TSTRS/HMP BIG THANKS

RodneyRodriguez

Well hell we got a season in with momentum towards 2020! Talk about Life Support Gina Schild Knowles must be a Paramedic because her passion and work have taken us off life support as Texas asphalt racing people, THANK YOU GINA!!

Big love to the teams that have made their way to the track this season. Car count trending upwards the racing has been great I have always said I'd rather watch 10-12 cars/trucks in a great race than 20 strung out, we will get there. So awesome to see guys like Joe Aramendia, Kenny Hurley, Paul Reyes etc begin to make their way back I know it's tough to know if this will all work out and not cheap to get these pieces put back together so seems folks are believing in this regime.

The reason for this post was actually to give huge props to the Super Stocks! Trace this back there have been many posts about the status of this class and I ran my big mouth here last week for cars to come and they did! We started 12 damn cars that's some progress! Even better I asked for some Pro Stocks and they came! BTW those stock cars look bad ass out there.

Getting there y'all, we've done it before and we will do it even better this time. Look forward to a great 2020 of Kickin' Asphalt with TSTRS & HMP!

I had a great time bringing the 55 back out for the Super Stocks. She's slow but was stored for over 2 years; just glad she drove up on the trailer after the race. More importantly it was great to be part of a class that had one of the best car counts of the year! Great progression guys!

And, kudos to my son in the 22! Car was badfast!

Many, many thanks to Gina and her team!

Ahhh… Progress !!!!  that's what I personally have been waiting to hear for a long time now.   Yes,  thanks For John & Brian of bringing their cars out to show off of what these Original HMP Pro-Stocks/ Street Stocks are capable of Doing.  These cars were Born to race at that beautiful 3/8 mile High-Banked race track, They were and still are a Natural at HMP....Yes,  again very much so....These Cars deserve a chance to race at HMP again.  They were a Fan Favorite at HMP,   Fun to drive, Cheap to Produce & Operate.... 

So great to see that some very important Ground Work has been laid out for Progress for the Pro-Stocks/ Street Stocks.  AS Rodney pointed out,  Yes the Super Stocks and the Pro-Stocks ARE two different car classes.  They are built different, & driven different....and of coarse COST different as well....

Well again, Thanks to John & Brian for coming out to strut the Pro-Stock stuff once again.  Hopefully this can pave the road for an Independent Street Stock/ Pro- Stock class of returning to our Home ….HMP very, very soon !!!

Thanks for your time LSSZ  members....

Edited by metroracer

Rodney we certainly appreciate the kind words and making sure all Super Stocks made the race wasn't easy by any means. My car didn't see the scales until Friday night and the 55 was still getting welded on Saturday morning! Not to mention all the challenges the 40, 51, 89, 24 had in the pits prior to the race. 

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a few new Super Stocks out there along with seeing Kenny get behind the wheel again. 

My car may have got tore up a bit but it's mostly cosmetic. I'm very enthusiastic about the 2020 season and look forward to another memorable year. 

I also very much appreciate the (3) Pro Stocks that made appearances this season, we know for a fact there is at least a few of you out there willing to race. 

23 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

Well hell we got a season in with momentum towards 2020! Talk about Life Support Gina Schild Knowles must be a Paramedic because her passion and work have taken us off life support as Texas asphalt racing people, THANK YOU GINA!!

Big love to the teams that have made their way to the track this season. Car count trending upwards the racing has been great I have always said I'd rather watch 10-12 cars/trucks in a great race than 20 strung out, we will get there. So awesome to see guys like Joe Aramendia, Kenny Hurley, Paul Reyes etc begin to make their way back I know it's tough to know if this will all work out and not cheap to get these pieces put back together so seems folks are believing in this regime.

The reason for this post was actually to give huge props to the Super Stocks! Trace this back there have been many posts about the status of this class and I ran my big mouth here last week for cars to come and they did! We started 12 damn cars that's some progress! Even better I asked for some Pro Stocks and they came! BTW those stock cars look bad ass out there.

Getting there y'all, we've done it before and we will do it even better this time. Look forward to a great 2020 of Kickin' Asphalt with TSTRS & HMP!

Hey Rodney.....You left out Legacy Driver "Del Harris" as one of the returning racers back to racing again at HMP...Del is a great long time Pro-Stock driver at HMP back in the early days & a L/S Legacy Series driver at CTS in recent years.   Good to see All of them back in the drivers seat once again....

Edited by metroracer