Unofficial race schedule for KMEC (THR)

Very smart call if they use SAS rules ! That will make a great car count .

can i reserve a table in the sports bar. will you be having Crown Royal. ? lol

some things are more important to some than others ..... he he

Glad to see your keeping racing at any level.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SAS schedule has not been posted but I know those folks are working to get some events put together. I think there should be work from that camp pretty soon. Details being worked out to put events together, a little tougher there in SA with that facility having been dormant for a bit. I think we have good things to look forward to though.

RR

Are they staffing these race events with OTX guys or will the officals from the previous years get the opportunity to continue to work at the track?

OTX will NOT be providing officials for Races.

Anyone interested in working racing events should email Lynn Phillips at LPhillips@OnTrackXperience.com. She will pass it along.

Are they staffing these race events with OTX guys or will the officals from the previous years get the opportunity to continue to work at the track?

OTX will NOT be providing officials for Races.

Anyone interested in working racing events should email Lynn Phillips at LPhillips@OnTrackXperience.com. She will pass it along.

Sounds funny to me but ok.... Guess that helps make up my mind...

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the unofficial schedule for the Speedway at the Kyle Music and Events Center,(KMEC,formerly THR)

8 race season. First race April 5th and 6th. Then every 4 weeks throughout the 2013 season.

Races will be ran differently than in the past. Friday Night will feature the Grand Stocks, Thunder Stocks,

Super Stocks, and possibly another class or two. No Mini Stocks.

Saturday will be Texas Pro Sedans, Dwarf's, NasKarts. These classes will run in the late afternoon. Trucks, Pro Mods, and Pro Late Models will be the feature show Saturday night. Racing will be concluded by 9 PM.

A live band will perform at the Car Bar after the racing action is concluded on both Friday and Saturday Night's. The Car Bar is the new Sports Bar located in the OTX building at the track.

The property has been in the process of being cleaned up and remodeled for the last few months.

New seating surfaces in the grand stands, remodeled rest rooms, remodeled VIP Suites, remodeled Tech Building.

The addition of the Car Bar and the list goes on. Alamo Promotions who holds the lease to the property has extended

the lease term out for 11 years. Improvements are under way to make this a class 1 facility for concerts, racing, and other events in the years to come.

An official announcement will come shortly with additional details regarding purse's and rules.

I wanted to bump this back up in hopes that the official announcement mentioned in the last sentence of this post would be forthcoming. Thanks in advance for any information that can be released.

I for one am wishing that the ministocks was not taken out some people can not afford to build a grandstock or other class car. I hope that they will rethink it about the ministocks

I second that. I always wanted to race but was kinda intimidated about jumping in a full size v8 with guys that have been driving for many years in the grand stocks. If it wasnt for the mini class letting me feel cofident I wouldnt be in in full size car now. my wife now drives the mini and also would like to move up now to a full size.I know she wouldnt have wanted to drive a big car without driving the mini first. I personally think the mini is the best tool we have to get new drivers in the seat. its also the cheapest car you can get and pretty much get your money back when you want to move up.But tracks have to do what THEY think is best so We will either ake it to HMP and sell it there or put it on dirt...where ever it goes it will be a car to beat.

I agree. The mini stock class was great for me, being a team of 1 with no crew since my husband died. It was a class I was able to compete in without having a lot of expense or maintenance, and it was easy for me to change tires by myself. Mini stocks are a great entry level car, and many of the drivers were new and learning. I don't think I'll move back up to a full size car; there were just too many things to fix and adjustments I didn't know how to make. The mini stocks are great because they just bounce off each other and keep running without needing major repairs. Looks like I will have to retire from racing and sell my two mini stocks. Bummer! Why the decision not to run the mini stocks?

I tried to reply to this earlier but I don't see it, so I must have hit the wrong button! Please rethink the mini stock class; it's a perfect entry level for new racers to get started and good for small budgets. The mini's take a licking and keep on ticking. So much less expense in maintenance, repairs, fuel, tires, etc. than the full size cars. And perfect for me; I was able to keep racing with limited mechanical knowledge and no crew. I'm not really ready to quit racing yet; why the decision not to run mini's? Please reconsider. Thanks!

Just re-reading the posts one thing to think about. It looks like the classes that are being eliminated are ones that had low car counts. Low car counts in 2012 have nothing to do with what the racetrack is doing now and I don't think the race track is going to pin verbal commitments to structuring their racing program. For whatever reason the classes in question fell way off in thus the decision to drop them.

I think the mini's are great to get new growth into the sport but if there are few it will go away..

OUTLAW 22.. IF THERE ARE FEW IT WILL GO AWAY .I AGREE .BUT SHOULD NEVER GIVE UP ON THOSE CLASSES /WORK ON BUILDING THEM UP ....THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION OF WHY KEEP EM HAS BEEN ANSWERED TIME AND TIME AGAIN ....THOSE DRIVERS MOVE UP .AND EVERY CLASS OUT THERE HAS A DRIVER OR TWO WHO STARTED IN MINI OR WILL SOON ENOUGH ...IN 2011 MY SON RACED A HONDA WE COULD NOT AFFORD TO BUILD A MOTOR FOR HIS BOMBER .THANKS TO CC HAVING THE MINI CLASS MY SON GOT A CHANCE TO RACE AND LEARNED A LOT ..I BET A LOT OF THOSE DRIVERS WHO RACED THE MINI AT THUNDERHILL MOVED UP AS MY SON DID IN 2012 ,,THAT IN ITSELF CREATES LOWER CAR COUNTS IN THE MINI AND HELPS THE UPPER CLASS .. YET I SEE SO MANY DRIVERS IN UPPER CLASSES COMPLAIN THE MINI SHOULD BE CANCELED .....IN TIME THE UPPER CLASS LOSE OUT .....COME TO THINK ABOUT .MOST MINI CLASSES DON.T GET PAID AND IF SO SO LITTLE IT DOES NOT MAKE MUCH OF A DENT BUT THE STANDS GET A LITTLE FULLER AND THE TRACK MAKES MORE MONEY THEY DONT REALLY THINK ABOUT WHEN YOU HAVE A MINI CLASS .......8 CARS WITH LITTLE OR NO PURSE BUT WITH 4 PEOPLE AVERAGE WITH EACH CAR ... FIGURE IT OUT ..........................looks like kmec is trying to get the shows in as early as possible and has to figure in the best chances of doing so ...i am sure it was not easy to cancels classes ......

Just re-reading the posts one thing to think about. It looks like the classes that are being eliminated are ones that had low car counts. Low car counts in 2012 have nothing to do with what the racetrack is doing now and I don't think the race track is going to pin verbal commitments to structuring their racing program. For whatever reason the classes in question fell way off in thus the decision to drop them.

I think the mini's are great to get new growth into the sport but if there are few it will go away..

WELL IF THAT WAS THE CASE ROD SUPERS STOCKS AND TSRS LATEMODELS HAD THE WORSE COUNT I DID A COUNT ON HERE SOME WHERE AND ON MOST NIGHTS THUNDERS HAD MORE THEN THOS OTHER CLASSES AND ON SOME NIGHTS WE HAD MORE THEN THE TRUCKS. I WENT TO MY LAPS TO GET THE RIGHT COUNT OF CARS ON EACH NIGHT AND POSTED THEM. IT IS WHAT IT IS NOW I GUESS. TIME TO MOVE ON!!! LOVE THE TRACK LOVE THE FANS JUST WONT BE SEEING THEM FOR AWHILE NOW.

You are correct for sure Donnie and the TSRS Late Models are not listed in 2013 as well. The NASCAR Super Stocks seem to be the wild card here. I think the Supers are hanging around with idea that more common rules with San Antone and CC will bring that class back to where it has typically been and the SAS Octoberfast was. Corpus has for a long time been well represented at the Texas Stock Car Spectacular end of the year events and this only gives those guys more reasons to come to Kyle. On top of that some of the afore mentioned TSRS cars can become a part of this class as well if they choose to.

Just food for thought and certainly not trying to leave any class or teams out or worse than that imply anyone should be left out.

Nice thing is with 4 tracks in operation hopefully everyone has a place to participate and make 2013 one of the best years we have had after some pretty lean ones.

OUTLAW 22.. IF THERE ARE FEW IT WILL GO AWAY .I AGREE .BUT SHOULD NEVER GIVE UP ON THOSE CLASSES /WORK ON BUILDING THEM UP ....THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION OF WHY KEEP EM HAS BEEN ANSWERED TIME AND TIME AGAIN ....THOSE DRIVERS MOVE UP .AND EVERY CLASS OUT THERE HAS A DRIVER OR TWO WHO STARTED IN MINI OR WILL SOON ENOUGH ...IN 2011 MY SON RACED A HONDA WE COULD NOT AFFORD TO BUILD A MOTOR FOR HIS BOMBER .THANKS TO CC HAVING THE MINI CLASS MY SON GOT A CHANCE TO RACE AND LEARNED A LOT ..I BET A LOT OF THOSE DRIVERS WHO RACED THE MINI AT THUNDERHILL MOVED UP AS MY SON DID IN 2012 ,,THAT IN ITSELF CREATES LOWER CAR COUNTS IN THE MINI AND HELPS THE UPPER CLASS .. YET I SEE SO MANY DRIVERS IN UPPER CLASSES COMPLAIN THE MINI SHOULD BE CANCELED .....IN TIME THE UPPER CLASS LOSE OUT .....COME TO THINK ABOUT .MOST MINI CLASSES DON.T GET PAID AND IF SO SO LITTLE IT DOES NOT MAKE MUCH OF A DENT BUT THE STANDS GET A LITTLE FULLER AND THE TRACK MAKES MORE MONEY THEY DONT REALLY THINK ABOUT WHEN YOU HAVE A MINI CLASS .......8 CARS WITH LITTLE OR NO PURSE BUT WITH 4 PEOPLE AVERAGE WITH EACH CAR ... FIGURE IT OUT ..........................looks like kmec is trying to get the shows in as early as possible and has to figure in the best chances of doing so ...i am sure it was not easy to cancels classes ......

The NasKarts are still in the program, and late in the season I think we had more mini stocks showing up than NasKarts. If you look at how many mini stocks were registered last year, there are a lot of us around, and to me it makes sense to keep us in the schedule. We don't cost the track much in purse, but we bring in revenue, as you said.

Archived