A FEW MONTHS AGO

HiTech

I SPOKE ABOUT HELPING A VET .. .. for the last few weeks the repairs have been in motion on his car 2000 camero .. ....   owen has helped  my wife and i alot letting us sell raffle tickets  at his tracks  .  PIT  BOSS TAILGATE  PELLET SMOKER  my wife and i DONATED  as first place . and second place is a 52 quart rtic ice chest and third place   and sames ford donated yeti ice chest .. .... we have not done bad at all but not as good as we need  . this weekend will be the last race for us to attend  ,  .. we have had some great  racers  step up with fans aswell  ..  but still just a alittle short  of the goal we needed  .... .. the one thing setting our tables near the stands is getting to alot of racers ..  makes it hard to get into the pits where we can visit ... so i asking any one who will attend this weekends races in corpus ..  look us up   get some tickets or donate  nothing is to small  ..or just say hello .. . there is to much to type about what is going on . .. .. .. SO ILL SAY THIS  .  for those who have been in combat  know what self isolation is..... 1000 yard stare ..  i. am a cilvilian i can only imagine  and that could be way off ,.  if i never burned my finger  i cant tell u it does not hurt .. i never question a vet i never judge a vet i was not there ..but if i can do one thing   that may help i will . and  this is why  i took this on . along with my wife and a few others .. its been alot of sleepless nights and stress  to make  this happen ..   ONE  catch is  the vet does not know  at what extent  this car is being repaired . that is where the cost comes in ..   ANOTHER  THING  he  does not know  on  NOVEMEBR THE 19TH  AT SAMES FORD   in corpus   starting at 1 pm  we will   be having our drawing  for the  prizes .. and he will then see why he is at  sames .. the car will be there for his to take home along with his two young children and wife ..  .we will have many veterans there  along with civilians  all are invited  ... i hope . i stood in front  of 45 vets  from all the wars   three ww2 vets  .very humbling  to speak to all of them , .   ill send nick some phottos  .. to put on here if he wlll   if u want my number  just ask here and ill get it to u . ...  .. I WANT HIM  TO REALIZE  he has brothers and sisters  outside that  care .. .. 

On 10/29/2022 at 6:24 AM, HiTech said:

THANK U   .. 

my wife and i would love to say thanks to those racers and fans at the last race at texana ... and last night at south texas race ranch . the drivers really stepped up last night  .along with many fans at both tracks .. ........

Going  port lavaca  in the morning . sam and i  have a doner helping us with  the roof parts ...... sam can then fix that rusted area  . the only rust  we really found ,,   i am going to ask the person donating that part if i can announce his name  .i am sure alot of racers knows who he is  .. i will have a list of names when this is over with WHOM  played a  major part ..  NOT TO UNDER CUT   everyone else  i hope  .. rhe car will  be  at sames ford on the 19th  for sure  one way or another .. 

Mike, you are doing most of the heavy lifting. Those that have volunteered to do work for free or for a reduced fee are also doing the heavy lifting. People that are buying raffle tickets and making donations are just the helpers. But the most important thing, is that it is for a worthy cause. You will get to see some of the results of everyone's contributions, and that will be very rewarding. But here's the deal. Most of us never get to see the scope of any work done, when we try and help others. Think of it like this. Drop a small rock into a calm pond or lake. You get to see the rock disappear, and see a few ripples. Rarely does anybody get to see all of the ripples. What I'm trying to say is, you may never know how many people's lives you may affect with that one good deed. So think of it as the good deed that keeps on going. 

I thank you for what you are doing. I also want you to know just how much it is appreciated too. It's inspiring!

1 hour ago, ron.brown11 said:

Mike, you are doing most of the heavy lifting. Those that have volunteered to do work for free or for a reduced fee are also doing the heavy lifting. People that are buying raffle tickets and making donations are just the helpers. But the most important thing, is that it is for a worthy cause. You will get to see some of the results of everyone's contributions, and that will be very rewarding. But here's the deal. Most of us never get to see the scope of any work done, when we try and help others. Think of it like this. Drop a small rock into a calm pond or lake. You get to see the rock disappear, and see a few ripples. Rarely does anybody get to see all of the ripples. What I'm trying to say is, you may never know how many people's lives you may affect with that one good deed. So think of it as the good deed that keeps on going. 

I thank you for what you are doing. I also want you to know just how much it is appreciated too. It's inspiring!

JUST talking to u has been an insperation . u have so much  knowledge that helped more than u could ever know  ALONG  this journey i have found what i hoped was still out there .poeple who care   many who as u say maynot  get to see the scope of what work is done to make this happen and even the outcome ....  .. but i can tell you rest assure  i think of each and everyone who joined US in the quest to help and those who   just say  good luck ..that counts too .. .. i most likely wll not get everythng  done i would like but in no way shape or form will it be a loss  .. its a win win situation ....  AND EVERYONE  PLAYED A PART  made it happen  ...

Mike, that's the great thing about helping people. If you don't try to keep score about what you did, you get a lot more personal satisfaction out of it. You are that kind of person. Some of the best feelings I've ever had, was helping someone that I knew could never "pay me back". Whether that was because of their financial situation, or what ever, those will always be some really great memories of mine. I hope I never lose that appreciation of those feelings. You are a good man for taking on this project, because most wouldn't think of doing it. But without a doubt, you are about to change someone's life. Thank You for what you are doing!!

53 minutes ago, ron.brown11 said:

Mike, that's the great thing about helping people. If you don't try to keep score about what you did, you get a lot more personal satisfaction out of it. You are that kind of person. Some of the best feelings I've ever had, was helping someone that I knew could never "pay me back". Whether that was because of their financial situation, or what ever, those will always be some really great memories of mine. I hope I never lose that appreciation of those feelings. You are a good man for taking on this project, because most wouldn't think of doing it. But without a doubt, you are about to change someone's life. Thank You for what you are doing!!

I HAVE  never thought u owe me if i help u ..i do it becuase i want too u need help ..  my wife  has  said to  me many times u have never met a stranger have u  .no i havent ...my neighbors  call me  to help them and i call them the same . we may play around with u owe me  .but really never keep count unless its buying  breakfast  lol ..fact i have to take pete  to breakfast  at 9 am friday  .. i think i owe him or does he owe me  ... nope i owe him .  😏.

Mike, I know that it wasn't as much as I wish I could have sent, but that's life on a fixed income. But I am still grateful that I can help. Please let me know how the reveal goes. You are helping change a young man's life. I'm praying that this will help him work through the things that his has been through, during his time "down range". You never unsee the things you've seen, you just hope to learn how to navigate them to keep your sanity. Thank You for doing this for him!! 

5 hours ago, ron.brown11 said:

Mike, I know that it wasn't as much as I wish I could have sent, but that's life on a fixed income. But I am still grateful that I can help. Please let me know how the reveal goes. You are helping change a young man's life. I'm praying that this will help him work through the things that his has been through, during his time "down range". You never unsee the things you've seen, you just hope to learn how to navigate them to keep your sanity. Thank You for doing this for him!! 

i am going to ask the wife  if she could record some of it . so i can send  it to u .. .do u have an iphone ..if so i can let  u  watch some of it live .. when he sees the car for the first time or so ..  IT ISNT ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU CAN AFFORD  1 penny or thousands .. its THE  thought and attemp  that makes the differents that means alot ...  U SENTway more than expected and every penny of  it helped alot . even if u did not send anything  would not matter knowing  u are backing our quest with best wishes   does not have to take alot  to move a mountain .. and a mountian i want to move .. just takes some time  an we may never know just   how much it helped  him and his family  .just like i cant say enough thanks  to all our vets  . . those who have read  all of this and not spoke up . i hear u .. but know  someone is out there who can help .. who cares to do so .. 

I do have an iPhone Mike. Please don't worry about sending me anything as it's going on. That young family deserves all of the attention that day. Just know that I am grateful that you want to do that for me. That in its self is more than enough for me. But this day will be about them, and what you have undertaken to make this happen. Thank You Mike McCain!!

8 hours ago, ron.brown11 said:

I do have an iPhone Mike. Please don't worry about sending me anything as it's going on. That young family deserves all of the attention that day. Just know that I am grateful that you want to do that for me. That in its self is more than enough for me. But this day will be about them, and what you have undertaken to make this happen. Thank You Mike McCain!!

THANK U AND YOU ARE WELCOMED ... FINALLY   sprayed some paint on it  .. hope to have the base on before the weather gets bad ,.. 

14 hours ago, NickHolt said:

Today is Veteran's Day.  What better day to chip in and help Mike help this worthy veteran?  Please chip in with some much needed funds to help finish this fantastic project.

Thanks

THANK U NICK  we are almost  there almost done   .still incuring some cost  and running low   but wil not keep the car from being finished on time .. sam and  i have put on 7 days of long hours  very long hours  in a roll and starting to see the  fruits of our labor  .when u change the color of a car  from red to blue i forgot u have  to also  paint the inside  to match .. . so its stripped down .oh joy the fun of finding every bolt for every panel  and body parts .  the painting will be finished  by sunday  i hope  least the main part we have a person coming over to free hand air brushing  some things on the car   we want , then  new tinted window film  going on ..  then graphics  all at lower cost if not free ... and the final  part  THE TRANS MISSION  will finish it off by ffriday the 18th if not sooner .just waiting  for some parts  to repair it.........  i hope the weather is good  next saturday we want everyone to show up  for the drawing and giving the car back to the vet and his family ..and  i know many vets will be there  ..   the vets wife saw the car today   it was all over the shop lol .. first time she has seen anything  done to it i do not send her photos and we do not talk much .. something can slip up  ..  THIS CAR IS SMALL TO MANY   its just a car  ...that car can be the gateway  he needs to carry on and move forward ..  JUST a smile that wont turn into a frown when the lights are out and he is alone ////

i will add nick three fine folks have sent donations . from here . ron brown and rails and  someone ill keep silent at this moment  .many of the racers have steped in buying the tickets or donating . many fans  and many military vets have donated or purchased tickets   .Three brothers from port lavaca  let sam and i  go  UP and cut  a section off the roof. the  section  u see being wielded  on in the picture took a year to find someone  who would let us do so .. they have two cameros and one firebird  and we can still go back  if needed  and take what ever we need including loading a whole car up  if so .... anyone who has taken on a  task like this knows even with alot of help and many cases no labor charge  or cut rates  it  still cost and finishing touches  still cost . we didnt expect to go this far  .but it was needed .no different than fixing anythng else with   hiden surprises or restructuring of  what your intent was , like changing a faucet  finding the pipeing is junk .............  7 days from now  which will  only feel like 7 hours  in crunch time  mode  we will present the car .. it  it was only 7 weeks  ago  when we finally  got started on the major project  and it feels like   only  7 hours,,, mother  time goes by that fast . the big minute  arm on the clock moves slow its that little  one second arm  spinning  u have to pay attention too .. it does not slow down . WE ARE JUST SO THANKFULL  FOR WHAT WE HAVE RECIEVED A for  the pat on the backs we recieve  the thank yous  from many vets  and  families  the go for it attitudes  we  recieve  and some looks  when its said  the veteran  still does not know  just how far his dream is heading .....its all about one change we hope will be many more ..... ALL WE CAN DO IS HOPE  , DOING NOTHING WAS UNACCEPTABLE TO ME  .