We need a good truck showing

firemdk

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick,

There are alot of trucks that are going to support HMP and THR. I don't mind traveling and plan on doing it to support the two great promoters left in the state. We don't need to put it in the minds of the promoters to pull the class. I figure even if we have 5 or 7 trucks in close door to door racing that's a great show for the fans.

Nick,

There are alot of trucks that are going to support HMP and THR. I don't mind traveling and plan on doing it to support the two great promoters left in the state. We don't need to put it in the minds of the promoters to pull the class. I figure even if we have 5 or 7 trucks in close door to door racing that's a great show for the fans.

I'm sure they already have thought about which classes they want to run next season without having to read my post... LOL. If they decide to run the trucks, Great! I love the trucks. If they don't, I'm sure it won't be because of a knee-jerk reaction to any posts on TXSZ.

Nick

HMP- [edited out by Nick Holt, 1010/07] .......sally , if you read mypost a little more thoroughly and had even a hint of professionalism to you , then half of your posts would not have been printed.

the counts have been so OUTSTANDING with the way you guys are running this series that i guess open suggestions (even when you asked for them) are not wanted.

where did i ever say i needed said amount to come run HMP? i did'nt.

will i show up to race , spending 500$, to win 50$? NOPE,,,,,,sure as hell won't. yep i can see how that could be seen as 'self serving'.

mary ann has nothing to do with any of my comments or opinions towards HMP or the truck series. if you guys had half the class and a third of the respect for your drivers as she does , there is a chance you could have prolly one of the primier tracks in the country.

telling me all about their financial efforts towards the track and their struggles to put forth the effort to make this track work don't mean squad to me when you turn around and rely on self produced purses.

that rant about sucessfully operating a track,,,,,,yep that was a tear jerker. i aparrently don't have you guys kinda money , you prolly figured that or you wouldn't make that comment.

sometimes money goes further than brains........so congratdulations.

next time you tea sippers ask for suggestions , better damn well make sure you want em.....

signed-

the arrogant , self serving , 2005 USRA/ARTS natl' CHAMP.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 10/10/07]

John,

Thank you for the kind words. I will continue to support HMP becasuse of people like you and Graham. You guys keep doing what you do and the rest of us will support you.

C.

If Rusty's race was so sucessful why was there only one?

It was a really good race went green 70laps why was there only one your asking the wrong person.

but thats not why I commented, I did because Rusty don't have a dog in this fight so why bring him into it?

he never promised anyone the world he just didn't want to see his truck side lined and racing 16 races @ HMP

was out of the question not only for us but obviously other's we just want to race plain an simple where well where we can afford to and that for us is Kyle. to me it would make more sense to run the trucks as two local class's with the same amount of races 10-12 and have a two race championship at the end of the year one at HMP and THR but thats just my opinion. you can do it like nascar car top five from each track are chase contenders reset the points and that should cover almost a third from Kyle and everyone from Houston.

The Bakers,Mary Ann and HMP/THR staff do a fine job.To start with,you better not wear your feelings on your shoulder when logged onto this forum :D .Crazy,most teams have excepted HMPs new pay-out because they want to keep the doors open and want to continue to have a 1st class track to race on.I completly understand where you are coming from (wanting the track to guarantee the purse) and at the same time the business side of me understands why HMP did what it did with the pay-outs.It hit the LMs hard and made it really tough to justify everything it takes to run in that class,but at the end of the day it all comes down to the fact that you can't pay-out more than you take in,it's really that simple.With the new pay structure if the car counts are good the pay is good,if the car counts are down it don't kill the track.

Firemdk, I agree, just give up and go do your own thing! HMP appreciates your support.

It is because of racers with a know it all arrogance such as that exemplified by Crazyhorse that the previous owner of HMP closed the track indefinitely. This was after investing several million dollars building the facility to what it is. He was past the planning and into the permitting stage of having it leveled to build a large townhouse apartment complex. Made good business sense at the time with 7 schools within a short distance and no apartment complexes to be found.

The Baker brothers spent several months trying to get him to agree to sell them the race park. It is a good thing that Graham refuses to get on TXSZ because of all the negativity. He has more passion about racing than all of us combined.

As everyone is aware, there were 5 asphalt oval short tracks operating in Texas earlier this year and now there are TWO. Maybe the ones that shut down should have followed Crazyhorse’s business strategy. Oh wait, they did, and that is why they are no longer in business.

If Rusty really had sponsors to cover most of the purse for the truck races at HMP and THR, do you think Graham and Mary Ann would have turned him down? Empty promises and pipe dreams by promoters have put many series and tracks out of business.

Crazyhorse, seeing how you know so much about how to successfully operate a short track from set purses, tire brands, scheduling touring events, etc. and Mary Ann and the Bakers are making so much profit, why don’t you invest your money and buy HMP from the Bakers and prove to yourself and TXSZ how financially sound your opinions are. Of course, that might interfere with your 20 minute drive to your local race track. I would speculate that if HMP paid your gas, hotel, provided pay for your crew and guaranteed you show up money and a million dollar purse, you would still find some negative reason to stay within 20 minutes from your house.

Is it just me or does anyone else see through this self serving crap?

In life you have two choices when dealing with people, argue at their level or rise above and be the better person. From your post I see which position you have chosen.

Negativity towards the track on TXSZ is not a good thing, I’m just as guilty as the next guy for writing negative posts about events that didn’t make sense to me or just flat out looked bad in my opinion.

Crazyhorse has his opinions, good, bad or self serving he has every right to express them. It shouldn’t matter if he is the 2005 USRA champion or a truck that finished two laps down every race. I think you’re missing the point, he is addressing his concerns about what is being proposed.

Also, may be it is true that the Bakers have more passion about racing than all of us combined (that’s your opinion), but how can you NOT understand why racers in Texas are defensive when people come out and propose anything (J&S Promotion, need I say more). I would also rethink your statement regarding the previous owner of HMP, from what I’ve been told, he may not be the best person to use as an example to represent the racing community. He is the one, who decided to through out the purses and race for trophies, that went over real BIG!!

You stated that there are only two asphalt track left in Texas and they are fighting to stay open. I don’t know of any business that 3 out the 5 in business close and business doesn’t pick up for the remaining 2. That tells me something and it’s nothing good. I’m sure the racers in Texas could give you a laundry list of ways they feel they have been taken advantage of, some true, some not so true. In the end everything Crazyhorse is saying is just an objection, you should expect it and overcome it. Then expect another one and another one, it’s no different then any other business.

JMO

The Bakers have made a big investment in HMP, but don’t discount the sacrifice most racers make to race their cars.

If Rusty really had sponsors to cover most of the purse for the truck races at HMP and THR, do you think Graham and Mary Ann would have turned him down? Empty promises and pipe dreams by promoters have put many series and tracks out of business.

Apparently you dont know the facts. They didnt turn me down. They said I could still have my dates and run in conjunction with the local truck class. They did this becuase they were told by truck owners that they didnt want a touring series and Graham had already siad OK, so maybe he jumped the gun by saying he would cut back the schedule and let me run with it, but he already made promises to a few of the Houston area truck guys to run a full schedule. So THR decided to follow suit. I did have sponsors and if you will pm me I will give you the information for the contingicy program I had set up, the other companies I had talked to are my contacts that I will use to gain Sponsor money for next year hopefully, so you cant have those.

So when did this thread become about the Tracks anyway, Its about the trucks and what it would take to get the counts up and no one, including Horse, said anything negative about any track.

Brent, there was going to be more than one, I had 4 at THR, 6 at HMP and 2 at CCMS, but the information I recieved indicated that some Houston area trucks didnt want it(see above). So you can see that I had more hmp races scheduled than anywhere, but with the showing of this year I would think less would be more appropriate.

So, lets leave the tracks out of it..

Amen Brother, see ya sat.

Speeddemon , I did exactly that had sponsors lined up schedule all filled and agreed upon and then the commitie told graham that they wanted to be a local series (terry Mcoul in particular) so graham told me that is what he was going to do and pulled the race dates I had negotiated with him and then THR followed suit. Go figure all I asked for was 75% of the back gate to help pay the purse, pretty much like it is now except there woulda been some one to promote the series(me). there are just way to many classes for the tracks to be able to get sponsor money for the old usra series and there regular classes plus sas cars just has to be overwhelming. the trucks and mods need a head of state to work just for them or they are never going to grow.

Rusty,

I am not trying to start an arguement, but you said that HMP did pull the dates, then they didn't. I think we are all confused. I know for a fact that HMP offered the 75% and you wanted the full purse. This was told to me right after all this happened. You had a sponsor lined up for the entire season??? Well, bring him on for 2008. No one likes secretive stuff, if you don't wanna do it, let us know so someone can get this series started. HMP has said before, that if the drivers didn't want to run the entire 16 race schedule, they would pull some races. No one stepped up. You had a good idea, but you came with it only after USRA folded, the season started, and HMP already had their schedule. The only thing HMP was add the dates they had taken away that conflicted with USRA.

Look, I am done with that, just go with what you were told, it was very complicated and I dont feel like typing it out.

I could give you my contacts, but I am going to try and use them for my own sponsorship, Thank You very much.

I will only be able to do what is in my budget and most of my budget comes from winnings, they are very important to my survival at the track, without them i could not race and there would be one less truck. so I suggested something that I know will net like three new trucks at HMP maybe more next year and that is like only 4-5 races that is doable for someone on a shoestring budget, but I was told that would not be fair, so keep 8-? ever races at HMP and run with whoever shows up, I cant do it that many times and I think 4 is stretching it. When we toured we would only hit tracks 3-4 times a year. you guys can schedule whatever you want just keep in mind it is what can benifit most of the people most of the time that will get counts and purses up.

You had a good idea, but you came with it only after USRA folded, the season started, and HMP already had their schedule.

Luckily for the SAS drivers THR changed their schedule to accomidate more cars. Thanks Mary Ann and H.

Archived