Unofficial race schedule for KMEC (THR)

Here is the unofficial schedule for the Speedway at the Kyle Music and Events Center,(KMEC,formerly THR)

8 race season. First race April 5th and 6th. Then every 4 weeks throughout the 2013 season.

Races will be ran differently than in the past. Friday Night will feature the Grand Stocks, Thunder Stocks,

Super Stocks, and possibly another class or two. No Mini Stocks.

Saturday will be Texas Pro Sedans, Dwarf's, NasKarts. These classes will run in the late afternoon. Trucks, Pro Mods, and Pro Late Models will be the feature show Saturday night. Racing will be concluded by 9 PM.

A live band will perform at the Car Bar after the racing action is concluded on both Friday and Saturday Night's. The Car Bar is the new Sports Bar located in the OTX building at the track.

The property has been in the process of being cleaned up and remodeled for the last few months.

New seating surfaces in the grand stands, remodeled rest rooms, remodeled VIP Suites, remodeled Tech Building.

The addition of the Car Bar and the list goes on. Alamo Promotions who holds the lease to the property has extended

the lease term out for 11 years. Improvements are under way to make this a class 1 facility for concerts, racing, and other events in the years to come.

An official announcement will come shortly with additional details regarding purse's and rules.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I read this right, the dates would be:

Apr 5, 6

May 3, 4

May 31, Jun 1

June 28, 29

July 26, 27

Aug 23, 24

Sept 20, 21

Oct 18, 19

Is this right?

I can't say for sure but that looks right except for the Oct date will be Nov. 15th and 16th.

the plan is to draw fans that will be in town for the formula 1 race. This will likely be a big race

with a larger purse than the rest.

Good news and bad...Looks like the mini is going to have to go to another track than the thunder and we will have to split the races between 2-3 different places. Looks like it will be a nice facility and even tho this doesnt work perfect for us it looks like it will be great for most others.

question on pit stalls....is the rent for friday and sat night or do will you have to rent twice if you want each night

Yeah!!! on pro late models

Good news and bad...Looks like the mini is going to have to go to another track than the thunder and we will have to split the races between 2-3 different places. Looks like it will be a nice facility and even tho this doesnt work perfect for us it looks like it will be great for most others.

question on pit stalls....is the rent for friday and sat night or do will you have to rent twice if you want each night

I can't say for sure but Friday will also be practice for the pro classes so I think pit spaces will be for both nights.

Good question though and i'll pass it along for a definitive answer

2 questions

1. Will the track still be NASCAR Sanctioned, need to know this so we can renew our NASCAR liscense if it is?

2. Rules, will these classes use the same rules as last season?

Thanks

Jeff O'Neill

#3 NASCAR Pro Truck

Yes

KMEC will still be a NASCAR sanctioned Track. As for the rules, I am not sure. We will need to wait until the official announcement.

i like what im seeing on here , not trying to bash here but no more all day in the heat to run 20-25 laps in main looks good for the fri night classes,if they could somehow keep the rules like what SAS , and I 37 , seeing what jus happened in oct at SAS , prob be some awesome car counts if so, and for me if i pull into tech i hope im jus as equeal as the next driver will make me wanna come back.... jus sayin

SO I HAVE A QUESTION IF YOUR RUNNING THOSE CLASSES ON FRIDAY NIGHT HAVE YALL THOUGHT ABOUT THE YOUNGER DRIVERS WHO ARE STILL IN SCHOOL AND THE PEOPLE WHO MAY LIVE A GOOD WAYS FROM THE TRACK, MY SON IS STILL IN SCHOOL AND ITS HARD TO PULL THEM OUT OF SCHOOL ALL THE TIME I KNOW LAST YEAR HE WAS THE YOUNGEST IN HIS CLASS AND I BELIEVE THE ONLY ONE STILL IN SCHOOL AND I`M SURE THERS OTHERS IN ANOTHER CLASS. SO YOU MAY HURT YOUR CLASSES ON FRIDAYS IF THEY CANT GET THERE AND THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE A WAYS FROM THERE TO. UNLESS YOUR WANTING TO WEED THE YOUNGER DRIVER OUT AND I`M NOT SAYING YOU ARE. JUST A THOUGHT IS ALL I`M SAYING. :ph34r:

i like what im seeing on here , not trying to bash here but no more all day in the heat to run 20-25 laps in main looks good for the fri night classes,if they could somehow keep the rules like what SAS , and I 37 , seeing what jus happened in oct at SAS , prob be some awesome car counts if so, and for me if i pull into tech i hope im jus as equeal as the next driver will make me wanna come back.... jus sayin

I'm pretty sure they will be using SAS Rules

I for one am wishing that the ministocks was not taken out some people can not afford to build a grandstock or other class car. I hope that they will rethink it about the ministocks

I second that. I always wanted to race but was kinda intimidated about jumping in a full size v8 with guys that have been driving for many years in the grand stocks. If it wasnt for the mini class letting me feel cofident I wouldnt be in in full size car now. my wife now drives the mini and also would like to move up now to a full size.I know she wouldnt have wanted to drive a big car without driving the mini first. I personally think the mini is the best tool we have to get new drivers in the seat. its also the cheapest car you can get and pretty much get your money back when you want to move up.But tracks have to do what THEY think is best so We will either ake it to HMP and sell it there or put it on dirt...where ever it goes it will be a car to beat.

Archived