A FEW MONTHS AGO

HiTech

12 hours ago, NickHolt said:

There is still time to donate to this worthwhile project.  If you need contact info for Mike, message me... 

361 .290 .2035.. leave message  or text  if i do not answer   . i am working hard .   STARTED PAINTING THE CAR   weather isnt helping much . but looks like we will get her painted and finished in the next three days ..12 days of none stop working on it .  we are getting just a TAD  worn out . and yes we still need every penney .....i have not been able to get out and sell tickets in that time    to much had to be done and all hands on deck at the shop was needed  though i am not a body man  but  i sure have learned it takes alot  of time to do it right . saturday night racing in corpus was looking good  and we would have done well at the track for the  last time ..  but mother nature put a hurt to that .. il send nick some up date picks tomorow .. one penny  is more than zero and every one counts .. if u cant help that way just send a message  either way .and thanks  nick  ..

Just now, HiTech said:

361 .290 .2035.. leave message  or text  if i do not answer   . i am working hard .   STARTED PAINTING THE CAR   weather isnt helping much . but looks like we will get her painted and finished in the next three days ..12 days of none stop working on it .  we are getting just a TAD  worn out . and yes we still need every penney .....i have not been able to get out and sell tickets in that time    to much had to be done and all hands on deck at the shop was needed  though i am not a body man  but  i sure have learned it takes alot  of time to do it right . saturday night racing in corpus was looking good  and we would have done well at the track for the  last time ..  but mother nature put a hurt to that .. il send nick some up date picks tomorow .. one penny  is more than zero and every one counts .. if u cant help that way just send a message  either way .and thanks  nick  ..

Just checked the mail  RAILS  thank u .. u said it wasnt much  .well what u sent will be spent well  on this running out of time project .. it will help more than u think .....

4 hours ago, rails said:

HT

Your a fine American.

EVERYONE    who has helped proves we have some real fine americans left in this country  folks who come together to help anothers dreams come true  who  want to  help make a change  a life long change from  a small jester in the theme of life written  in  part of a story that can  live on  through  generations after we are gone   . the story  this vets two young children  will  carry on and pass it on seeing and knowing  what we all have done  together  will be priceless ....     i can not  or any of us  put  a price tag on the future ..... ALL we can do  is plant a seed and hope she  grows . somewhere in our life someone planted that seed and its wonder is still alive .. . god blessed each and every one .......... THANK U ALL ...

um.... I think the last pic is of Mike's custom-painted mini bike that had a small run in with his garage wall a while back... 

Please consider helping Mike out with this project.  He has spent a bunch of his own money, time and effort on this worthwhile endeavor. 

7 hours ago, NickHolt said:

um.... I think the last pic is of Mike's custom-painted mini bike that had a small run in with his garage wall a while back... 

Please consider helping Mike out with this project.  He has spent a bunch of his own money, time and effort on this worthwhile endeavor. 

Well  I WAS GOING TO  put the bike up for sale  one i do not ride it much anymore  two  some of the money if  not all was going into this  project  ..   TO EXPLAIN THE  oic somehow  that got in with the  others most likely  because 14 weeks working on this  project and 13 streight  longdays getting this car done ..... sam at the body shop  is just a zombie as i am .. so mistakes will happen like htis ... actually  happend monday night  . i had the bike apart replacing  out to a new fuel tank .all new chains a new  clutch cover a new front tire all new throttle and hand grip system ..new brake handle and some touch up paint ... and replaced the carb  .that is where the this damage came from ..the factory  screwed the idle all the way full throtle  instead of idle . i quess the zombie took over after nine pm  and  missed that adjust ment .. .. sitting in the garrage i decided to make sure every thing was working ,fired that sucker up and away we went i tried to hit the kill switch  but had  not aimed the switch  to where i could hit it from all angels  ..  by the time i did kill it it was to late i hit the wall  . and the  photto shows the damage  ..first time i  have owned  this for  almost 8 years   i wrecked it ,  .not  even a fall on it .. . to say i was mad would be an understatement  ........ many folks know this bike  i do not mistreat it  ...it has served me well ..... the motor has about ten hours on it .. top speed is about 35  , it can go more .. .but all isnt lost sam told  me he can fix the damage  the person  who freehand air brushed my graphics   said he  would fix the   fender  for free ,,  .nice man  .. . funny i turned down 1700 cash when i rode it the first time  after the painting was done ..  .no way do i think it will get thathigh .. when i get it ready again ..for sure tomorrow we will have the project car painted .. we have to the 19th is just a few days away , .. the car will  be at sames ford on ayers at 1pm  the 19 th .evereone is invited to the drawing . and then giving the vet back his keys  and hope it is  a hit  many and  vets and civilians are there to help ..if u can make it please take the to show yur struff  ..... abouy to fall asleep  now good night ..

4 hours ago, HiTech said:

Well  I WAS GOING TO  put the bike up for sale  one i do not ride it much anymore  two  some of the money if  not all was going into this  project  ..   TO EXPLAIN THE  oic somehow  that got in with the  others most likely  because 14 weeks working on this  project and 13 streight  longdays getting this car done ..... sam at the body shop  is just a zombie as i am .. so mistakes will happen like htis ... actually  happend monday night  . i had the bike apart replacing  out to a new fuel tank .all new chains a new  clutch cover a new front tire all new throttle and hand grip system ..new brake handle and some touch up paint ... and replaced the carb  .that is where the this damage came from ..the factory  screwed the idle all the way full throtle  instead of idle . i quess the zombie took over after nine pm  and  missed that adjust ment .. .. sitting in the garrage i decided to make sure every thing was working ,fired that sucker up and away we went i tried to hit the kill switch  but had  not aimed the switch  to where i could hit it from all angels  ..  by the time i did kill it it was to late i hit the wall  . and the  photto shows the damage  ..first time i  have owned  this for  almost 8 years   i wrecked it ,  .not  even a fall on it .. . to say i was mad would be an understatement  ........ many folks know this bike  i do not mistreat it  ...it has served me well ..... the motor has about ten hours on it .. top speed is about 35  , it can go more .. .but all isnt lost sam told  me he can fix the damage  the person  who freehand air brushed my graphics   said he  would fix the   fender  for free ,,  .nice man  .. . funny i turned down 1700 cash when i rode it the first time  after the painting was done ..  .no way do i think it will get thathigh .. when i get it ready again ..for sure tomorrow we will have the project car painted .. we have to the 19th is just a few days away , .. the car will  be at sames ford on ayers at 1pm  the 19 th .evereone is invited to the drawing . and then giving the vet back his keys  and hope it is  a hit  many and  vets and civilians are there to help ..if u can make it please take the to show yur struff  ..... abouy to fall asleep  now good night ..

NICK   have not figured out how to go back and change  a spelling  or a line .. . shoot  i just woke up  and   read the last few lines what the heck did i say 

Thanks but mother nature put a stop  to the painting today . bought another heater tonight  to help warm the area up .. . makeing it harder to finish ..  WE HAVE   alot to put back on that car  plus put the trans back in  once we get it back . but nothing can be done till its painted ..... the big hand on the clock moves slow .but  the little one is  moving much faster  ..we will keep working to finish it   just have to put even  longer hours on it   IN ZONBIE LAND . before saturday // it will make it ... 

7 hours ago, NickHolt said:

More pics from Mike

Resized_20221117_125021.jpg.4044c59ee8906cea31ff256a95a97a5c.jpg

Resized_20221117_125118.jpg.a06176ab4789b4b0ef5696584ade5d72.jpg

Resized_20221117_125302.jpg.610c767ba52dd445e4e2c415ffa7e51e.jpg

JUST GOT HOME  ..we have our work cut out for   friday . got some of the interior back in . still have the front end to put back on .. all of it ..  still waiting  on the trans should have sometime friday another one of those murphy laws deals .. that never ends it seems one of  the   new trans parts was  broken  for this t56  .if we cant  get the new one early friday morn  we will use the old trans   ,,  someone i do not know as of now  has a trans we can  put in it sorta trade deal .. yahoo ..  . then we have to install it ..   u watch all those builders shows foose and all .and  as always they have a thousand things left to do in 15 hours or less .. well that is not fake  lol ..  seems the more we put back on the car the more we have left to do .. .the faster we try to work the slower we go .. .shoot spent 80 bucks just refilling the  propane  tanks to keep the shop warm enough to  paint  ... never seen propane tanks freez up .. then again never emptied one so fast ..  but with all of this we still have our spirits up .sam  his dad and brother have worked long long hours along  with this rookie  no days off .day 17 i think i lost count ..see you at the dealership saturday ..i hope alan can hold the rain off for us .......

Just now, HiTech said:

JUST GOT HOME  ..we have our work cut out for   friday . got some of the interior back in . still have the front end to put back on .. all of it ..  still waiting  on the trans should have sometime friday another one of those murphy laws deals .. that never ends it seems one of  the   new trans parts was  broken  for this t56  .if we cant  get the new one early friday morn  we will use the old trans   ,,  someone i do not know as of now  has a trans we can  put in it sorta trade deal .. yahoo ..  . then we have to install it ..   u watch all those builders shows foose and all .and  as always they have a thousand things left to do in 15 hours or less .. well that is not fake  lol ..  seems the more we put back on the car the more we have left to do .. .the faster we try to work the slower we go .. .shoot spent 80 bucks just refilling the  propane  tanks to keep the shop warm enough to  paint  ... never seen propane tanks freez up .. then again never emptied one so fast ..  but with all of this we still have our spirits up .sam  his dad and brother have worked long long hours along  with this rookie  no days off .day 17 i think i lost count ..see you at the dealership saturday ..i hope alan can hold the rain off for us .......

the yenko on the fender was airbrushed  .this man can do wonders  . freehand looking at a pic ..

21 hours ago, Radical said:

It looks awesome!! You guys have done a very fine job. I apologize for not doing anything. 

THANKS  but no reason  to apoliogize .  i do not take down  numbers  👎of those i know who will not or can not help ............ just not that sort of person  , not doing this for  brownie points ..

3 hours ago, NickHolt said:

How did the day go for y'all?

TIRED   WHY I HAVENT SAID ANYTHING TILL NOW  i// came down to the last minute and a few more  . .. .. the car made it an hour late  but showed up  looking good  ...... ILL TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT  monday night my mind is shot . just  relaxing one day without much thought about the car and what it still needs  .............