Not sure if y'all heard ~ CC Speedway

Racing again at C.C. Speedway no matter how small a chance and I realize it's not likely, still is music to my ears better yet it's the rumble of a small block chevy hitting the 8,000 rpm rev limiter. I hate that part of the grandstand is gone but maybe just maybe someone out there with funding could bring the old girl to life again.

7 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

Man I don't know. It'll be work but Owen is one I could see to get it going but she sure looks sad right now. Would need more than some weed eaters. Eviction notice for the neighbor would be a start.

TAKE  alot of work  and money to  get it up and running  safely ../ i bet  alot of electrical  work would need to  be done .who knows how much  was stolen from there .. no i am not counting it could ever happen  .. then u have to deal with the city  .i dont know if  it still has its grandfather claus ..

I aways say:  If someone with unlimited financial resources and a true love of racing were willing to invest without worrying about getting a return on their investment, racetracks can be reborn.

I have been hoping for such an individual for many years. 

I seriously thought I had found that special someone shortly after San Antonio Speedway closed, but he turned out to be "too good to be true."  I still have the outline of the business plan developed for a multi-venue complex on Foster Road in San Antonio. 

And the offer I made so long ago remains on the table:  If that "someone" mentioned above comes forth, I'd be more than willing to join their team.

As a Houston person it's exciting to hear him talk a little.  Very refreshing to hear someone wanting to DO big things and talking about everything big to small.

Edited by MikePeters95

if owen  would have been in the right state  growing up . it would not be a surprise he could be running nascar ............... i dont think  anyone in this state has that much love and tolerance   to put himself through the riggers of promoting  tracks like owen has .. . he breaths racing . look at some of the  young drivers we have now .. i wont name em but least  four i can think of started in go carts just a few years ago and are top compitors now ....  owen  still does the go carts racing shows in between  everything else .. more future drivers ..