Statement concerning J & S Racing Promotions

speed demon 7

never met arthur, but he seems like a stand up guy. i know for a fact that debbie and rick are stand up folks. so if they are baling on the j&s ship, this deal must be a scam. as far as them turning it over, if they legally own it, it doesnt matter what we hope they do with it. they can do whatever they please. if they are planing on running next season, it is going to be pretty hard for them to do it without racers and fans. maybe it is time to give the ole channel 6 news a call now and see if ya'll get your answers you deserve.

forgot to say, it is a shame that some folks were crucified on here regarding this issue because they were expressing their gut feeling from the start and turned out to be right all along. seems they deserve at least an apology. jmo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please do NOT count CC Speedway out just yet. The Yocum's, driver's(this does include all the out of town drivers that came down here this year), wives, husbands, girlfiriends, boyfriends, sponsers etc, all pulled together this year to keep CC Speedway opened. Don't see why we can't do it again next year no matter who owns or is running the track. We are a very determined bunch down here, knock us down and we will come up twice as strong. I wish good luck to whoever is in charge of the track next year.

thank you

wife of 17 thunder

...forgot to say, it is a shame that some folks were crucified on here regarding this issue because they were expressing their gut feeling from the start and turned out to be right all along. seems they deserve at least an apology. jmo

If you are referring to the edits I made to remove bashes from any posts in this whole mess, I stand by them. No matter who was right - those who encouraged J & S or those who did not - the bashes were removed without regard to which side of the aisle people were posting from. I know it doesn't feel good to have a post edited or removed, but I hope I handled the editing fairly. If not, I apologize and will submit my resignation if requested by the site owner.

If you are referring to others who had different opinions than those who you feel were "crucified," they have as much right to express their opinion (within TXSZ guidelines, of course).

Nick Holt

I don't think anybody owes anybody else an apology. I was one of the first to be vocally skeptical regarding J&S, but I don't think I ever "bashed" them or was bashed for expressing my feelings. I don't hold anyone who has supported them in any lesser light. What we all need to do right now is stick together as racers and fans and support the few tracks we do have left. I really hope CC speedway comes out of this OK in the long run for the sake of its racers and fans. We'd like to run again there someday, but it will only happen under the right owners.

nick noone wants you to retire ..sorry if i make your payless job hard ..over all you do a fine job .even if its me you clear off ...i .we know this is a really tough one for you .and we are working you over time ..this will settle down soon we hope ..and make your life easier ..i say all of us pitch in after this quiets down and give nick a paid motel room somewhere where there is no internet ... he deserves it ..and this is no joke ...

Someone recently told me in a pm,that I was eternally optimistic.I would have to say that I try to stay as positive about things as anyone out there(maybe to a fault),but if what is transpiring is for real(and it is hard to argue that it isn't),then I think stock car racing in Texas is in real trouble.I look at the people on here that were being cautious(even though what they said came out as negative sounding bashes),and think to myself,how in the world are any of them(racers/sponsors/and fans alike),going to ever trust anyone again.I do have one friend that can atest that,in private,I told him I knew the SAS track owner's pockets were not nearly as deep as he tried to make them out to be,when he asked for volunteers to paint the grandstands.Anyone with the backing he was supposed to have would have just hired a professional company and paid the $10,000 or whatever to quickly have it done.You won't find that in any post I have made on this forum,because I would have considered it an untimely bash when I was really hoping he was for real.As far as J&S,it seemed to me that it was awefully fishy that someone that proclaimed they had enough money to build a 3,000 acre multi-use racing facility,yet only paid the winners in the opening night of racing just a few hundred dollars each.There again,I have stated my disbelief to people in private,because on this forum it would have been considered a bash,and I was really,really,hoping I was wrong again.Appearently,unless something changes soon,my gut feelings were right.

I will admit and give cudos to the people that went with their gut instinct,and are appearently correct in their assumptions,but I will stand behind my opposition to all of the negativity that I read on this forum.

Like I told that person that pm'd me....control the negativity...give someone a chance to fail or succeed....and always,always keep your wallet closed.

As a fan,I would like to say I am sorry to hear about all of the people that were taken(if they really are)and I hope J&S makes restitution to you all even if they drop out of the racing scene.

Is there any chance that J&S will come out of this swinging and get everything rolling straight?I sure hope so...with a very small glimmer of hope.

CYA at the races!!!!

not really speaking about the edits nick. you have a job to do and you do a great job. if what they said was a bash, then it is your job to remove it, no problem with that. however for someone to post their concerns, or ask repeated questions and not receive anwers, and then for other folks to jump down their neck for coming across as negative, it isnt cool. sure what they may have said could be considered negative, but the world isnt made of cherrys and gumdrops. without the negative, it is hard to improve and make it positive. to just want to look at everything thru rose colored glasses and try to sweep the "negative" issues (no check, bounced checks, no tires, etc. etc.) under the rug, does no good to the folks who do not know better. the real kicker in all of this is that they used rick and debbie to gain credibility from all of the fans and drivers, so they can swindle them out of their hard earned money. rick and debbie are too good of people to be used like that. anyway, i didnt say that people have to apologize, i just said that it would be a nice gesture to do so.

check ur pms nick.........it wasnt towards you....hell,,,i like edits. i wanna go for the edited by nick holt cup.....and like chase said nobody owes anybody anything, it's a site , with different opinions from all angles and perhaps that's what makes it what it is,,,,[clearing my throat] THE TEXAS SPEED ZONE (in my best suNDAY sUNDAY SUNDAY!!!! voice).

johnny- i heard the goat has developed liver issues? maybe vodka and o.j. would be better than scotch and water.

Thanks for the positive feedback. It makes a difference. It's been a real draining experience trying to balance the angry concerns of some with the "cherries and gumdrop" wait-and-see outlook of others.

However, nobody swept anything under a rug. To the best of my knowledge, the only things that were edited or deleted were personal bashes against individuals, bad language or outright rudeness. Just go back over the threads that have dealt with this whole J & S deal. It's all right there for anyone to read.

Of course, there were posts responding to the bashes that were removed right along with the bashes. They no longer made sense without the original post still up. For that I do apologize, but also recognize that it's just part of the price we all pay - including me - to keep this place from becoming Bashers103.

I'm getting tired. Can you tell?

Nick

I just wonder about all the folks that showed up at our gate Sunday,with showcars on trailers that had paid in advanced to participate in the 1st Annual Motorfest and didnt have a blanking clue that it had been cancelled.I felt for them.The thing that uspsets me,these people that showed up with there showcars get the impression that it was SAR that put the screws to them,not [edited out by Nick Holt, 8/31/-07] J&S.What strikes me about these J&S people that is very funny,nearly every thing they plan,they cancel for some reason.You might fool some people,but for somebody like me that travels the country,going from track to track,talking to and working for some of the most sucessful owners and promoters in the business like the Bader Family as an example,and seeing the inter workings of the racing industry, what goes on and how it works and the amounts of money in the tens and sometimes hundreds of millions that it takes to build,maintain tracks and host events,there was no way that J&S wasn't going to do anything [edited out by Nick Holt, 8/31/07] when they didnt know a damn thing about the RACING BUSINESS,PERIOD.Shelma,you said in one of your releases you got into racing because you got tired of dealing with criminals all the time,well do us a favor and go back to dealing with them,[edited out by Nick Holt, 8/31/07]

...forgot to say, it is a shame that some folks were crucified on here regarding this issue because they were expressing their gut feeling from the start and turned out to be right all along. seems they deserve at least an apology. jmo

If you are referring to the edits I made to remove bashes from any posts in this whole mess, I stand by them. No matter who was right - those who encouraged J & S or those who did not - the bashes were removed without regard to which side of the aisle people were posting from. I know it doesn't feel good to have a post edited or removed, but I hope I handled the editing fairly. If not, I apologize and will submit my resignation if requested by the site owner.

If you are referring to others who had different opinions than those who you feel were "crucified," they have as much right to express their opinion (within TXSZ guidelines, of course).

Nick Holt

i said what i thought might be going on and it was deleted. No hurt feelings here i was out of line and you called it like you saw it just doing what you do. One of these days you might have to do it again if i get carried way..if its out of line then its out of line .

Everyone deserves an 80th chance.....

give them a chance there might be some clouds for sale that we could get from them. also did they buy the track outright or is there a chance that Don and Carol can save it??

anybody wanna buy sponsership on a cloud or gust of wind might be the same. Sorry if this sounds like a bash but.

ALSO Mr. Holt you are doing a great job so feel free to edit or delete this if you need to.

Guys,

what J and S did is wrong, and if even if they do make things right and pay everyone, they will have a hard time being trusted again. But this is not somethieng new. This is what has given short track racing and racing in general a black eye. 360 OTC has several lawsuits against them from NASCAR and ARCA teams for bounced checks and I think even the World of Outlaws for over 4 million for the title sponsorship contract. It is wrong, but it is happening all over. BUT, it has also happened on the other side. There are drivers out there that get sponsors and don't do anything with them. I have heard so many times from businesses that they GOT BURNED by a racer. We need to make sure that if and when we get a sponsor, we keep in touch with them. Give them a call the week after your race and let them know how you did. Send them pictures, plaques, newspaper clippings, whatever else you have to give them to make them feel that they are getting there moneys worth. If you do a display, take a couple pictures and show them that you were showing off the car, with there name on it.

Tomorrow, I am doing an interview on ESPN radio and I will be sure to mention everyone of my sponsors. I will also send a recording to those sponsors so they can here it. I give my sponsors plaques, mouse pads, pictures, clocks, and other good stuff to make sure they remember me. I have it good, my company, SDRphoto.com, makes all that stuff so I get them pretty darn cheap. But spend the money on stuff for your sponsors to ensure that they come back next year.

OH, and before anyone asks, NO< J and S will not be mentioned on the radio!

Again, thanks for all your support, all the phone calls, e-mails, and pm's have made me feel better about my involvement with j and s and I am glad that I still have some credebility with some of you.

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend. I am going to try to extend my points lead tomorrow, and then off to the dirt track after that. Sponsor hunting season begins on monday for next season.

Didnt James Beasely run in the truck series a few years ago? I think the 69 truck? S.P. I received alot of wrath a year or two ago because I didnt jump on the banwagon and well we all see what happened, huh Jason?..lol.. We still have THR and HMP, thats where our support should be... Just a broke ass driver lookn for tires can anybody help me out 2morrow?

Let's go over sponsorship. We have sponsors,, those sponsors have sponsored us,, as the racing promotion company.. every one understand that.... o.k... now... We ( J and S Racing Promotions ) sponsors the driver/ owner, tracks, racing events, and so on.... Youth to Adults.. everyone understand... But, we have a package we go over with you.. you have to sign up legally for us to promote and sponsor you.... yes it will cost you $ 20.00 per month for administration fee's... administrations fees,, photos, data entry, stamps, paper, travel and so..... everyone understand... So it doesn't matter who the sponsor is,, we sponsor the drivers/owners , tracks and so on....

Questions email or call us

Shelma

Ps. One reason you have to set an appointment is everything is confidential ,,WE have rules that comes with that package,, as in example,, no felonies, no assault,, No ugly criminal record....

So we would rather it be private, so you might want to explain,,,,and not to the world...

QUOTE(termite#99 @ May 6 2007, 09:50 PM)

The $20 is for admin fees and the way it works is that a group of people will get your info and try to get you sponsorships.

That sounds promising.

Termite,

We have sponsors already,, we don't search out,, our phone rings from my other contacts through business

Shelma

Your information does not leave my office,,,and we don't need to try....

--------------------

J and S Racing Promotions

www.jandsracingpromotions.com

Shelma@jsracingpromotions.com

210-218-7655

Corpus Christi Speedway

Corpuschristispeedway.net

1-361-289-8847

( Where Dreams Do Come True ) This post was made May,6th by TXenergy--Oh my,how "ironic" life can be!!!!!!!

Archived