kids helmets

I AM not sure but I heard it has something like fema  red cross  one of those type deals .   ..I went over didnt see a sign but did ask them briefly if they had one to fit my big head she laughed and said have a nice day ..lol …….. I said well I ride my mini bike around the pits slowly and dont have much squash to hurt when I fall anyway .. ...but yes it was a neat thing and those went fast .

Come on man, I wasn't poachin' the competition. :rolleyes:

Actually, we've already hatched a plan of our own for something similar on September 28.  Details coming soon.

But well done Mr. Whitaker & STS!  Protecting our kids is the perfect promotion. 

We call it a Brain Bucket for a very good reason!

Edited by BeachBum

25 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

Come on man, I wasn't poachin' the competition. :rolleyes:

Actually, we've already hatched a plan of our own for something similar on September 28.  Details coming soon.

But well done Mr. Whitaker & STS!  Protecting our kids is the perfect promotion. 

We call it a Brain Bucket for a very good reason!

brain bucket wont work for me .45 gallon drum. and I know many folks will come up why I need one that big ..hush

Hello, Scott.

CBRAC’s Injury Prevention Committee (IPC) would like to come to the race on July 13th and give away ATV helmets to the children in the Pit Area and in the stands as quantities allow. We have between 50-60 helmets to give in various sizes. Karen Beard, Chair of the IPC, and I will be sizing the kids to ensure they are wearing the right size helmet. We would like to set up on the tech pad and start giving away the helmets before the races start, from approximately 6:30-7:30. Once all of the children in the Pit Area have received helmets, we will make our way to the concession area and give away any helmets we have left. I am guessing we will be giving the majority of the helmets to kids in the pits, so I am not sure how best to advertise (if at all) about helmets being available to the general ticket holders. I have attached some info about CBRAC, our logo, and a picture of the ATV helmets we will be handing out. Please let me know what we need to do to in preparation. Thank you for your assistance with this!

Christina Perry, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, CCCC

Treasurer, CBRAC

Mission Statement

The Mission of the Coastal Bend Regional Advisory Council Trauma Service Area U is to reduce death/disability related to trauma, acute illness, injury and disaster through implementation of appropriate education and well-planned and coordinated disaster and emergency response systems. CBRAC-U is a non-profit 501(c)3

Trauma Service Area U (CBRAC-U) includes the following counties Aransas, Bee, Brooks, Duval, Kenedy, Kleberg, Live Oak, Jim Wells, McMullen, Nueces, Refugio, and San Patricio. This represents 12,424 square miles and over 597,800 people. TSA-U has a level II Trauma Center, a level III Children’s Hospital and seven level IV facilities as well as Primary Certified Stroke Centers and Accredited Chest Pain with PCI and Resuscitation Centers.

atv helmet.jpg

cbrac.png

Edited by cperry115
add pics

I think they ended up giving away 67 helmets like in the picture attached, some different colors but you get the idea, the whole goal was to get these to/on kids who would actually use / needed them. we often see kiddo's running around on ATV's or Scooters without the protection. I tried to ride thru the pits and get every kid I saw over to the giveaway. Hopefully everyone who needed one was able to receive one ! Big Thanks again to all involved with CBRAC / Scott Barglof and Steve Whiteaker jr. and South Texas Speedway for making it happen.

Edited by cperry115

Chuck is right though about the amount of kids and early teens riding around in the pits with no gear. The pits can be pretty dark after the races are over, add in cars going out for hot laps and the fans mingling it's alarming to see that amount of young ones on these things unprotected. Good job Chuck, Christina, Scott and Steve for addressing the issue in a productive way.