NASCAR Super Stocks

Hey guys & gals just wanted to ask fellow drivers to bring your cars out July 27th and race with us @ CTS. I understand some cars are out of commision and understand. My #22 is one of them. But I do know there are many cars that are ready to go and can make the show. I really was bummed out the last race to see we had just one. I told track personel that I think the class had been headed to the bottom and last race we bottomed out.

Just like anything a resurgence can happen and I know with all of the great drivers and teams that have these cars we can build this class back and I told them that we would. Help me keep this class alive folks. I will not get on LSSZ and make lots of promises of what we will do at CTS but I will promise you this.

1. We will treat your fair if you are 1st or if you are 15th. Same treatment if you show up in an 18 wheeler or a flat bed trailer.

2. We will appreciate you spending your hard earned money and resources for the great fans.. and we will come thank you for coming to race.

3. We will pay you a nice purse as advertised.

For many years we have all asked for the scenario we have. Like rules among tracks that will be enforced across the board everywhere they are in place. Trust me I know it takes bunches and travel is a factor but we all do this because of our love for the sport and you don't have to come all weekend. Just come out Saturday and we will give you plenty of practice time.

Any race there will always be just one winner but getting a car to the track and competing is victory these days. Ask some of our regular attendees in the other divisions, we really have a nice deal happening here.

There will be a big audience at CTS on Saturday to watch the events so that even adds to the pie. Great opportunity to brand or re-brand yourself and your teams.

So I ask if you have not raced with us for a reason in the past please put that behind you and let's start moving forward together. If you have never tried us, give us a shot. I have faith in our class and I ask you all help me keep it alive for all of us.

I look forward to seeing lots of my racing buddies and meeting new folks.

Respectfully,

Rodney Rodriguez

CTS Race Announcer & Racing Car Driver

pluss the incentive offer made by ss motorsports for every super stock that shows up will get a free jug of racing fuel , 6-9 cars drawing for , for 1 tire , 10 or more cars a whole set of tires , not sure if I.got that info all correct but that was mentioned at SAS drivers meeting..I hope to see the super stocks there for my first trip to cts

Don't let a transponder stop you from racing folks. We will have some to rent or maybe share one with someone in another class. CTS will work with you to get you able to race. We listen, our teams are what will make us better and we have already improved leaps and bounds from day 1. Our staff has had to learn how to produce and manage an entertainment program really fast and they have done an exceptional job. You guys and gals are entertainers, people pay money to come watch you and you all should be treated accordingly. Come race for me and stick around to have a beer and listen to some great music!

This goes for mini stock, grand stocks also... Proving ground classes. I say it often.. The late models and mods and truck are kick butt!! We all love them but man those Saturday night warriors in the stock classes... We have no show without you guys and gals!!! Bring those cars out!!

Outlaw22 let me put this another way.

First off I am just a fan. But what I see with CTS is a track doing EVERYTHING they can for the racer yet they don't show up in good numbers. For those that live in this area this may be your last chance to have a home asphalt track. CTS opened up their track to Cody's group. SAS last week proved there are street stocks in the area. There is no guarentee SAS will be will be long term. CTS show they plan to be long term.

Racers the way I see it this is make or break. If TALMS doesn't come through with 16+ on the 27th and the streets don't show in numbers with all the incentives for the 27th what kind of message does that send CTS? From what I hear it is a nice concert venue then they can make it without racing. There will be 4000+ there on the 27th mainly to see Randy Rogers.I know they get the races too, but if all they see is 10 or less cars a class it won't leave a big impression. In other words the way I see it CTS has done about all they can do.It is up to the racers to step up and frankly save this track.

There are only 4 asphalt tracks left. SAS is strong, but the future is uncertain. CTS as said before is going above and beyond. CCS (Abel) is doing the same for his track. HMP is on solid ground and may be the only asphalt track left pretty soon.

I saw some dirt guys want to give CTS a shot. I say let them regardless of rules. It's no secret there are a ton of them out there. I remember years ago CCS had a big season ending race one year and a lot of dirt cars showed up then. As a fan I have my preferences but at the same time I hate to see all the effort CTS put in this year go in vain.

So asphalt racers especially and racers in general show up at CTS on the 27th.You might be saving a track.

:lol: Well Rodney, It would be nice to see the lower classes get recognized for their efforts...They are not the Red Headed Step child, lol Mini's and Grands do put on a show but they also race because they love it and this is what their pocket book lets them do.

I was reading what classes are considered nascar at a sactioned track. It read, the track makes the decision on what classes are nascar......So if the minis and Grands are not nascar classes then a nascar class driver shold not be able to drive in those classes right? Oh well, just curious.......

Yes All please come out to the races and PLEASE BRING YOUR CARS. You won't be disappointed!!!

This goes for mini stock, grand stocks also... Proving ground classes. I say it often.. The late models and mods and truck are kick butt!! We all love them but man those Saturday night warriors in the stock classes... We have no show without you guys and gals!!! Bring those cars out!!

Keep after em Rodney!!!!

Just my .02 but I say let the dirt guys come run. Put on a show for the fans, then enjoy the concert afterwards. They can get together and politic rules the monday after. :lol:

That has been a hot topic for many years.. and one that I feel strongly about. Any track will not tell a driver they are not allowed to race in a class unless there is a reason the driver is not fit or has done something that disallows them to compete at the track. I will say that if I am a new or aspiring driver and see a more honed driver out waxing the field in the entry level classes I could understand the the hesitation to want to race.

It is completly a driver's choice. I do see though and really appreciate when a driver steps into a lower class to help build car count and even brings in a few cars to the division to help the track with cars. Many times I have watched these experienced stars get in a race at the new drivers level and keep the good competition and fun. Very nice deal to race wheel to wheel or follow one of these guys that has done it for awhile to help new guys or gals skills build. When I raced an Enduro 250 in 1986 in San Antonio I remember at age 14 being so intimidated by the fact Leroy Farmer was in that race. As it went on I wound up in a spot where I chased him close I would guess 10-15 laps. I learned 2 new ways to attack that track in that span. Then he came and told me I ran a great race and enjoyed competing with me after. Gotta mix the pros and cons...

We could discuss this topic awhile, be a good Car Bar topic! ;)

I appreciate you replying and throwing the word out to the rest of the LSSZ family!

KEEPING A DRIVER WHO WANTS TO RUN A LOWER CLASS BECAUSE THEY RUN IN UPPER CLASSES ALSO REALLY IS WRONG FOR THE MOST PART ..WE WOULD LOVE TO JUMP RIGHT UP THERE IN A HIGHER CLASS THAN WE RUN AND NOT ONE DRIVER SCARES US ==.BUT LACK OF MONEY KEEPS US WHERE WE CAN AFFORD BY A SHOE STRING .. OUR CAR RACED SAS THIS LAST WEEKEND .AND ONE DRIVER WHO WE RAN AGAINST HAS WON MORE RACES IN HIGHER UP CLASSES THEN WE COULD ONLY DREAM ABOUT ..DID THAT STOP US FROM RACING NOT IN YOUR LIFE TIME .WE LOOK AT IT THIS WAY .I WOULD RATHER CHASE A DRIVER WHO HAS DONE IN RACING WHAT HE HAS DONE THEN A ROOKIE ..MY SON LEARNED SOMETHING FROM RACING THAT DRIVER .AND PUT MORE INCENTIVE TO DRIVE SMARTER AND HARDER TO BEAT HIM .HE DID BEAT THIS DRIVER IN ONE RACE .TO BAD THAT DRIVER LOST HIS CAR AND WE WONT KNOW WHAT THE FINISH COULD HAVE BEEN ..WE SHOOT TO BE THE BEST WE CAN WITH WHAT WE HAVE .A MORE EXSPERENCED DRIVER THAN OURS FROM A HIGHER UP CLASS IS A BLESSING ..A GOAL .A CHALLENGE ....

Well.. I should have at least 2 of my Street stocks out there.... Should be interesting... I found out when I tried drifting... I am pretty much a one trick pony. (Dirt)

But...when I see someone actually trying to do right by the racers....and not just tell you.. its my way or the highway ....its hard to ignore.

SO... I apoligize in advance for the appearance of my cars... they were never meant for a car show...lol AJ

SO... I apoligize in advance for the appearance of my cars... they were never meant for a car show...lol AJ

Rodney: "And driving the #52.......uuuhhhhhh..... is that a gremlin?" :lol:

Im betting that car will be pretty sporty on pavement too.

Archived