An Important Message to all San Antonio Speedway Supporters

debwill

I count 26 LM that have raced in texas and only 5 or 6 have raced both SAS and CTS. I know a couple dont have crates and I think maybe some weight issues, but it's always best to here it from the cars directly. So what is the late model concerns? Is it rules or cost or too scary or what? Maybe someone could take the lead( who has a late model) and ask all the car owners what the deal is and pass it along to chris. He seems like a pretty smart and resonable guy, maybe yall can figure out something.

trucks an mods seems consistant with CTS so Im guessing the majority of them are from HMP area and not everyone likes or can travel. Heck I never like to go an hour and 15 to kyle.

(hmmm I'll drive the race car till she runs out of gas but drive the hauler over 30 min...forget about it...go figure)

Also unfortunatly I have heard of at least 4 cars that are being built but now guys are wondering if they should stop. I say dont stop. If we continue to put cars on the track it makes it stronger. If we all stop to wait and see what happens it just goes bad from there. I wasnt sure SAS would be more than one race so I wouldnt put any money to change it over to the right gear and blew my motor which set me out these last 2 races. If I would have been confident it was gonna be here this year I would have changed gears and probably made the last 2 races. I also know of 1 wanting to buy a car that has decided to wait. Buy the car, build the car, fix the car. Let's put em on the track. It will be here next year if we do.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I count 26 LM that have raced in texas and only 5 or 6 have raced both SAS and CTS. I know a couple dont have crates and I think maybe some weight issues, but it's always best to here it from the cars directly. So what is the late model concerns? Is it rules or cost or too scary or what? Maybe someone could take the lead( who has a late model) and ask all the car owners what the deal is and pass it along to chris. He seems like a pretty smart and resonable guy, maybe yall can figure out something.

My car was not ready for the first race of the season (no motor). I was there for the rain out but could not make it back for the reschedule. Found several unexpected problems with it after the preceding CTS race. Just ran out of time and $$$ to get it ready. I couldnt see going to SAS (much faster track than CTS) and risk wadding it up. But I plan on making the next one.

As for Chris, I have gone to him several times about potential tech issues and he has ALWAYS worked something out with me so I can race. No complaints here

I must agree if there is a question.. hit www.sa-speedway.com and ask Chris what needs to be done to get you on the track. You won't have to rebuild to come race. There is a true effort between all the race tracks to make it possible to race in multiple places. We've wanted this for a long time. Send an e mail or make a call and figure out how we can get you on the race track.

• 4 weeks later...
Where the hell are all these guys that said if SAS opened, they would be there? Damn keyboard racers.

ALL I KNOW IS I DONT REALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO BRING TWO CARS ONE IS HARD ENOUGH ..SO I AM BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL ON THE SIDE TO EARN IT AND WE WILL BE THERE WITH BOTH TIRED AS HECK ....ALONG WITH 3 TO 4 OTHER CARS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN TO SA THIS YEAR .. TERMITE 99 / KEYBOARD RACERS FINISH LAST EVERY TIME .

Brad,

We have a ProMod - that's the good news. The bad news - it's not raceable. Just got it back from Swenson for updates, and the motor is at Derry's being built (sold the crate and going to built motor). To top it all off, Jason is working 60 - 70 hrs/wk, so the last thing on his mind is racing.

Rusty

Where the hell are all these guys that said if SAS opened, they would be there? Damn keyboard racers.

Im one of the guys who said I would be there. But before u label someone a keyboard racer, maybe you should consider, "life" happens. I've personally been hit with over $12000 dollars in medical bills im trying to recover from. As well as loved ones being diagnosed with cancer. Im sure others have there own reasons for not making it. I've gone to every race since s.a.s has reopened and spent more than $100 everytime as well as help what drivers I could with what I could. So I do support the track. Am currently working on my streetstock to make it out as soon as I can afford it. Untill then I dont care if it pisses off the president, I refuse to let down my family to make someone I dont know happy. Just saying. Dont be so quick to judge.

Brad,

We have a ProMod - that's the good news. The bad news - it's not raceable. Just got it back from Swenson for updates, and the motor is at Derry's being built (sold the crate and going to built motor). To top it all off, Jason is working 60 - 70 hrs/wk, so the last thing on his mind is racing.

Rusty

I gotcha.

Hopefully something changes across the board but the race is fast approaching.

I heard you broke a finger nail golfing so your setting out the rest of the season and have a fill in driver. At least thats what I read on TMZ's website.

When I race people say I should take up something else like golf, but when I golf people tell me I should take up racing, I guess I'm no good at either.

When I race people say I should take up something else like golf, but when I golf people tell me I should take up racing, I guess I'm no good at either.

Keep in mind the people at the golf course haven't seen you race in so long that they have forgotten or they had on beer goggles. There's always something else you could try like Tennis. I've got a brand new ping pong racket given to me by a fill in driver if you need to use it.

I thought he was gonna take up the new Olympic sport of fire extinguisher evading?! He might be the only competitor but at least he'd win something! Lol.........................

[ NOW FROM THE REAL HITECH ]

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE HITECH THAT WAS A GOOD ONE TO POST . SURE WISHED I COULD HAVE THOUGHT OF IT .......

NOW ANSWER THIS QUESTION ..DID MY SON MAKE A MISTAKE AND USE MY NAME HERE ........WHO COULD BE THE IMPOSTER ...

Archived