We need a good truck showing

firemdk

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so... we broke the mini-spool and it spun on the RR axle. I told my crew I would give them a ride this year so I'll ask them if they want this to be their weekend, but right now the answer is 95% no but maybe. If we do go I won't be driving...

Although with Jim not racing this is my chance to catch him in the points. Now if HMP would only doulbe, or triple actually they need to hextuple (multiply 6 times) the points for the Oct 6th race... then I'd be up there with Jim. ;)

Jim remember our deal about the skittles, I'll give you 3 bags to Rusty's 2 or double whatever he's offering. :lol:

I disagree, I don't think we need to get rid of the crate motors. I think we've seen this year that we're all pretty even. I don't worry about whether or not someone has a crate motor. Plus it is a cheap option for someone who doesn't want to fool with the motors part of racing. This gets people who don't have the engine knowledge in the game and able to be fast without thinking their being beat by engines vs driving/setup.

I think we just need some consistency... there are some trucks for sale really cheap. And at the specatular the trucks put on a pretty good show there was lots of racing going on the whole time. I think we just need to leave it alone for another year.

As for the number of races, I think 16 (split between the track) is really the max that is good for the series. Not everyone has money or time to race more than that.

Cameron

Cameron,

I will agree on the motor thing with one addition. We need to make sure that the guys running the 302, 305, 318 motors don't have a disadvantage. We will need to look at the lap times vs. the two packages and decide what is best for the class as a whole which might end up being a weight addition to the trucks with crate motors.

I'm working on a sponsor for a truck series and I agree 16 races split is a good round number. I need to know who out of the truck owners will commit to 16 races next season with 8 at HMP and 8 at THR. I'm going to put a list together and when I talk to the potential sponsors I have to have numbers of trucks.

Thanks,

I need to know who out of the truck owners will commit to 16 races next season with 8 at HMP and 8 at THR. I'm going to put a list together and when I talk to the potential sponsors I have to have numbers of trucks.

Thanks,

I am wishing you all the luck, we really want the truck series to be a series again, but I think we need more than 2 tracks to race at. I contacted everyone and could not get all to commit, in fact I think only 4 guys did. I couldn't work as hard as I was for a 4 truck showing.

I know if Rusty still has his truck, he would commit as long as he is racing with more than 10 trucks and it's not for 75% of the back gate but a definite purse instead. Sorry to say guys, racing is an expensive hobby and I just won't let our money go into it anymore!

Oh and I am with gunner, 10 races is probably plenty, it gives us weekends to do things together.

firemdk, You want to add weight to the crate motors? they havent won a race yet at THR, but go ahead and strap on 50# if you like, In my opinion the rules are perfect the way they are lap times are really close and the racing has been good.

An even split between the tracks? I think more like 70/30 THR gets like 2 to 3 times the count as HMP, it should be more like 10 THR and 4 to 5 HMP and I believe you will see the counts stay up through the year.

Once the truck count stabalizes at both tracks then think about adding more to the HMP schedule, It just seems logical

I'm not saying we have to strap weight to the crate motors I'm just saying we need to make sure they are fair. Here at HMP the only trucks that have won have been crate motor trucks so there's the difference. As for schedule, why should we travel that much but the THR trucks won't travel. It costs us just as much to go there with fuel, hotel and such as it does for you guys to come here. I think if we're going to do a schedule to be fair to all it has to be split.

not true if you were to race THR the likelyhood of winning more $$ is present. Example tow from houston 150-200 for diesel extra over the usual entry and such and you win with 10-14 trucks it is a payday from 350-500, you can make $$ or break even, spend the same $$$ goto HMP race with 2-5 trucks and get paid 100-200. I guaranty you wont be going all that often and you definatly wouldnt do it 16 times for points when you can do it 6-8 times in your own backyard for points, lets face it no one wants to travel 2-3 hours to race 2 trucks for 15 laps for 75.00 to win. Lets do what makes sense not whats fair. I am sorry you bought a truck for a track that doesnt have the support for your class with either count or pay and that makes it tough. THR has the count and the pay to support out of town racers if only 3-4 from HMP would show up we would have 13-17 trucks and if 3-4 from austin went to HMP you would still only have 5-9 trucks and that barely cuts the mustard. so it stands to reason that THR should have more of the races. if it were the other way around I wouldve traveled to houston this year, but its not.

On edit I dont think any 305's have raced HMP and only 305's have won at thr the 30-1win 38-2 wins 07- 2 wins

Yeah I agree I like the 10 race schedule but I was saying as a rule of thumb no more than 16 because money and longevity of equipement becomes the issue effecting car counts.

As for the crate motors, I think we are pretty close but I'm with Rusty lets bolt 150# on them. :P

In my opinion the rules are perfect the way they are lap times are really close and the racing has been good.

I have to agree, I got to watch most of the truck race from the stands and there was a lot of close quarters racing. It was exciting and even the rookie drivers weren't far behind... I really think the series will come around. If the trucks for sale get sold or raced... like I said if anyone is interested I know where several are sitting ready to race or with minor work for very very cheap. I wish I had the money I'd buy me another one and drive them both.

10 race's is plenty. Race once or twice a month, don't have to kill yourself. Not so hard on the wallet. That's one of the reason's I like TSRS. 7 @ Kyle, 3 in Houston, due to the truck count now. Might get some more to pull to HMP.

Run the same races as TSRS. it would be easy on the wallet like you said and you might see 10+ show up @ HMP

chad is right,,,,,,,,,Dickerson did that specific thing with LM and trucks for that very reason. you'd be suprised (maybe) what new trucks may come in that are associated with a tsrs car.

A 10 race schedule would be good, especially if it was the same as the TSRS schedule. The SLMs and trucks always seemed to be a good mix and would probably still have the best potential to pull in the fans.

First off Congrats to Brent Bell for winning at HMP tonight. Brent ran a great race and no cautions, we all had a blast. Here's the business part. Talked to Graham today about the schedule for the trucks. He said that if the Truck Series is not on their regular schedule then he will not allow 2 touring series to be at the track on the same night. This would eliminate the discussion of running on the same nights as TSRS. Now, we could goto him with some dates that are not TSRS nights to be in the show but we need to assure him that we will have a good turnout. We need to start getting some ideas of what people are willing to do for next season. I don't think 10 races is enough I personally would like to see 15 but we need to look at dates and special events for the tracks. Please let me know some ideas (realistic) on dates and how many trucks will actually step up and do the series. I'm going to get with Graham in the next few weeks to discuss everyone's ideas with him and then I'll talk to Mary Ann. I can't goto him and get any kind of good deal for the trucks if I can't promise him a good show.

Anyone can e-mail me or pm me with their ideas and I'll put them together and give them to Graham and Mary Ann or have a conference call with the two of them to get it sorted out. We had an absolute ball tonight and the race was perfect. The staff at HMP did a great job getting the event off and I thank them for that.

Lastly, the last race of the season here is to benefit MDA. Can we PLEASE!!!!!!! (I hate to beg) get a good showing from the truck class? I would really like to end the season on a good note out here.

Thanks,

Mooooooooo......

maybe soooooooo..........

will not allow two touring series at the track in one night? well, that certainly puts a stop to that and for anyone that can add two and two i guess it's pretty much obvious what stopped USRA in it's tracks.

we will run trucks next season,,,,,,,,,,at THR.

HMP is a nice track,,,,that was build primarily for bigger shows, at one time it was sworn he would not run local classes or weekly programs (too redneck,,,,,i guess - not enough income i suppose).

if i'm not mistaken ,are the tX trucks not based out of HMP (local class) ?. it's his series he wanted it ,he claimed it.

NEWS FLASH- there are only two tracks,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing is a touring series anymore. maybe the 'sooner' :lol: we get that cleared up we can get those junk a@$ goodyears abolished as well , THR runs HOOSIER 970.

EDITED IN-

Mooooooooo.

Archived