we need a little assurance

There has been an abundance of talk going around that there isn't going to be a 2016 season . I am currently rebuilding 3 cars for next year . Could the track officials give us some assurance that this is all BS ? Now is the time we all spend a lot of money , on our cars and it would be terrible if there wasn't a place to use them .. Also with the combination of Classics and Street Stock , we are in desperate need of a printed set of rules.. Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lots of speculation and talk all i know i asked several times during season and 2016 was a go...would be racing 2016......i hope so i think 2016 could be best year for track with little tweaking i do know its not a good idea to let someone run track for you if they have no money interest in track!!!!

We all want to see this track succeed.But without getting fans in the stands SOS will not meet its full potential.This track has to be marketed all over Victoria.Marketing just Goliad ain't gonna get it done.Check with the mall and other high traffic stores to put some cars on display.Every week or every other at least.I bet a lot of people in Victoria don't know this track is running.If they did they would be there.The product at SOS is good,especially the Pure Stocks and Limited Modifieds.I feel aggressively working Victoria is the key to SOS survival.Once they see what SOS has to offer the rest will take care of its self.

We all want to see this track succeed.But without getting fans in the stands SOS will not meet its full potential.This track has to be marketed all over Victoria.Marketing just Goliad ain't gonna get it done.Check with the mall and other high traffic stores to put some cars on display.Every week or every other at least.I bet a lot of people in Victoria don't know this track is running.If they did they would be there.The product at SOS is good,especially the Pure Stocks and Limited Modifieds.I feel aggressively working Victoria is the key to SOS survival.Once they see what SOS has to offer the rest will take care of its self.

You maybe on to something, last year we took our cars to Yorktown and Cuero parades, this past year we didn't. But I think some car shows and Victoria Parade, with the proper banner along with the car's. I don't know what SOS does to advertise, other than Facebook, Billboard's, and radio spots. I am in no way complaining about the track, just thinking out loud so to speak, to see what I might be able to do to help get the word out. I know I've had a lot of people approach me, at the filling station while having my car loaded, and they ask where we race? There are still a huge amount of people that doesn't know about SOS. I have always jokingly said if you want something to be noticed, you need GARY MOSES to like it. That man draw's a crowd!!

Come on guys and gals I know they're allot of people out there with some good idea's, let's hear them.

I mentioned car show because it usually doesn't cost anything plus the best salesmen/ladies are the drivers themselves.Any time a fan can connect with a player/driver it can make kinda personal to them when they go to the game/races. Get your young drivers,older drivers and female drivers at each show /event. That way you cover all the groups. Put the kids in the drivers seat and talk it up with the parents while they sit in the car.Where else can parents take their kids out for free(assuming 12 and under is still free). I guess before you can do all this better find out if there is a 2016 season.

You maybe on to something, last year we took our cars to Yorktown and Cuero parades, this past year we didn't. But I think some car shows and Victoria Parade, with the proper banner along with the car's. I don't know what SOS does to advertise, other than Facebook, Billboard's, and radio spots. I am in no way complaining about the track, just thinking out loud so to speak, to see what I might be able to do to help get the word out. I know I've had a lot of people approach me, at the filling station while having my car loaded, and they ask where we race? There are still a huge amount of people that doesn't know about SOS. I have always jokingly said if you want something to be noticed, you need GARY MOSES to like it. That man draw's a crowd!!

Come on guys and gals I know they're allot of people out there with some good idea's, let's hear them.

Hmmmm Gary Moses I could see that making a big impact.

Saw this on Facebook...

Shady Oaks proudly wants to announce that in 2016 there will be racing action. With that we announce that the track will be under new management and we have a new Public Relations person. Track manager now is Rob Sanderson from Sanderson Motorsports, and Public Relations and advertising is John Villanueva. Any business with the track will be handled as of this post with the new track manager Rob and any advertising or public relations will be referred to John. The Stacey family will be at the track and well involved in continuing to make it a great place to race.

Immediate attention is getting advertising and sponsors together to have a great start with the 2016 season. All drivers and team owners know someone who may be interested in keeping our track growing please refer them to John at 210 859-4918 or Rob at 210-632-7825.

We will be racing on FRIDAY Nights, first heat at 8pm. Schedule will be out early December.

Planned classes are as following:

IMCA Modified

IMCA Southern Sport modified ****currently getting IMCA sanction paperwork completed and processed, IMCA rules for mod classes

Modlites/Dwarfs ***rules will be out soon

Street stocks ****trucks and classics will be combined with street stocks this year and rules will be out soon

Pure stocks **** rules will be same under review for clarity

All non IMCA class rules are being reviewed for clarity and competition equality for combined classes. All will be posted ASAP!

Promote your business with signage at Shady Oaks Speedway, share with sponsors. Let's grow together

It’s going to be a great racing season in 2016!

I will probably be in the minority on this, but I see the Friday night aspect for business alignment connected with the sanctioning they are pursuing as a positive. For me personally, I feel a Friday night will actually free me up more for the rest of the weekend and I think I will enjoy this strategy. I will now have Saturday free to do other chores or consider leaving the car on the trailer and hitting a Saturday night track also. I am at least ready to see how it works out and giving it a try. And, even more ready for those classic/truck/street rules so we can fix a broke motor! And, I'm like Dubblockerii, "better than not being operational at all".

Archived