Its That Time of Year Again .........

Budman

Buddy and Jay are both very very passionate about this subject. Just two guys with different views. Both real good guys in my book. I dont see fault with either of their opinions. When they start pulling out hand guns then I will worry. Until then let the Poo-Poo hit the fan. jmo

Will, Here is the starting lineup.

And to answer your question about Andretti Autosport, John Andretti qualified 17th.

Indy Lineup

Tom, did you get ahold of the person who wanted you to contact him?

Thought I would add this. After Danica qualified at 224 plus change when they had a break for practice she went back out on the track and turned a 226 and change lap. Whatever it was that kept them from the speed earlier apparently has been cured. I thought the first day qualifying was the best ever and the new format is outstanding. Beats the old days when you sat and waited for hours for someone to show up to run a qualifying run. :D

Rumor has it there was an ill-advised aero tweek AA mechs were routinely applying to all the cars that turned out was upsetting the balance. The mechs on John Andretti's car found it and reversed it before his qualifying run Saturday. They didn't get it reversed on the other AA cars until overnight between pole and bump days.

Your are correct Jay. I'm certainly not making judgement on the ethics of such an arrangement. I'm simply relating what is going on here. As you say, it is not an unusual development. It has occurred numerous times in the past.

Which brings to mind the top 35 in owners points making NASCAR races automatically. Often times we have seen qualify or go home cars run faster than cars in the top 35. Its how the game has changed. do I like it? NO.

Which brings to mind the top 35 in owners points making NASCAR races automatically. Often times we have seen qualify or go home cars run faster than cars in the top 35. Its how the game has changed. do I like it? NO.

I AGREE.. GOES BACK TO IF YOU CANT MAKE THE RACE .THEN GO HOME ...SURE GLAD LOCAL TRACKS DONT PULL THAT STUNT ..

Andretti Autosport (AA)

I thought AA was an acronym for Unser Racing (I know - tasteless and tacky. But funny.)

3 second separation in the field. Looks like the engine rules equalized the field. Since cutting (and bleeding) edge engineering was so effectively removed from the equation any drunk monkey has a chance. (will refrain from Unser joke). Open wheel IROCs with high dollar budgets.

I would really like to see John Andretti and Davey Hamilton do well. Let me rephrase that - I would reallly like to stay awake long enough to actually see any of them do well, but have always liked John's style and Davey is a real cool guy (met him a few times - he set our track record at 13.some seconds in a super mod - not bad for a 3/8).

Post time is just around the corner - oh wait wrong kinda pony show...

Archived