May 9th Recap

As I sit here at work reflecting on this weeks races I thought I would share a few items.

First- the support from the racing community was tremendous. 113 cars is wonderful. I cannot thank each of you for your support and positivity. It is showing.

Secondly- we had the biggest crowd we can ever remember having. That's because each of you spread the word and provide a great racing experience. We literally had no place to park anyone else.

Third- We put a little two much water on the track. We will back it down a little.

Fourth- Not every call we made was the right one. Overall though this is getting much better.

Fifth- The Go-Karts had a great show. Its great to see so many young ones out their.

Sixth- The sound system needs repair. (My biggest Priority)

Seventh- Drivers have to start using the raceceiver- As a person watching in the stands it is taking way to long to get the drivers lined up. From now on we are going to only tell the drivers over the radio. No more hand directing. If a driver refuses to get in his spot he will be scored last on his lap. Everyone must have a raceceiver.

Eighth- We were over just past midnight. I need this to be 11pm. If we water a little less and spend less time getting cars lined up this can and will happen!

Thank you again for your support. I will continue to work with you to make STS the best race track in Texas.

Ken Hobbs

It was a good night from this fans point of view.Given every class ran and the extra for Chief Simpson(well done BTW) 12 wasn't bad.Don't feel bad about the water on the track.When you have 30-40MPH winds you figure it would dry up quick.This has happened a few times before.The great thing about was the racers adjusted so well there was some great racing out there.This shows how good this group is.I just hope we can get the sportmods back up to20+ again.No doubt you guys are moving in the right direction.Keep up the good work!

id say radio check everyone going out onto the track for their race .show of hand as they pass the flagstand before green . .gives you a better ideal if folks can hear you .radio checks are done in tps at every race when we line up ..its different i know in the line system tps has they have more time but this will give you an ideal if you are heard .after that its the drivers problem if every thing else is working and most drivers show their hand ..least till you are sure it is working correctly .a driver who cant hear cuz of a problem with the tracks system should not be penalized .....

GLAD TO SEE THE TRACK GOT TO PUT ON A SHOW ..

my raceciever was working just fine, believe me it was working good....I heard exactly what the lady told me...

the track prep was great like Arob said can't tell when its blowing 45 mph what its gonna do, that's why its dirt racing and everyone has the same surface to race on... great job!

back to racecievers I believe everyone should have one and have to use it...we were told they would be mandatory but lots of people don't use them . very frustrating to be using one and never hear anyone from the track communicating ..CORRECTLY....they are a very good tool but need to be used and used correctly anyone who's ever raced with USMTS knows what I'm talking about. We are not using them properly now. ok rant over thanks again for giving us a place to race

Chuck,

We are working on this. We have a issue ourselves. Three people can talk on the raceceivers. Tedd, Lori and Myself. The hard part is the way ours works is we have to change from the track channel to the raceceiver channel. This makes it difficult to react as fast as we would like and get all the info. I was sitting in the stands listening to the track channel then switching to the raceceiver channel to listen to what was being said.

We are working on it.

Ken Hobbs

my two cents worth for helping the show move along, in almost every single spin, the car that spun sat and waited for the caution. Many tracks that I have raced or spectated at have cracked down on this with judicious use of the black flag, there are legitimate reasons for not getting back underway immediately, but I didn't many of those sat night.

Archived