Nascar Race?

marvinmcgee

imagine mike waltrip in one of those now.......

Damn, Rodney, and right at lunch time.......................... :unsure:

Now Buffy Waltrip, that's a different story....................

I spent my Sunday in seguin for part of the day at the bowling alley getting ready to go bowl nationals in new mexico. Then got back to the house and sat on the couch watching the NHRA race instead of the nascar snooze fest at pocono. I actually had them turn the race off and put it on the college world series game at the bowling alley.

The wife finally caught on that my usual Sunday afternoon "gotta watch NASCAR" was simply code for "gotta go take a long, well-deserved nap."

Dang. Now after church the "honey do" list comes out and the best snooze time of the week is a thing of the past...

Nick

Here's how we spent our Sat. night. It ain't NASCAR. Dano just e-mailed me this first pic. He had the camera and took about a kajillion pics. We had a blast. Thanks to TMS and THR for the free tics. Slept in late Sunday morning and drove back Sunday afternoon.

post-1274-1213032617_thumb.jpg

after working 3 different racing events fri nite,all day sat and early sun,standing on a starting line for 27 hours,roasting in the heat, inhaling tire smoke & fumes,nascar lost out to "long nap on tha couch".woke up just in time to see the classic "vacation" with chevy chase going to wally world in the family truckster.

whats with all the crying about nascar being boreing. you talk about supporting racing and bash those that bash your track or series then turn around and bash the sport that promotes your track more than anything else like it or not. A while back sas could have been saved THATS A FACT because I had the two people willing to put up the money for repair just for the love of racing with nothing in return and that was pissed off with all the negitivity on here. you want to know whats wrong with tx racing...its this site...dont bother bashing me because I wont be back to read it.

Hey Ford27, ease up a little. This site may be everything that's wrong with racing in Texas, but its also everything that's RIGHT with racing in Texas, at the same time. This is a forum. Its all about the free exchange of information, ideas and opinions................some good, some bad.

As I've said on here before, never take yourself or anyone else on here too seriously. I know I for one have never lost one moments sleep over anything I've ever read on here.

I'll say it one more time (as if it will do any good whatsoever). If you have a problem with how Texas Speed Zone is moderated I'd appreciate it if you would bring those problems to me directly.

Thanks.

Nick

Talk about NEGATIVITY , thats a fine example of it Ford 27, all I read was people stating there opinion of the race on Sunday, obviously you have a different opinion and that is exactly what this site is for .) To discuss racing. (JMO)

<_<

I'll say it one more time (as if it will do any good whatsoever). If you have a problem with how Texas Speed Zone is moderated I'd appreciate it if you would bring those problems to me directly.

Thanks.

Nick

I don't think he is reffering to your moderating,I believe he means all the moaning,complaining and bickering that makes txsz what it is.I visit alot of different websites and this one is one of the best so keep on keepin on!!!!!! :D

whats with all the crying about nascar being boreing. you talk about supporting racing and bash those that bash your track or series then turn around and bash the sport that promotes your track more than anything else like it or not. A while back sas could have been saved THATS A FACT because I had the two people willing to put up the money for repair just for the love of racing with nothing in return and that was pissed off with all the negitivity on here. you want to know whats wrong with tx racing...its this site...dont bother bashing me because I wont be back to read it.

Good Bye...

racecar25,

Anyone who has ever written to me about the way Texas Speed Zone is run has been answered. Did everyone get the response they were hoping for? Of course not. There is no way to satisfy everyone in a forum environment like this. I just do the best I can to keep things civil and bash-free and move on.

Of course I have no intention of solving any problems that concern a track, a series or anything other than TXSZ-related issues. I do, however, recommend that anyone with a problem or personal issue with a track or series take that matter up with them in private.

That being said, I far more lax in enforcing the no-bash policy when it comes to major national or international series. And I admit that I am far more strict in enforcing the no-bash policy when it comes to local tracks, local or regional series and local/regional racers and race teams. I think it should be fairly evident since this has been the case for the past six years.

Finally, I have no intention whatsoever of getting into a public pissing contest over how the site is moderated. Like I always say, if you have a problem with me or the site, please PM or email me.

Nick

Archived