Eldora Million

I went to bed prior to the A Main. With as much as they tore up in the other races I didn't want to go to bed at midnight. Other than that, I saw some good racing. I was not aware of how fast they could get a torn-up racecar back in action.

For Sprint Cars, especially WoO they can pull down the spare chassis and get it ready really quick. Even the ASCS top guys can do it too. Seems like a lot of plug in and go for those cars, plus Sprint teams are good at helping each other out. When you watch a WoO show and a car comes to the pit, several teams are thrashing to get that car back out.

I attached a video of us from earlier this year swapping our cars out. We ran on a Friday night in our 305 car and then ran Saturday with our ASCS 360. In total it took us about 30 minutes to do the swap but this is condensed down to 2 minutes. We weren't hustling as fast as we needed to because it wasn't a rush. On our mule we have everything we need. Depending on the race we will have a spare front axle that is already assembled with radius rods and wheel attached on the left hand side. The rear axle bird cages are fully assembled with a torsion arm, radius rod and shock.  That way you are literally removing the wheel and three bolts and the assembly comes off in one piece. The front axle when removing is 6 bolts if the shocks are staying on the car. We carry spare nose wings with all the mounts already on them. Same thing goes for the top wing as well. Like I mentioned it really depends on the race as to whether we will carry all of those items ready to go.  When we were chasing points very heavy last year we carried these items. This year we are running where we want so we might have some spare tires but not so much, now if we go to a high paying race then yes we will load it up.  I attached a photo of the interior of our old trailer with the spare in it. 

https://youtu.be/6ZUB89CZEdI

IMG_7681.JPG

IMG_4345.jpg

I thought it was fun to watch even with the dude checking out.  The lapped traffic made it fun to watch everyone cut through it.  The wreck near the end was a bummer taking out a lot of the folks I was interested in.