It's Coming

arob

I don't think this will end up well for NA$CAR.  It's hard to capture the smell, noise, atmosphere with a camera. Just another step the leadership is taking away from their customer base. 

Can you smell it better with rabbit ears or cable?  I love the streaming..  with my streaming, I put a fuel jug by the couch, take the top off, kick it every now and then, and also put my lawnmower on the back patio and leave it running with the door open.  I feel like I am on pit road man

Edited by 24nomo

I don't understand how what platform it is on really effects people choosing to go to the track or not.

Those are two completely different experiences that don't really compete with one another in my opinion.  You go to the track so you can be AT the event.  You watch it so you can keep tabs on it.  Two totally different experiences.  .02

I think in the chord-cut society we live in streaming platforms will get more viewers.

Agree if you want to be at the track you go. If you don't now you can still intake it. I will say to get people to the track streamlining the show and eliminating downtime and non racing shit is more important than streaming worries. 

Smooth, efficient and entertaining on track shows are a hell of a lot more entertaining than dead time. Dead time, Dead Air.. not good even on the stream. 

That's the ticket Rodney, streamlining the show. Nobody wants to sit through shows that drag on forever. If you look at the really successful operations around the country, they usually have 2 major things in common. Limit the show to no more than 4-5 divisions (4 seems to be the magic number), and that the show is over in about 4 hours. A third thing that helps a lot too, is not having 2-3-4 classes that can't be told apart from one another by the casual observer. Hell, there shouldn't even be any qualifying, except for the highest class of cars, that are running that night. Nobody wants to sit through 2 or more classes qualifying. Qualifying is almost as bad as sitting through packing the track.

Another thing that gets fans mad/bored is having drivers that make the show about them. You know, the ones that prolong cautions after they spun/got spun, just sit there until a caution comes out, or contests a lineup position when they were a straightaway behind the position they're contesting when the caution came out. That's one of the reasons that I love the shows from Stafford Speedway. They will simply park you for the night, or longer should the need arises. If you get out of your car and walk away, they drag it off the track (not gently either), and you'll get a month off to think about it. The funny this is, you'd think that would hurt car counts. It doesn't! Almost all of the drivers, in all the classes respect that the show is for the paying public, and they try very hard to give a good show. Every track can have some stinky shows, there's no avoiding that. But if that's the norm instead of the exception, that's a track that going to have issues with fan and car counts in their near future. 

On 5/23/2023 at 12:58 PM, arob said:

Guess they can't get the TV deal they want, so lets screw over (whats left of)our fan base and suck more money out of them......SCREW THAT!!!!

#addingthatfinalnailtothecoffin

#weneedaracingseriesnotawwegimmickfilledproduction

9 hours ago, rebelracewriter said:

Guess they can't get the TV deal they want, so lets screw over (whats left of)our fan base and suck more money out of them......SCREW THAT!!!!

I am not sure if you are up to speed on accessible fan base, but a quick Google search yielded some pretty clear numbers.

56% of American households have cable.

78% of American households have streaming instead of cable.

If anything, this is servicing more fans.  That's a 22% increase in accessibility for American households.  With a nation of 360 million, that's an increase of nearly 80 million Americans.  I do not understand how modernizing the platform to the times increasing viewership access by nearly 80 million is screwing over anyone based off of these facts.

I am personally excited at the idea that 80Million Americans that aren't currently able to scroll and see NASCAR and either tune in because they want to, or they might be curious, and may end up watching more races than they are now, as everyone wins when more people watch tier 1 oval track racing, and hopefully they get interested enough and their local racers, venue and promoter are doing a good enough job to take some of that interest and bring them to their local track as a fan or potentially turning them into a participant in some way.

Source:
https://www.zippia.com/advice/cord-cutting-statistics/#:~:text=popular than cable.-,56% of Americans say they watch cable or satellite TV,%2C Amazon Prime%2C or Disney%2B.

Edited by MikePeters95

11 hours ago, MikePeters95 said:

I am not sure if you are up to speed on accessible fan base, but a quick Google search yielded some pretty clear numbers.

56% of American households have cable.

78% of American households have streaming instead of cable.

If anything, this is servicing more fans.  That's a 22% increase in accessibility for American households.  With a nation of 360 million, that's an increase of nearly 80 million Americans.  I do not understand how modernizing the platform to the times increasing viewership access by nearly 80 million is screwing over anyone based off of these facts.

Mike, that may be true, BUT, I highly doubt any of them have the shitty internet speed that I have here in the country.....the 500 whateverbits I'm paying for might be 60, on a good day.....So there's that!

Then there's the idiot factor....I'm old school and technology is NOT my thing....To quote Joe Walsh, "I'm an analog man in a digital world."

23 hours ago, rebelracewriter said:

#addingthatfinalnailtothecoffin

#weneedaracingseriesnotawwegimmickfilledproduction

NOT going to get my money ..i wont even rent a movie pay for fight .nothing  .. cable cost to much as it is .. if nascar  moves all racing   over there .. oh well  ..

12 hours ago, rebelracewriter said:

Mike, that may be true, BUT, I highly doubt any of them have the shitty internet speed that I have here in the country.....the 500 whateverbits I'm paying for might be 60, on a good day.....So there's that!

Then there's the idiot factor....I'm old school and technology is NOT my thing....To quote Joe Walsh, "I'm an analog man in a digital world."

Trust me, I get it, but even the rural areas are starting to get up to speed, no pun intended, and with some the other tech coming on soon, Elon Musk's Starlink, soon almost everywhere will have super fast internet.  

If all my friends who work oilfield and on rigs can stream Race on Texas, Amazon and Netflix all day, you probably can too.

10 hours ago, HiTech said:

NOT going to get my money ..i wont even rent a movie pay for fight .nothing  .. cable cost to much as it is .. if nascar  moves all racing   over there .. oh well  ..

We understand cable costs too much, that is why we went to streaming, it is better on the Pocketbooks.   Now we watch Nascar for half the price.   

6 hours ago, 24nomo said:

We understand cable costs too much, that is why we went to streaming, it is better on the Pocketbooks.   Now we watch Nascar for half the price.   

I envision the streaming services to increase the price when they start getting more customers. 

On 5/26/2023 at 2:50 PM, Radical said:

I envision the streaming services to increase the price when they start getting more customers. 

Some of them have tried this, and lost a lot of customers.  The customers still do offer some level of control.