Here’s a look behind the scenes of the 2021 NASCAR event shakeup; Frustration from former NASCAR team owner

rebelracewriter

https://racingnews.co/2020/11/30/the-bristol-dirt-race-was-put-to-a-vote-the-alternatives-were-too-expensive-forcing-a-nascar-dirt-track/amp/?fbclid=IwAR1s7VR8sGb_Ip10FmLdMVldw8QEm60yF6qMpO-8cYU4tyLSHoVJ0hmeIMY

“Problematic is that NASCAR never admits there is a problem, numbers are good , we are good. Like an addict you have to admit your problem before you can address the problem.”----Bob Leavine

The race is going to be horrible. Leave the dirt racing to the dirt series. Race a dirt race on a dirt track that can handle it if it's needed. If I want to see a dirt race I'll watch WOO or one of those series that do it well every night a week. When it comes to Cup as long as I've been alive they race on pavement, and I'm old so I'll stick to that and be good.

22 minutes ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

The race is going to be horrible. Leave the dirt racing to the dirt series. Race a dirt race on a dirt track that can handle it if it's needed. If I want to see a dirt race I'll watch WOO or one of those series that do it well every night a week. When it comes to Cup as long as I've been alive they race on pavement, and I'm old so I'll stick to that and be good.

Amen, nascar cup series is the highest form of stock car racing there is, on asphalt, like it or not. And that is where it needs to stay, is on asphalt. 

I have been told by some folks FOX was the driving force with this BMS dirt deal FOX apparently wanted to give folks what they were asking for which was dirt. I'd have thought Eldora as a spot but I think Tony Stewart is poking the big bear with his new series although it will not be competition for Cup races or racers but Knoxville became a great landing spot for trucks.

These TV dollars are massive and I have felt for some time it is a PPV now in the sense for FS1/NBCSN you are having to have "cable" for these packages when they shift to those alternative networks. At some point, I think NASCAR will take a look at what Speed51, DirtVision, Sports Gold, and all of these people are doing and possibly so that route of building their own. They actually already have it but so much content is consumed away from a TV on the move these days. The NFL is the boss but the NBA, MLB, MLS hell even golf have captured the digital on-demand fever. With the NASCAR app, you can get it all except a TV/video feed but that will change I think.

Hell who knows its a new world that keeps evolving and this pandemic is showing us new ways with tech stuff.

I agree with Rodney and the rest. I have been to literally hundreds of dirt races with Imca Modifieds and there was dust and dry slicks at 15 laps.

Is this race gonna be 500 laps? Even at half that.....no way that track is staying together unless its some "experimental and synthetic clay" (Doubtful)

20 hours ago, King237 said:

I agree with Rodney and the rest. I have been to literally hundreds of dirt races with Imca Modifieds and there was dust and dry slicks at 15 laps.

Is this race gonna be 500 laps? Even at half that.....no way that track is staying together unless its some "experimental and synthetic clay" (Doubtful)

just think what happens when it rubbers down ..