Real Street Stock Asphalt Racing

Months ago Allen Alexander came to us at the Gulf Coast Racing Series with an idea and a purse to bring street stock race cars from the weeds to the track again. As usual the momentum continued and many other tracks followed the path and developed the idea as their own idea of this as well which is awesome to get some cars back on track.

We planned to kick this off this weekend at Mobile but the weather said no. Here is the difference with our HOSS (Hercules Oval Street Stock) division. We have a division in place, the Sportsman. Mostly metric cars that put on a great show what Allen did with the support of the existing class was to incorporate the cars that have not a place to race. GCRS/MIS is working with Montgomery Motor Speedway, South Alabama Speedway, 5 Flags Speedway and others to make this a true street stock landing spot, $750 to win, ease of access for tire rules and just good steak bodied racing for stock cars. Monte Carlos, Camaros, Novas, 108" and beyond wheelbase cars. Like it should be, super clear rules just like we all want. Texans, you have something like this bring it we will get you on the track and you WILL be competitive. Tires? Bring what you have. Remember the SAS Sportsman and Kyle Street Stocks, CC Speedway Super Stocks.. that's what I want.

Go to GulfCoastRacingSeries.com and click on the rules they are pretty simple and give you options. Help me/us make this class what it should be I promise you it will be worth your time and will be fun. 

Questions? Message us on the GCRS site and we will answer them. Let's go racing, like we used to.

https://www.gulfcoastracingseries.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2023-Street-Stock-Sportsman-REV-2-17-23.pdf

Edited by RodneyRodriguez

On 4/28/2023 at 7:56 PM, RodneyRodriguez said:

Months ago Allen Alexander came to us at the Gulf Coast Racing Series with an idea and a purse to bring street stock race cars from the weeds to the track again. As usual the momentum continued and many other tracks followed the path and developed the idea as their own idea of this as well which is awesome to get some cars back on track.

We planned to kick this off this weekend at Mobile but the weather said no. Here is the difference with our HOSS (Hercules Oval Street Stock) division. We have a division in place, the Sportsman. Mostly metric cars that put on a great show what Allen did with the support of the existing class was to incorporate the cars that have not a place to race. GCRS/MIS is working with Montgomery Motor Speedway, South Alabama Speedway, 5 Flags Speedway and others to make this a true street stock landing spot, $750 to win, ease of access for tire rules and just good steak bodied racing for stock cars. Monte Carlos, Camaros, Novas, 108" and beyond wheelbase cars. Like it should be, super clear rules just like we all want. Texans, you have something like this bring it we will get you on the track and you WILL be competitive. Tires? Bring what you have. Remember the SAS Sportsman and Kyle Street Stocks, CC Speedway Super Stocks.. that's what I want.

Go to GulfCoastRacingSeries.com and click on the rules they are pretty simple and give you options. Help me/us make this class what it should be I promise you it will be worth your time and will be fun. 

Questions? Message us on the GCRS site and we will answer them. Let's go racing, like we used to.

Edited by metroracer

I have for the life of me not figured out why someone hasn't scooped up this car for a Super Stock. This one would need to have the body replaced prob with the 81 Camaro body but as long as all the components are in stock locations or can be put back in stock locations it is a jewel for someone to jump on.

I'm really curious, if any new cars are getting built, or the old promoter is just using the arm emoji talking about how he knows 20 cars are getting built.

It would make sense to align with MIS and the other regions, I think Owen has enough common sense to do so unlike the previous promoter.

With that said I just wanted to thank the previous promoter for creating racing, building the track with his own two hands, and getting every car on track and every series across the country their start as he likes to take credit for. /sarcasm

Rodney what are you guys doing for tires over there?  I saw one the Georgia tracks running Coopers/BFG on the outside and you can run whatever you wanted on the inside to keep costs down which I thought was absolutely brilliant.

Agree but working together is a tough ask. We are on the American Racer tires, have been since no one else was great tire for the price. 

Well I will say that Owen Pittman at the helm is a great thing he will put his heart and soul in the deal. I would imagine if you wanted to run on the gulf coast in this class the rules re somewhat the same. Load em up and race. 

This is the thought process that I think would work for a late model touring series along the Gulf coast. There's got to be a lot of those cars that are sitting idle. Construct a simple set of rules, and make the tires the limiting factor. Rodney, I truly hope that this all works out for you all. 

19 hours ago, ron.brown11 said:

This is the thought process that I think would work for a late model touring series along the Gulf coast. There's got to be a lot of those cars that are sitting idle. Construct a simple set of rules, and make the tires the limiting factor. Rodney, I truly hope that this all works out for you all. 

>>> RIGHT ON <<<<  Setting Idle, or in Barns, or in the Weeds is a very BAD THING at Best.    Those Cars Need to Be on the Track Some How or Some Way.

Tracks should make their Rules "Inclusive" instead of "Exclusive"....   Like Think outside of the Box sort of,   Make Sure A Car is safe and For Sure Meets the Safety Rules for sure.   Or Weight Penalties for Minor Issues.....   It's More Important for Cars & Trucks on the TRACK at all Cost.   the Race Fans want to see CARS on the Track,  Where the Racers want Fair Purse Money.  Please lets find a way to meet Everybody's Needs.  = Full Stands & Full Pits.....

I have a Car that is Slightly Between the Rules at my local track,  I am just Itching to race in a New York Minute.....  But I am Not going to race with "Mixed Up" rules like the CTS Super Stock Rules years ago. You had  Street Stocks & the old TIDA chassis Limited Late Models racing Together...   

Thanks For Your Time....

June 10 their next race, don't shoot the messenger y'all just giving the premise of the mindset on this I don't work for HMP. There were 2 cars at Houston this weekend and I think 2 cars at I-37 with their version of this. Seems all the cars are still in the weeds.

4 hours ago, RodneyRodriguez said:

June 10 their next race, don't shoot the messenger y'all just giving the premise of the mindset on this I don't work for HMP. There were 2 cars at Houston this weekend and I think 2 cars at I-37 with their version of this. Seems all the cars are still in the weeds.

I suspect it is going to take a little time to grow the class, and the legends as well. But the 2 bootlegger cars that did show up and race did it door to door for the first 15 laps. Hopefully with Mr. Owen in charge, he can provide the consistency that the place needs in order for racers to invest money into something that they will have a place to race it at. That's the biggest issue I see.

The shocker of the night was the truck race, they tore up very little. That's out of character for them. The 96 was fast for sure.