Living Legend 50th Anniversary Limited Modifieds @ 105 Speedway

Results from myracepass.....Sadly I was not there. 63 Limited Modifieds showed up from 3 states(Tx. La. Kan.). 6 heats, 2 C-mains, 2 B-mains to set the field.

LIMITED MODIFIED

A FEATURE 1

Finish Start # Competitor Hometown +/-

1 1 9 Shane Hebert, Scott, LA -

2 14 91 Jared Maupin, College Station, TX 12

3 2 53 Craig Oakes, Marshall, TX -1

4 11 199 Ryan Harris, Crosby, TX 7

5 3 F5 Skeet Amason, New Boston, TX -2

6 13 5W John Whittington, Vidor, TX 7

7 12 11X Johnny Torres, San Antonio, TX 5

8 4 23 Howard Willis, Willis, TX -4

9 19 101 Tanner Whitmire, Taft, TX 10

10 8 13B Bryce Reed, Brazoria, TX -2

11 9 21 David Lege Jr, Anderson, TX -2

12 21 21C Colton Davis, Prairieville, LA 9

13 22 751 Marcus Black, Lumberton, TX 9

14 20 41 Chad Hughes, Cold Spring, TX 6

15 23 46 Randy Bridges, Manvel, TX 8

16 5 15 Tracy Denby, Jr.  Vidor, TX -11

17 15 164 Jason Downey, Pearland, TX -2

18 7 14D Darrin Blake, New Waverly, TX -11

19 17 3 Garrett Higgins, New Waverly, TX -2

20 DNF 24 84 Justin Collins, Cleveland, TX 4

21 DNF 18 23S Ronny Smith, Buna, TX -3

22 DNF 6 25C Cody Smith, Kaufman, TX -16

23 DNF 10 E8 Ethan Bailes, Elizabeth, LA -13

24 DNF 25 93 Phillip Seals, Shepherd, TX 1

25 DNF 16 BD2 Daniel Preston, Corpus Christi, TX -9

26 DNF 26 64 Thomas Downey, Sr  Baytown, TX -

Edited by rebelracewriter

I was there, the 91 was incredibly fast, made a great run through the field. Not sure he would have been able to get around the 9 or not if he would have had a few more laps. The 9 led green to checkers, that usually happens for a reason.

In a short amount of time Jared Maupin has built quite a resume. And not only in one class. I've seen a lot of races and I'll say it now. Maupin will be the next big thing from Texas if he wants to be.The number 91 will be with the numbers 89 and 87 in Texas racing elites.

5 hours ago, arob said:

In a short amount of time Jared Maupin has built quite a resume. And not only in one class. I've seen a lot of races and I'll say it now. Maupin will be the next big thing from Texas if he wants to be.The number 91 will be with the numbers 89 and 87 in Texas racing elites.

Arob I haven’t seen him race probably as much as you have, but I have seen him race a couple different classes at Cotton Bowl. But the run he made Saturday through that stout of a field was fun to watch. The track was really rubbered up when they ran their feature, and he had that 91 hooked up on the bottom of the track. Looks like he might be pretty young as well?

7 hours ago, rebelracewriter said:

Jared is another young racer following in his fathers(Bobby) footsteps....I see him a lot at I-37, running sometimes in 3 classes...... The kid is fast in anything he gets in.....In 2022 he took home a lot of hardware at the I-37 awards banquet.

Well he was on rails Saturday night. After the limited race, they stopped all the cars that finished the feature on the front stretch, and all the drivers got out and did a group photo with Howard Willis. The 91 parked close to where I was sitting and I could tell he was a pretty young fella. 

the thing that surprised me the most is that when you have that many cars show up in one class, that creates a pretty stout field top to bottom in the A Main. It was an impressive run he had for sure.

4 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

He runs several classes and always up front. Shane Hebert has done pretty much everything possible in Modified and Late Model racing too. That was a stacked field for sure. Maupin is fun to watch and so was Bobby in his racing days. Nice people on top of their driving skills.

105 was packed Saturday night. They had a pretty lengthy delay to get the racing started, the ambulance had to take a spectator off the grounds for some sort of treatment. Had to wait for it to get back on the grounds. So it turned into a bit of a long night. They have a pretty good sized grandstand in the pit area, it was full as well as the main grandstand. Track was in perfect shape to start the races for as hot and dry as it is up here.