North Wilkesboro Speedway

24nomo

You should have already assummed that that race was leaving TMS, no matter where it ended up. And if they don't start putting fans in the grandstands for the fall race, the only race they are left with, it will be gone to. Don't get me wrong, I will be at the fall race in a couple of weeks. But there have been attendance problems up in Ft. Worth for quite awhile now. 

And you are correct about Dale Jr., at the very least he has Marcus Smith's ear. But I don't think Wilkesboro gets revived without that big government grant that they got. That completely changed the economics of it. 

As someone who grew up with TMS, we stole that from Wilksboro.  TMS didn't stay full, the All Star Race is for the NASCAR community and teams, they're based out of Charlotte, I 110% support this move.  

With that said, a fall playoff race at TMS will be fun.  If you have the means, support it!

30 minutes ago, MikePeters95 said:

As someone who grew up with TMS, we stole that from Wilksboro.  TMS didn't stay full, the All Star Race is for the NASCAR community and teams, they're based out of Charlotte, I 110% support this move.  

With that said, a fall playoff race at TMS will be fun.  If you have the means, support it!

I will be in Ft. Worth for this race. Hope the weather is good. I will leave Ft. Worth and make my way to Talladega for the following race there. When I leave FT. Worth I will be going to Searcy Arkansas to get some work done to my motorhome. It is very close to Batesville, so we are going to run up to Batesville to Mark Martins museum he has at his Ford dealership up there. Looking forward to that. He is one of my favorites. 

Favorite Mark Martin moment was the wild ride in Talladega or Daytona when he went bouncing around the infield. He gets out and he's hunched over. When they get to him for the interview they ask him what caused the discomfort? He wittingly said the sub belt worked really well. Interviewer didn't know where to go after that.

On 9/12/2022 at 11:34 AM, rails said:

I will be in Ft. Worth for this race. Hope the weather is good. I will leave Ft. Worth and make my way to Talladega for the following race there. When I leave FT. Worth I will be going to Searcy Arkansas to get some work done to my motorhome. It is very close to Batesville, so we are going to run up to Batesville to Mark Martins museum he has at his Ford dealership up there. Looking forward to that. He is one of my favorites. 

That's awesome!  

the only reason that the track is doing anything is because of the government funding that was given to smi for the track.  SMI themselves even said it.  congrats on the track doing something but the government funding from covid has more to do with it than dale jr.