we need a little assurance

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the end Saturday is a huge competition to draw the car count. Yes some will have issues and sorry for that.

We at Shady Oaks want you to come and compete and put a great show on for the fans but as a business man we all have to make choices and making racing available to the best of our abilities and try to make it so the track can support itself with sponsors, car count,and fans.

More to come but plan on packing the stands and building the car count so drivers have the rest of the weekend to make other races....time to work with other tracks to benefit one another, racers, and fans alike. I got it I will not fancy everyone's desire, but I guarentee one thing we will put on a hell of a show, take care of our fans, and most importantly make racing fun for those that come.

Appreciate all the support and give us a try before getting uptight.. Give me a call if you need to.

Race on racers and visit us soon.......Rob....SOS manager

Well let them try.Their main source for fans is Victoria which is only 30 minutes or so away. Victoria has to be worked hard for fan base for SOS to succeed no matter what night they run.Racers are not the problem there,fan count is.Radio,tv and newspapers do a lot but when people see the cars at a sponsors shop or whatever and get to talk to drivers and crew that brings it close.A lot cheaper too.Jus sayin.

I think the Friday night change will be good in the long run. It make a while to build fan count and car counts back up. With Imca sanction will help mod counts I think. And it will be the first time since 2000 a driver from south Texas area could run for an Imca national champion!!

I remember being a kid Back when Texas dirt speedway (San Antonio) ran Friday nights the corpus, rio grande, Houston and Austin cars would show up on Friday!! And then would race somewhere else Saturday night.

Here's some suggestions Rob:

1. Less than a 3 hour show 8-11 pm

2. Hire a good announcer! To get the crowd excited!

3. Posters at local businesses advertising the next race!

4. Test and tunes durring the week or on a Sunday. Nothing worse for a show than a car that keeps spinning out causing yellow flags, then that driver get mad / frustrated with racing sells his car and the track loses a car. also drivers can be more competive which puts on a better show.

5. Keep the track wide, cut the Infeild in more if needed! Nothing more exciting for the fans to see cars 3-4 wide in the corners and be able to exit the corner and still be like that. You can't really do that now cause the straights are too narrow!

Advertise, a good enthusiastic announcer that the fans can hear, sale stuff the kids will tell their parents to buy them like shirts, glow sticks and toy race cars and may try cooking burgers on an open grill outside so fans can see and smell! There is a lot that can be done to help, but this is what I am told all the time by the spectators.

Some has talked about lighting on track need more lights. Keep up teching cars only find somethings no 2nd chances,need to be gone by 11:00 pm make sure season is over by time highschool football starts,back in the day kids foot race drew crowd give the kids trophy for winning foot race and or money before end of night they gonna spend it at concession stands have good snack menu...

Football starts mid sept. You have 6 months of racing til that happens so don't worry about it.

if you get down to it sports is year round with select sports,softball,football,baseball, etc. i have friends that has kids in sports year round so tring to dodge sports isnt gonna work i think everyone should see if friday night gonna work....help support track...

Some has talked about lighting on track need more lights. Keep up teching cars only find somethings no 2nd chances,need to be gone by 11:00 pm make sure season is over by time highschool football starts,back in the day kids foot race drew crowd give the kids trophy for winning foot race and or money before end of night they gonna spend it at concession stands have good snack menu...

Footraces+++ I did not miss a race as a kids bc i wanted that trophy and got it.lol!!!

Lights please...very hard to see

Also what about a trophies for the drivers...stickers eventually fade away.

Archived