Awesome Sprint Car Ride!

toyman85

For anyone who has ever wondered how awesome a World of Outlaws ride would be, here is one. Sorry, I know this isn't "our" kind of racing down here in this part of Texas, but if this doesn't get the blood pumpin no matter what kind of racing you do, check your pulse. Turn up the volume! Watch this guys hands and listen to those RPM's!! D.

http://www.dirt-trackin.com/cinema/Mackiso...Heat%204_15.wmv

Edited by toyman85

Reb, I would be first in line to drive a full blown, winged, super modified. Those guys are fearless that do. I grew up watching the likes of Herb Copeland, Dale Reed, Frankie Lies, Harold Leep and many others drive supers and sprint cars at 81 Speedway in Wichita, Hutchinson, and the worlds fastest half mile track - Bellville High Banks up in Kansas. My most memorable driver was Jan Opperman. He was the first and only "outlaw" in my book!

The video is pretty neat but it doesn't even come close to the real thing. Haveing drove them for several years I can tell you that there is nothing to compare to the rush you get driving one. If you ever get a chance to ride in 2seater one go for it. You will never regret it. Just make sure you tell the driver to get with the program. (Not for the weak hearted) Kind of like that first bungee jump into royal gorge but it goes on for laps and laps.

The video is pretty neat but it doesn't even come close to the real thing. Haveing drove them for several years I can tell you that there is nothing to compare to the rush you get driving one. If you ever get a chance to ride in 2seater one go for it. You will never regret it. Just make sure you tell the driver to get with the program. (Not for the weak hearted) Kind of like that first bungee jump into royal gorge but it goes on for laps and laps

how do you remember, your almost as old as tom

big john

These are not for the weak of stomach either. I grew up watching my Dad race sprint cars. I'm sure you've seen what happens if you get off the ground...you're going for the badest a-- carnival ride you've ever been on.

I know the driver, and know the track - that's HOME SWEET HOME!

Thanks for that!

I grew up around open wheel modifieds - then then the guy we were helping was offered a sprint car ride. We traveled with him on the URC tour (back then they travled through NY, NJ, PA and DE, and they ran smaller motors, smaller wings on top, and no front wing). They were unable to keep up with the traveling so it was decided to try running one of the weekly shows in PA.

But we had no idea what we were in for when we made that 1st trip to a Central PA track in Selinsgrove.....they opened them up for hot laps and it was just pure amazement on everybody's face....I think that was the first time I ever heard my mother swear...."HOLY S*&T"!!!! It's one thing when you're a fan and enjoying the race - it's another when someone you know is in one of those things....