HMP, Went to a fight and a truck race broke out.

legfixr

Nick, glad to hear the people who took it too far were punished. Everything else is racing and happens at every track including the big boys, Cale, Dale, Kyle, Bobby, Jeff, etc. ....

See you all in a week, got to go and put loc tight on my jack handle bolt......lol

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the video at 10:44ish top left corner you'll see two guys in blue going after a jack handle to bring in.

I didn't notice that before, but you are 100% correct. The guy in the blue shirt did bring a jack handle to that skirmish as well as the other fellow.

Nick

I have to say this discipline is so one sided.The 96 crew stayed in their pits.The 51 crew left their pits to go to the 96 pit because Pollaro threw what looked like a GLOVE! Looks to me the 96 crew got penalized for receiving. Just curious.Has the 51 crew always been that big in numbers?

The jackhandle is the only readily available defensive weapon in the pits....hmmmm if i was a young man all of 150lbs soaking wet and a bunch of 6ft plus fat assess were coming to bump their gums your damn right im gonna get grab the jake handle.....i aint a lawyer nor do i play one on tv but even judge judy can see that the young man in question was only guilty of self defense.

i guess obama has to get involved or maybe that Zimmerman guy.....

Btw there is more violence in a tom and jerry episode then what happened at hmp last saturday. Im sure the women and children will not be scared for life (hell all studies show women are more attracted to the bad boy types anyway)....95% of todays fans come for the crashes the man vs man vs machine.....all this titty babby pc crap is what has ruined racing......hmmm males have been fighting since there was 2 of us......oh my gosh you mean somebody showed emotions in 100 degree heat while they had huge amounts of adrenal pumping through there vains should we practice the amish ways and not show any emotions in public ever for fear of being shunned???.....nascar,usac,irl,imsa,dirt,woo or any superspeedway, short track or road course, made from clay, asphalt, bricks or wood....whether its Wednesday, thursday,Friday, Saturday or sunday, emotions will run high and somebody may get mad......and somebody might crash somebody and somebody might punch somebody in the nose and somebody might get bopped in the head with a jack handle or a clump of mud or a lug wrench or a 1/2 in drive extra long extension....so what!!! grow a set, and or leave your helmet on!!!!!!!! No one should be fined no one should be suspensed etc.....get over it and go to the next race or take your toys stomp off the play ground and go home.....lynn hardy jr

Well, Lynn, put me down as a "titty baby pc crap," because bringing any weapon to a pit fight is not acceptable.

Likewise, spectators coming out of the stands and crossing the track during an event has never been acceptable anywhere.

Nick

That wasnt a spectator that was the FATHER! I'm sure if your kid was getting "jumped" and he was alone you wouldn't hesitate to run down there!

Yep, I probably would. But I would also expect to get suspended for doing so.

Nick

yes and from speer ence i also expect to be dqed for emotional based "judgement" calls that only one person has ever been dqed for and have personally witnessed many many other "drivers" do the exact same "infraction" yet ive never seen anyone else dqed for the exact same "infraction"

this is an emotional sport in a matter of 5 laps you can experience nearly every human emotion...from the driver the crews the family members the fans and the officals....

if said crew member in question was in a parking lot of a gas station or on the side of the road and had 5 to 10 people came accosting him or had a person physically put his hands on him he would have every right to pull a weapon and defend himself period the end!!! at the point where a man that had a huge height a weight advantage over that "crew" member had reasonable right to "fear" for his safety. btw i think that skinny ass kid held his own and i would have his back anytime he ever needed it and i was around.

its all good i was 15yrs old at the dirt track when some big ass corn feed dudes come up wanting to fight the driver and the crew for the car i was helping only problem i was the only crew....i knocked that 300 lbs big sumbitch to his knees when he tried to take a swing at me....my weapon of choice a STEEL jack handle.....we all be came friends after that cause that dude was so impressed i stood up to him....

That wasnt a spectator that was the FATHER! I'm sure if your kid was getting "jumped" and he was alone you wouldn't hesitate to run down there!

Yep, I probably would. But I would also expect to get suspended for doing so.

Nick

yeppers i agree ...and take the punishment with dignity ...wow that's a first /

First off, I can understand why the 96 driver was upset, clearly got turned then put in the back. Maybe turning the guy that took you out wast the right way to handle it but one that you could see coming. Also, the 96 driver threw something so soft it fluttered in the air and got nowhere near the 51 truck then started to retreat to his truck when several green shirts and other drivers it seemed walked across the pits to confront the 96 and his one crew member. Damn right if that was me I'd grab something too. Maybe not the best idea but self-preservation. I can see the suspensions for the weapon and the guy leaving the stands but can't understand why the aggressors and the ones escalating went unpunished so far. But that's all I will say about that.

As for the, if you don't drive here, stay out of it idea, I respectfully disagree with you sir. I hold no personal ill will towards anyone involved in this skirmish but it is stuff like this that would keep me away from HMO. The thing getting lost in this is the fact it was a good race. Saw one post praising the top two trucks and really those top 3 in the final 5 laps did a hell of a job racing hard and clean for a win without taking each other out. Nice bump and run for the win but wasn't cheap and didn't tear anyone up. Anyways, hope the rest of the season goes well for everyone.

I agree if you see 8+people coming at you a jack handle isn't a bad idea. And I agree inconsistancy on calls can be a problem too.I am stumped why the 51 wasn't sent to the back for example.It is also a mystery why the two red pants and no one from the 51 crew was not disciplined.

Everyone should watch the video and skip the fight. The racing was pretty damn good.

Finishing 6th in the same condition as I and my truck started the race seemed to be a real accomplishment Sat.

Guess all is done now, and all has said there piece.

As always a great FORUM, and so many different views. I really do like these.

Archived