they produce. These people are are able to get their product out to thousands of viewers and then sell the product they are pushing. My cousin in law and her husband are both influencers within the Schoolie Community(converted school buses into RV's and homes) I had a in depth conversation with them both in January about this to help promote my sons racing career.  He told me about the financial side that you can obtain from having the followers and the pay you receive from TikTok, Instagram, YouTube. He also told me about how companies will rear out to you and give you product to try and promote. They will give you the discount codes that people can order from them with your code and then you end of receiving something back in return for it. The days of car shows and events like that are going by the wayside and on online marketing has a far greater outreach to the public. 

1 hour ago, rickracer said:

Anyone notice there’s no results from the Outlaws that Mr. Barker won?

It is on race monitor.    It was always there

@ Houston Motorsports Park
3/9/2024 - 3/10/2024
Sorted by Position

RNM Installation Services Outlaws - Feature

Results are not official
1 #17 Robert Barker   Outlaws
Laps Total Time Best Lap Best Time Diff Gap

31 10:02.328 11 00:15.034    

2 #89 Brandon Moeller   Outlaws

31 10:04.231 28 00:15.271 1.903 1.903

3 #88 Brandon Spreen   Outlaws

31 10:04.644 4 00:15.059 2.316 0.413

4 #00 Beau Bukowski   Outlaws

31 10:05.742 5 00:15.138 3.414 1.098

5 #22 Corey Winne   Outlaws

31 10:07.377 3 00:15.413 5.049 1.635

6 #96 Rick Pollaro   Outlaws

31 10:07.687 8 00:15.236 5.359 0.310

7 #99 Allen Alexander   Outlaws

30 10:06.410 5 00:15.411 4.082  

8 #69 Mike Pollaro   Outlaws

30 10:10.095 6 00:15.307 7.767 3.685

9 #8 DL Wilson   Outlaws

2 00:43.285 1 00:18.423

If it was there when I went to search for the results, I missed it.  There were several categories (classes) that made no sense with only one team listed, etc. 

No offence to Mr. Barker.  We go back a long, long way and I have nothing but respect for him.