SAS & THR from Brian

Guest Brian L Callaway

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HMPFlagman

Key word in my orgional post was "was"

how SAS was supposed to close, THR was due to close,

never said they ARE closing. I felt like people thought I said they WERE closing....

:throws hands in the air:

I give up LOL

Kind of how I just wanted to throw caution flag up in the air last night .... Legends Spectacular was a GREAT race, They were just trying to win it in 20 laps, when the WHOLE race was really 50.

LL,

Thanks... Hope that this may be a way to get fans involved... I have to agree that there is negative stuff that floats around, but hopefully that wont change how the fans see the drivers or TSZ. The News is full of negative stuff, but it does not seem to change how people vote or what channel they watch... Oh well!

TXSZ has a long and glorious (OK, maybe not glorious) tradition of allowing a wide range of opinions and perspectives to be heard by a large readership, including most, if not all, of the decision makers in the Central/South Texas racing community.

Will people's feelings get hurt? Sure they will. Will negative opinions be expressed? Of course they will. This thread is a good example of both.

I often hear the argument that TXSZ should not allow "negative" posts since potential sponsors might see our dirty underwear and decide to put their wallet back in their pocket. I disagree. It's a sign of a healthy family when everyone's views, negative or positive, are permitted (as long as the civility guidelines are followed and enforced). I'd hate to see TXSZ become a sanitized marketing tool instead of a place where issues that effect the Texas racing community can be discussed in a civilized manner.

JMO

Nick Holt

thats a damn good point nick..........plus by letting the sponsors and fans see the posts of the drivers and get their opinions in a public forum, it shows them that they are endorsing a person, and not a do-gooder robot that is putting on a front to them and talking smack online.............tsz is a good thing.......

Is all the publicity about NASCAR positive? Don't think so. It is really killing their popularity now isn't it? LOL. No one has ever lost a sponsor due to TSZ. It has actualy helped some people attract sponsorship. I have said before, that somewhere someone is complaining about something at every sponsors business. I don't recall ever seeing anyone complain on TSZ ABOUT a sponsor.

The negativity thing cracks me up...sometimes TSZ is the only place people can say something that people will actualy listen and do anything about it...I get calls an e-mails from people who are afraid to post valid observations out of fear of retribution...What I have seen is, except for the random crack smokers who get on here from time to time, where one person has a view point, there are at least 10-100 others who share that viewpoint but just don't post...better to get that viewpoint out in the open and address it...

No one person is or will ever be in charge of all of our racing community. We should not ever have to worry about watching what we say in order to stay in someone's "Good Graces". I only worry about staying in the good graces of God and my wife. We all have to work together. When someone in our community thinks they are more important than any of the others in our community, that's when we all suffer, including them. If you buy tickets, drive, own a team, track, or series, you have a voice at TSZ. We won't all agree all of the time.

The posts on TSZ are generally positive...we do emphasize constructive criticism...sometimes people could use better judgement or just call the person directly...we do not allow bashing...occasionaly we will close a thread that has gone too far or edit someone's post but those things are not done lightly...at the same time, some people just need thicker skin or to look at things in their entirety...I would hope drivers, team owners, tracks, series, and people that derive thier livelyhood from the racing community use it as a tool to improve.

If people make it all the way to the forums and invest the time to read them, they are already part of our community.

Yes, he can edit us just like he does everyone else if we violate the rules...Nick is the forum moderator...he has edited my stuff before and I have gotten nasty grams...although since I became involved with TSZ, I don't remember saying anything that required editing, for language anyway...but I could be wrong...

By the way...Does Nick have "THE POWER" to edit you and Jason? J/C

Not sure "THE POWER" is the right phrase -- "Awesome Responsibility" might be closer.

Both Jason and I have the ability to edit or delete anyone's posts, including each other's. Larry has every right to moderate the forums too, but chosen not to.

Yes, when Jason was a lot younger, he occasionally stepped over the line and did get edited at times, but it was mostly just youthful over-exuberance.

And Larry - like most true competitors, likes to push the envelope to see what the limits are. I did bring this to his attention once or twice.

I do try my best to keep things civil and on track (pun intended), but, obviously, you can't please everyone and there will always be those offended no matter which side of the civility line they find themselves.

Nick Holt

Heck,

I've had my hand slapped by Nick before, but I still agree with his and Larry's posts about where to draw the lines. Just like anything else, sometimes you have to push the boundaries in order to know where they are, the important thing to recognize is that when you figure out where a particular boundary is try to stay within it. I may not agree with him all the time but I can appreciate the fact that Nick knows he is wearing a dartboard and is willing to put in the time to do what he does on this board.

I have seen a problem with people not fully understanding what someone has posted before responding,wrongfully.I see where our awesome flagman from HMP has recently run into this.I understood what he said right from the start,but I will admit,I was very careful to not help him out seeing I already had this happen to myself.Now that I have read Mr. Latham's and Mr. Holts posts on the matter,about being thick skinned,I realise I should have posted up on that thread.Everyone,who posts alot on this forum,will eventually rub someone,or in my case,everyone the wrong way.All I ask is that people read the post several times,if it's controversial,before responding.And be cool.....

Archived