Xfinity

24nomo

5 hours ago, 24nomo said:

CW is paying Nascar $800,000,000 for the rights to broadcast the Xfinity series.   Who needs the seats man, what a cash cow

Cash cow for NASCAR. If TV ratings or attendance starts to dive again it will be harder for teams to find sponsors. Sponsors want ratings and attendance for their business to be seen or the bigger ones go away. Things are good now and we all hope it stays that way.

Edited by arob

1 hour ago, TBone said:

You probably don't pay $800,000,000 for something nobody wants.

When I go to an auction, I walk away if I think something is way over priced and it is not that big on my priority list. Also when I go to an auction, if there is something I want, I can promise you I take it home with me, no matter what it is worth. All in the eye of the beholder I guess. 

If FOX or NBC really wanted that series, I'm pretty confidant it doesn't end up in CW's hands.

Edited by rails

This is just Xfinity.  Keep in mind NASCAR is one of the only sports that televises tier 2 and tier 3.  I don't see the Sugarland Skeeters or Round Rock Express on TV, although the WNBA is somehow on TV.  

Not knocking Trucks/Xfinity but the way the series are viewed does matter. What's encouraging is if someone won the bidding war for that with Xfinity, I'd imagine the Cup deal will be solid.  

I'm curious what happens with Trucks or if they're going to try to pair it with Cup.

On 7/28/2023 at 3:21 PM, rails said:

When I go to an auction, I walk away if I think something is way over priced and it is not that big on my priority list. Also when I go to an auction, if there is something I want, I can promise you I take it home with me, no matter what it is worth. All in the eye of the beholder I guess. 

If FOX or NBC really wanted that series, I'm pretty confidant it doesn't end up in CW's hands.

I love to see the big boys lose.  CW is building the next beast.   I think that it is cool that Fox and NBC thinks that they are the only game in town.