Its That Time of Year Again .........

Budman

Its been a pretty miserable week weather-wise for indy car practice. Yesterday was the first real good day for practice. Will Power of Penske Racing leads the speed charts. Practice will resume today (Friday), weather permitting. Pole day qualifying is Saturday, which will fill the first 24 positions. Bump day is Sunday, with 40 cars/drivers competing for the fastest 33 positions available. The race is scheduled for Sunday, May 29th.

Simona had a real bad looking crash in practice today. Thankfully, she was able to walk away, but burned her hands again. She will be re-evaluated tomorrow. Hopefully she will be able to qualify in her back-up car Saturday.

Unfortunately I doubt Simona will make the race now. The car can be put in the show by either her or a backup driver, but because they destroyed that chassis they will have to go to the 78T car. The 78T backup car is the 2nd oldest car at Indy. It was built in 2003. It was much heavier when they had to use it last year, and they couldn't get some of the newer aero things onto the older car.

What? No Simona pictures? No Daniica pictures? This thread needs pictures!

Mike, I got lots of stuff I could post on here about her. But, if I did, the local Danica Police would get on here. It just kinda creates more problems than its worth. Sorry.

I take that personally.....

Ms. Patrick has her fans and she has her detractors as well. Buddy and some others on here are her fans while you and some others are not. No reason to take it personally. It's all good sport unless someone gets their feelings hurt over it.

Nick

DAMN IT....was praying it would rain all day......

man your mean lol.......i suppose they got the track dried and she made it in .........i look at it this way ...if she did not make it ..the story would be much larger and we would never hear aboult anything else ....so glad she made it ..plus i am sorta leaning towards her .......hope you will forgive me .............. ;) ..as for this other girl ...thought she was cool ... no above everyone else i could see ....class .....now dont take this as a challenge to get haywired ......

You know what I feel bad for Scott Speed he gets this ride with Dragon racing and pretty much had a miserable month of may, they got there and had to build his car, he did good during rookie orientation, then during practice he almost lost it 3 times and he kept telling the team that something was wrong and it sounds like they didnt believe him so the put Patrick Carpentier in the car and he goes out loses it and wrecks the car. So $$ gets to miss the race because his team wouldnt listen

Dont' give a tinker's damn about who is or ain't in the 500,

But the real feel good story for me is Sam Schmidt's team winning the pole over the big teams.

Short on sponsorship, short on help, and they go out and win the pole.

Sam has given everything he has to the sport, he perseveres through his injuries, and I congratulate him and the team on the up front start.

I take that personally.....

Jay, I take all your "Danica" posts REAL personal, since I discovered the REAL reason for your misplaced hatred of her, and the fact that you were perfectly willing to use me and my threads to advance your own perverse personal vendetta against her, without my knowledge.

If two guys want to get into it over Danica Patrick, that's your business. As far as I'm concerned Danica is no different than any other high-profile public figure and opinions about her (as long as meeting the usual standards here) are welcome.

However, I sense a personal battle looming which needs to be taken somewhere other than the Lone Star Speedzone forums.

Nick

For those who missed it, the real drama at Indy yesterday came at the very end of qualifying. Qualifying was scheduled to end at 6:00 pm. Marco Andretti was flagged out of the pit to requalify at 5:59:01 pm. He successfully qualified for the race field. In doing so however, he bumped his team-mate, Ryan Hunter-Ray from the field. I suspect we will hear more about this situation during the coming week.

I cannot wait, I love the Indy 500! probably the race I get most excited for all year, and I'm not an open wheel person.

I was until the split and new rules. Now the engines are so similar with no room for new ideas. One of the things I always looked fwd to was the track proving of the new and exotic ideas - like Cosworth and the DOHC etc.

Archived