TSRS Respect vs. Disrespect

SASPEEDRACER24

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

landlord,

You're right. I've met oldtimer, and he's a really nice guy. As for his typin' and spellin', I'm waiting for Tator Mason to log on and give him some competition!

And I can pick on Tator 'cause he's almost as short as I am!!!

:rolleyes:

..IN THE WORDS OF RODNEY DANGERFIELD ... I GET NO RESPECT ....LANDLORD NICK WOULD NOT BE NICK IF HE CANT HAVE SOME FUN SOMETIMES ..... AND WITH THE SAD HAPPENINGS LATELY WE NEED IT ....BESIDES I LEAVE MYSELF WIDE OPEN FOR SUCH INJUSTICE ... NOW IM THE WORDS OF MIKE MCCAIN ..LET THE FUN BEGIN ..

Why is everyone always picking on OT????Don't know the man but he seems to be a nice enough guy!!!!!!!

He is a very nice guy and has been around the Corpus Christi racing world for a long time.

Nick

landlord,

You're right. I've met oldtimer, and he's a really nice guy. As for his typin' and spellin', I'm waiting for Tator Mason to log on and give him some competition!

And I can pick on Tator 'cause he's almost as short as I am!!!

:rolleyes:

DEB THANK YOU FOR THOSE KIND WORDS .TEARS TEARS ....UNCONTROLABLE AT THIS SECOND ..I DONT NEED NO COMP WITH TATOR ..NICK CANT HANDLE TWO OF US .WOULD NOT WANT TO PUT HIM THROUGH THAT .;LOL ..YOU KNOW I HAVE A BIG SENCE OF HUMOR ,, I HAVE TO .. I HAVE TO WAKE UP WITH MYSELF EVERY DAY ..MY MIRROR IS GETTING SMARTER .IT TURNS ITS BACK WHEN I LOOK INTO IT ..CANT SAY I BLAIME IT .. :lol:

From my viewing area up in the stands at HMP I saw alot of disrespect between racers. Lots of disrespect. I for one hate to see a championship decided the way it was but it is what it is. Maybe its time to drop the gimmick qualifing, keep the fast cars running with the fast cars.. It seems every time there is an invert of any type where slower cars end up in front of the fast ones, cars get tore up plain and simple. Why? Is it because the slower cars loose their head, end up driving over their head, and the ability of their cars? Is it the spotters that for some reason or another can't spot? Is it drivers losing control of the situation just because they got passed and over driving the car tyring to make up for getting passed? I dont have an answer because its up to the drivers themselves to police it and/or maybe its going to take a few cars being sent home because of it. The more cars there are the more its going to happen and the more caution flag laps the race will run loosing the interest of your fans. Folks goto the races to see side by side clean racing not half the laps run under caution. Just my honest opinion...

I agree, there's a tremendous amount of disrespect. It reared it's ugly head at HMS just like it seems to every time the TSRS cars race. Unfortunately, this is the "top class" in the area, the one the junior drivers aspire to, and it's training them the wrong way.

Unlike you, SASSPEEDRACER24, I believe respect starts at the top and trickles down, not from the bottom up. I've been watching central Texas circle track racing since '68 when I began helping my brother with his car and I can say I've never in all that time seen a class of cars so full of drivers who only take and don't give, respect, that is...

In the old days (you knew that was coming, didn't you?) the fast cars had to start from the rear and make their way thru the slower cars to win the race .. not just sometimes with gimmick starts, but all the time - every race except the big 250 lapper on July 4th where the fast car started on the pole. The slower drivers learned how to drive by watching the faster cars as they passed and the faster cars exercised a little caution when passing the slower cars - sometimes the slower car was really a fast car having problems. Whenever any driver became a problem, the other drivers "talked" to him/her and the problem was usually settled in short order .. though sometimes it required a broke car for the problem to be resolved. The point is the drivers demanded respect from the slowest to the fastest .. no one was exempt. And, the drivers settled their beefs with each other, face to face, man to man .. the crews stayed out of it, though it was awfully hard to do at times.

Today, bent cars are a way of life because the folks with the money don't care if their car gets a little bent as long as they get that SOB in front of them out of the way so they can cruise to a win .. and the little guy, the one without all the money, is left to miss races because he/she doesn't have the funds to put new bodies and clips on the car every few weeks.

But what's the worst of all, neither the track nor the series is willing to punish and penalize the rough driving. When was the last time you saw a driver, any driver, sent to the back for rough driving? They usually end up in the back because they were involved in a caution (another sore spot about TSRS .. but for another time), but not for rough driving. When was the last time you saw a car parked because it was causing wrecks? What happened to the 3 spins and you're out rule?

Like I said, respect starts at the top. When the track and series officials start enforcing their own rules fairly, when the fast cars respect the slower cars right to be in the race and when the slower cars give way to the leaders, then racing will be fun again in Texas.

BTW, why did the 79 spin all by himself on the back straight after he and the 61 got together? It wasn't a flat tire 'cause his crew didn't change one after that spin .. they were under the hood... could it be his rear-end was broke???

RACER DUCK GOOD POINTS ...I SORT OF REMEMBER THOSE DAYS ..TPS WILL SEND YOU TO THE BACK FOR ROUGH DRIVEING FOR THE MOST PART ..THATS IF THEY SEE IT ..THEY HAVE A TWO SPIN RULE .YOUR OUT ..AND AT CC SPEEDWAY EXCEPT FOR SPECIAL RACES ..THEY START HIGH POINTS TO THE REAR .AND MOST CARS GO HOME ..AND RACE NEXT WEEK ..AINT PERFECT BUT I DONT LIKE IT ANY OTHER WAY ..AND MOST IF NOT ALL OUR DRIVERS DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT ..AND THIS AS MOST KNOW IS SHORT AND VERY TIGHT TRACK TO PASS ON ..

I thought that part of racing was not only how fast your car was but also how good of a driver you are. If you are fast and start from the back you have to know how to pass the slower cars. Agreed the slower cars also need to respect those that are fast and coming from the back, but they too have a right to race hard and get the best finish they can. I am not a driver and have never been out there but I do think it needs to be a little give and take. I do know drivers that let their temper get the best of them and that needs to stay off of the track no matter who it is or what the situation is.

That is no matter what class you happen to be driving in, whether it is the TSRS or the Grands

LANDLORD NICK WOULD NOT BE NICK IF HE CANT HAVE SOME FUN SOMETIMES .....

yep he was just pokin' fun........hmm.

Racer Duck,

The last person I saw to get trailered for rough driving was the 07 Grand Stock at THR two weekends ago, but I'm not sure if it was the rough driving or almost running over an official while doing donuts on the front straight. Before that it was Tator Mason @ SAS in 2005 in the Sportsman race. It was when Greg Rohmer broke on the back straight and Tator nailed him. That was more of a reputation thing and a stern warning that was given out by TD in the driver's meeting.

BTW, why did the 79 spin all by himself on the back straight after he and the 61 got together? It wasn't a flat tire 'cause his crew didn't change one after that spin .. they were under the hood... could it be his rear-end was broke???

Nope not a rear end... After the race went to the pits and the Right Front was toe'd out pretty severly that would be the reason they were working on the front of the car... Ya would think if it were the rear end they would at least jack up or look at the rear...Quit hanging on the hope that he had a rearend issue and that was the cause of the wreck...

Everyone has thier rough nights and I for one know all about being in the back after my races. But I make sure to let folks by because I am learning... I made sure to start myself at the back because I knew I was going to be slow... The last 2 races I ran I made the decision to start in the pack so I can LEARN what it is like... I dont have the ability to run radios or have spotters in my class so if I cause an incident or am part of one its no one elses fault. You can ask all the drivers in the class that I run and I prob give them too much room...

Thats where I stand on that...

Respect shouldnt have a ladder period it shouldnt go top to bottom or bottom to top... If your slower than 75% of the field and starting at the front then just hold your line and let the chips fall... When spotters dont let their driver know that there is someone obviously faster inside them then a wreck happens who's to blame? The faster driver for trying to pass you?

Racer Duck your incident (or the incident your son was in) was not the only instance of this during that race no less what had transpired over the season. And it didnt always happen fast car vs. slow car... Heck for that all you have to do is look at the incident involving Schild and Barker... No respect there either in my opinion...

Nope not a rear end... After the race went to the pits and the Right Front was toe'd out pretty severly that would be the reason they were working on the front of the car... Ya would think if it were the rear end they would at least jack up or look at the rear...Quit hanging on the hope that he had a rearend issue and that was the cause of the wreck...

Everyone has thier rough nights and I for one know all about being in the back after my races. But I make sure to let folks by because I am learning... I made sure to start myself at the back because I knew I was going to be slow... The last 2 races I ran I made the decision to start in the pack so I can LEARN what it is like... I dont have the ability to run radios or have spotters in my class so if I cause an incident or am part of one its no one elses fault. You can ask all the drivers in the class that I run and I prob give them too much room...

Thats where I stand on that...

Respect shouldnt have a ladder period it shouldnt go top to bottom or bottom to top... If your slower than 75% of the field and starting at the front then just hold your line and let the chips fall... When spotters dont let their driver know that there is someone obviously faster inside them then a wreck happens who's to blame? The faster driver for trying to pass you?

Racer Duck your incident (or the incident your son was in) was not the only instance of this during that race no less what had transpired over the season. And it didnt always happen fast car vs. slow car... Heck for that all you have to do is look at the incident involving Schild and Barker... No respect there either in my opinion...

because this seem to be getting drug out too much, I want to clarify something...what happened at houston sucked for both of us, it was a matter of both of us in the same spot at the same time, he didnt do anything deliberate to me and I didnt do anything deliberate to him. Its not a disrespect issue, spotter issue, mechanical issue, or any other excuse, it was just bad luck. I cant state it any more plain than that. I have not talked to Joe, but I'm pretty sure he didnt want to get together anymore than I did. To be honest, I never knew who was behind me. Now, can we let this go or did I leave out any thing?

P.S. On the part of slower cars, I was only 3 tenths to 1/2 second slower than the "faster" cars after the last practice. A fairly good improvement over the full second I started with.

'

After further review, I too agree it was a racing deal. It happens to all of us. I apologize for saying anything about it. I also apologize to Racer61 for getting personal and downgrading his race car. I wish I was lucky enough to drive a TSRS car. It would be an honor.

Sincerly,

Jody Wayne Stuart.

That's the same thing the Stapp's said. No thanks. Pockets aint that deep.

Archived