Let's race

I think the track did everything they could to make the show. I personally thank the Stacie family and the track workers for there efforts. The rain came and got to the point you could not safely put cars on the track. As far as payouts go you are never going to make everyone happy.

I think the track did everything they could to make the show. I personally thank the Stacie family and the track workers for there efforts. The rain came and got to the point you could not safely put cars on the track. As far as payouts go you are never going to make everyone happy.

how much of the race did they get to run? and is it off for good or they gonna try another day?

Program completed Cooter. Completed all of the A-Qualifiers and it was light raining but wouldn't stop and the track went to ice. It wasn't letting up. A-Main for classics / streets was on track but they were pulled off as it was going to be a disaster. Racers were paid out on where they placed in the A-Qualifier, so no make-up. That was best decision to render as everyone who competed, was paid and they did the best with a bad situation. I specifically broke a timing chain in hot laps, so became a spectator for the night. Always some very happy and always some very unhappy.

As usual with racers (I've been guilty of it as well,,,, maybe once...lol), pre-juvenile mental functioning engages when something doesn't go their way on the track or if they feel confused due to audibles having to be called during the program by the decision makers on the number of events and the temper tantrums start. Of course in all competitive things, this is normal (I still say when we had our son in little league baseball the parents tantrums would make racers pale in comparison).

Not a great turnout, given many competitors not even being able to depart certain areas due to weather and the threat of more weather issues kept many home. Even knowing that, SOS remained committed to the event and gave it all they had. Hats off to the dedication. However, Pures had around 24 and their races were fun to watch throughout. As an observer, with the lower car counts, it may could have been considered squeezing down the program earlier, but then everyone is there, and fans (if it had not had started raining), believe the trick or treat the drivers will be later in the evening and they would come out later. It is soooooo easy to arm-chair and second guess decisions, but no one wants to put their personal money out there placing it at risk to likely go in the red routinely, and run a track.... Just remember, if you have a lot of friends and feel like you need to thin those out, open a race track.

Thanks for the report Monty, wish I could've been there, but already had plans. Yes as a racer, i too have not always been happy at the track, but we have to respect the track and believe they are doing there very best to try and put on a show. Can't control mother nature and she has really put everyone to the test this season. Let's all get our car's ready for next season, oh lets not forget the bib race in Corpus next weekend, maybe they can borrow that HALO you said S.O.S. had! LOL good luck to everyone who races at that big event.

I hate to hear the show did not go as well as everyone had hoped. Keith and his family have went above and beyond this year as far as I could tell.

Remember, SOS stepped up no with no notice or planning and took the USMTS show in February when it was going to be totally lost in South Texas.

They realized that the Halloween Havoc was important to the track, the fans and the racers. They made a good decision to cancel last week and did everything possible to get the show in this week. There are more "promoters" than I can count that would have cancelled the show completely without explanation or apology.

Racers have to be careful, there are far more tracks closing than opening. I wasn't there and don't claim to know any details. We wanted to make it but had prior trip planned for this weekend.

I know when you turn against a group that has done a great deal to provide a nice and consistent place to race at much personal sacrifice, it will only bring division and cause them to rethink the decision of whether this is all worth it.

Everyone would be really pissed if they decided they enjoyed fishing and family time more than the thankless job of operating a racetrack. It's ok to be pissed, be pissed at the root cause of all this.....RAIN!!!

For the very few who are considering bashing the track on here, forget it. I'm not having it.

And for those of you who feel compelled to bash the track on Facebook, well, it's your choice. But more and more of your fellow racers have come to the realization that bashing tracks is not the solution to any perceived issues. Instead, helping the track with your time, talent and money is the way to make things better for the Texas stock car racing community.

Frankly, no one wants to hear how badly the track treated you. Grow up.

Nick

I was one of the racers there, and I greatly appreciate the track trying everything they can to race the Halloween Havoc. Everyone that was mad at the track should be ashamed of themselves. The Stacie's like wanted to cancel there show just for the hell of it and loose money, ya right Mother Nature did. We were extremely luck to even race Heat races and A qualifiers and even get paid for A qualifier positions.

Thank you for everything Stacie Family!!!!!

If you could see the behind the scenes effort the Stacy family puts in the track you would realize how much they love this sport and this track. They spend hours each week just to give us a place to play. We should be thanking them instead of trying to find something they did wrong . I just want to thank them for doing what they do .

Archived