Statement concerning J & S Racing Promotions

speed demon 7

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice call Arthur.

Guys, don't feel sorry for me, I just want everyone to remember what can and has happened. I am NOT the only person who has been SCREWED or DUPED? Feel sorry for the racers and fans in Corpus, they are the ones who are suffering. I am able to continue racing. I race with a great bunch of racers, I race at an awsome facility owned by an awsome owner who has been very helpful in doing what I have done this year. I will race on, and I believe that CC Speedway will reopen again. I do believe that the silence from the OWNERS has buried any chance to re open under their ownership. Who knows, maybe they will change everyones minds, but the longer they wait, the less likely people will trust their intentions.

Guys, don't feel sorry for me, I just want everyone to remember what can and has happened. I am NOT the only person who has been SCREWED or DUPED? Feel sorry for the racers and fans in Corpus, they are the ones who are suffering. I am able to continue racing. I race with a great bunch of racers, I race at an awsome facility owned by an awsome owner who has been very helpful in doing what I have done this year. I will race on, and I believe that CC Speedway will reopen again. I do believe that the silence from the OWNERS has buried any chance to re open under their ownership. Who knows, maybe they will change everyones minds, but the longer they wait, the less likely people will trust their intentions.

Arthur, I like many others am in your corner, but I do disagree on the silence of the owners part. If they had asked for my advice and they didn't, I would have suggested that the talk less and do more. All the promises in the world will do no good if they are not followed through on, whether it's intentional or accidental and unpreventable. They don't need to announce that they are sending checks that will clear. They can just send them and the racers will see to it that everyone knows about it.

And I just read where they are apparently throwing in the towel. They could still make a comeback, but they would have to mend those fences first. Hopefully they will.

By silence, I meant in terms of opening the track and the schedule. Paying the drivers part should be silent, until after they are paid. But as for letting the drivers know what is going on with the track, they should be very vocal, its called advertising, without it, no one knows what is going on.

Nick, do you know something everyone else doesn't know???

Arthur, I like many others am in your corner, but I do disagree on the silence of the owners part.

Is "owners" the Yocums of Walton?

In that particular case, I was referring to the Waltons.

By silence, I meant in terms of opening the track and the schedule. Paying the drivers part should be silent, until after they are paid. But as for letting the drivers know what is going on with the track, they should be very vocal, its called advertising, without it, no one knows what is going on.

Nick, do you know something everyone else doesn't know???

I see your point, but now in hindsight, the silence in my opinion was still the better option. The advertising should only be done when they were sure they would be able to pull it off and evidently that wasn't the case.

...Nick, do you know something everyone else doesn't know???

I wish I did, but I don't.

All I know is that Carol Yocum announced this morning that Shelma had cancelled the contract to purchase CC Speedway.

that my friend 's is wonderfull news ..lets have a comeing back party .for the yocums ... thow she wants and needs to retire ..[ meaning needs ] to take care of don and relax ..she has put her time into that track ..now for my big wish list ...please hire back rick and deb .if you can get them ..and ill help where i can ..lets get the track up and going again ..maybe not this year except to finish the points ..and as for [ THEM .] HAVE A BETTER LIFE ..... MOVE ON .DONT OPEN TRACKS IN TEXAS ..PAY WHAT YOU OWE ..AND JOIN US AS FANS .. YOU HAD A DREAM AND WOKE UP ..ITS OVER ...

if they still own the track then it is good news for the local corpus racers. they as in the yocums. if they own the track and get rick and debbie to run the track, it will be a win win for corpus.

i wonder if smokin alley is still going to open?

As per Carol’s post today the Yocums do once again own the track. It would be great to be able to hire Rick and Debbie to run the track but I can tell you from personnel observation the finances prohibit that from happening. Even though CC Speedway has made money in the past this season has not worked out on many fronts. I also am glad Shelma has agreed to drop her contract but I also feel bad for the Yocums as I know how happy they were when they signed the deal to sell and know how much they wanted to retire. Even though this racing season did not end well I hope and pray that it all works out so the track we all love can once again be up and racing next season.

i wonder if smokin alley is still going to open?

From what I have observed I would not hold my breath on that deal happening.

Archived