Probation For Edwards

lenny66

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well from here on out till something else makes the nascar news ..everyone will tune in to see how those two racers race each other .. forget danica ..the media has something else to talk aboult.. not what the media and nascar had in mind i bet ...but thanks carl ..

Based on the new rules at HMP, I sure hope none of those that are incensed at CE's or BK's actions applaude their favorite local driver when they punt someone. This sort of driving does not belong at any track.

Actually, even though the speeds are not as great, local short trackers do not have the same level of safety equipment and certainly can't afford the repair like a NASCAR team. That makes it worse IMO.

PROBATION!!!!! You have to be kidding. This is rediculous. This is racing not demo derby. Intentional wrecking should not be tolerated. PERIOD. If Carl wants to not give an inch back to Brad on the track when racing for position or even just racing, fine. Brad did not turn into Carl or Hamlin. He races hard and doesnt give, So race him the same way, DONT GIVE, but wrecking is not an option. That is a temper tantrum out of control. Take care of it in the pits face to face. NASCAR screwed the pooch on this one.

This is precisely the sort of thing that will give racing a black eye. In the general publics' eyes, it pulls stock car racing down to the level of WWE and Roller Derby, and that perception will extend all the way down to the local level and local drivers, deserved or not. Such a shame. :(

Based on the new rules at HMP, I sure hope none of those that are incensed at CE's or BK's actions applaude their favorite local driver when they punt someone. This sort of driving does not belong at any track.

Actually, even though the speeds are not as great, local short trackers do not have the same level of safety equipment and certainly can't afford the repair like a NASCAR team. That makes it worse IMO.

I agree Rusty. Like Waco Racer said, I would like to think we could rise to a level above "eye for an eye" on a race track. I understand that a driver who repeatedly wrecks people needs to be dealt with in some way, but the race track is not the place.

I used to be an Edwards fan, but no so much any more.

As much as I hate to say - It matters not what anybody but the Board of NASCAR thinks says or does. It IS their show - they own it lock stock and barrel and only allow (lic) others with the agreement that those others will follow the Boards doctrines. It's not a public venue - unless a law is broken (and many laws do not cover private property - thank god or we would all be in jail for wreckless/careless driving) no one but Lord France and the Court of fools (tongue in cheek) have a say. Us venting on this board is equal to us trying to set the price WalMart charges!

I can assure you that NASCAR reps read all the larger boards, including this one. While they might just be hired hands providing input from the "unwashed masses," they obviously report their findings to the powers that be.

Nick

it pulls stock car racing down to the level of WWE

It's been that way for years now Buddy.....It's a freaking joke....

FYI....has anyone(but me) noticed who are #1 and #2 in Nationwide points......There's you ratings game in a nutshell since Danica isn't the ring leader of the circus anymore.

I think its time to applaud a driver for having passion in his car and race team. NASCAR for whatever the reason in the past 8 years or so have been shaking their fingers, handing out stiff fines, and taking driver and owner points away for silly reasons like this. Its time to let the men be men and the boys can sit in the stands and watch... Way to go CARL.....

I guess if I were to hit someone every week and tear up equipment on other drivers cars, they will eventually have enough of that... dont you think? It doesnt matter who does it. If you keep barking up that tree youre eventually gonna get a branch or two thrown down on ya... I'll be in the pits all around...

Boogity

Imagine sitting in the stands with your son or daughter watching the race and a car comes flying into the catch fence. One minute you are having the time of your life, then in the blink of an eye someone is killed. If a fan at the other end of the track were killed would you continue to rationalize that Brad or Carl had it coming? What if it was your family member, would you feel the same way? A comment like “just let them race” or “he had it coming” is a very selfish not to mention dangerous attitude to have. Others have mentioned that the wing is to blame. I think the wing may have contributed to the end result; the wing did not turn the car around.

Some people are just missing the point! Forget about who had what coming or this person or that is a rough driver. Have you ever stopped and thought how many lives would be ruined because “your” driver “did what he had to do”? I agree that NASCAR has to loosen the reins, but to what extent. The thought of NASCAR giving Carl a pat on the back is asinine. I would almost bet that the Attorneys for NASCAR or the insurance underwriter are far from thinking a big ole high five for Carl was in order.

Rubbing and bumping is and will always be a big part of auto racing. Some folks are unable to distinguish between rubbing and wrecking and/or bumping and ramming.

I would think a friendly chitchat in the hauler would suffice, not so in this day and age. You see at every level of racing, sitting within the protection of a roll cage seems to build muscles on many a driver. If you can’t control your emotions on the track, and start to think of your car as a weapon, do you really need to be on the track? If you are unable to answer this question, I bet your fellow competitor or the fans could!

Boogity

Imagine sitting in the stands with your son or daughter watching the race and a car comes flying into the catch fence. One minute you are having the time of your life, then in the blink of an eye someone is killed. If a fan at the other end of the track were killed would you continue to rationalize that Brad or Carl had it coming? What if it was your family member, would you feel the same way? A comment like “just let them race” or “he had it coming” is a very selfish not to mention dangerous attitude to have. Others have mentioned that the wing is to blame. I think the wing may have contributed to the end result; the wing did not turn the car around.

Some people are just missing the point! Forget about who had what coming or this person or that is a rough driver. Have you ever stopped and thought how many lives would be ruined because “your” driver “did what he had to do”? I agree that NASCAR has to loosen the reins, but to what extent. The thought of NASCAR giving Carl a pat on the back is asinine. I would almost bet that the Attorneys for NASCAR or the insurance underwriter are far from thinking a big ole high five for Carl was in order.

Rubbing and bumping is and will always be a big part of auto racing. Some folks are unable to distinguish between rubbing and wrecking and/or bumping and ramming.

I would think a friendly chitchat in the hauler would suffice, not so in this day and age. You see at every level of racing, sitting within the protection of a roll cage seems to build muscles on many a driver. If you can’t control your emotions on the track, and start to think of your car as a weapon, do you really need to be on the track? If you are unable to answer this question, I bet your fellow competitor or the fans could!

AMEN!

Double AMEN!

It's really disheartening to see attitudes like "let em race" or "he had it coming" or "GO CARL" posted on here. What if the guys that posted that stuff are racers at one of our local tracks? How would you like to race with a guy you knew had that attitude about other peoples safety and property? There's a lesson to be learned here. Do we really want people like that racing at our local tracks? I like to watch Madhouse, but I sure wouldn't want to race there - and I wouldn't want a racer with an attitude like CE racing on the same track where I am.

Did any of you watch INside NASCAR last night on Showtime. In so many words here was thier response. Not direct quotes since I dont have a photographic memory. If I find the video clip, I'll post it.

Michael Waltrip.

Asked if retaliation happens very often. " Happens all the time. I'm glad he did it, and he was man enough to tell us he did "

Brad Daugherty

" Happy to see it happen " Likes the racing going to the drivers again and would hate to see it go back to the way it was.

Chris Myers

" Carl is my new hero " He loved that Carl took Brad out. And spoke of how drivers like Brad deserve it and have it coming.

Randy Pemberton

He seemed to be kind of on the fence. Glad for drivers to police themselves, but insure on how he felt about Carl and Brads incident.

This is racing guys and gals. This mentality will never go away on the tracks across the country. If you dont like it, dont watch it. If your scared to get or see someone killed or injured dont go to any races. Because it can and does happen all the time. A fan was killed just a week ago at a NHRA NAtional event by a tire coming into the stands and hitting her. Not a wrecking incident but just proves anything can happen. So sit at home and watch it on TV.. Or turn the channel.

WELL THE GOOD THING IS NO ONE GOT HURT .. NASCAR MADE THIER RULLING .LIKE IT OR NOT ..AND THAT REALLY DOESNT MATTER . A DRIVER IS THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE CAR ..NOT YOU ME OR NASCAR ONCE THEY ARE OUT ON THE TRACK . THE DRIVER HAS TO LIVE WITH HIS OR HER ACTIONS .. I BET CARL WONT BE DOING THAT AGAIN . NOT AT 195.....AND THIS MAY MAKE OTHERS THINK BEFORE THEY PUNT SOMEONE AT ONE OF THOSE LARGE FASTER TRACKS ...... BUT WE ALL KNOW IN HEAT OF THE BATTLE YOUR MIND TAKES OVER AND YOU PULL STUPID THINGS ..SOMETHING OUT OF THE NORM ...... LUCKY THE GUY I POPPED INTO THE WALL DIDNT GET HURT ..JUST WANTED TO GET SOME PAYBACK FOR HIM WRECKING MY CAR ....AFTER FURTHER THOUGHT I COULD HAVE HURT HIM ..I NEVER SENT ANYONE INTO A WALL AGAIN ...AFTER COOLING DOWN TIME IN THE PITS .I TALKED TO EM .. THAT USUALY WORKED ......

Archived