Super stocks @ HMP

rocket55

Josh we appreciate the kind words....we all have one common goal in mind....to race in a competitive class. I strongly believe we're there and now the racers will come. 

There is a tremendous help behind the scenes of growing this class and I'm overly grateful for everyone lobbying to keep stock car racing ALIVE!!

If I had the promoting authority I'd be pushing on the local news and paper to get as many eyes out there as we can. 

NASCAR might be dying but the people want a show and WE all are some of the best showmen (and women) with the most creative and fire breathing machines. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is at nearly 4400 views - clearly this is a hot topic. Between my son and I we've had racers reaching out to us. Things continue to remain positive, and trending upward. Albeit a few questions / clarifications here and there. The proof, however, will be in the car count.

8 or more

The car count I'm seeing is between 8 & 10, but we cannot afford to cut it that close. Some may cancel at the last minute. Not good. As we get closer to race day I would ask that we continue to maintain the contacts we've had. I would continue to ask racers to reach out to other racers - knock the dust off those cars. Let's see if we can't flood HMP with the most incredible Super Stocks out there! Most of the racers I've talked to say there is going to be some very intense racing with cars battling for every inch of asphalt. THAT, my friends is what this is all about. A RACE!

After the July 7th Super Stock race I would ask that the Super Stock racers take a minute to huddle and chat about what they will have achieved. Perhaps we'll have a hospitality suite, who knows.

Keep the calls, pms and texts coming.

Thanks and God Bless.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the call from Donnie.  I didn't realize all this was going on.  I was one of the guys who invested in a new car with a crate motor.   I  pleased that we are reverting back to some simple rules.  I plan to attend the July race.  #49 super stock.  Brian Schneider 

This is only evidence of the silent warriors that help promote the reboot of this class. I'm very happy to hear that your coming out and even more so grateful for Donnie reaching out to as many people as he has to help us have a 10+ car race.  This is going to be an awesome race....we look forward to many more. 

3 hours ago, rocket55 said:

This is only evidence of the silent warriors that help promote the reboot of this class. I'm very happy to hear that your coming out and even more so grateful for Donnie reaching out to as many people as he has to help us have a 10+ car race.  This is going to be an awesome race....we look forward to many more. 

Well said.

Brian (Rebel), please make sure to visit the 22/52(5)/55 team. We'd enjoy the fellowship.

I am putting it out there now: I own both the 55 Super Stock and the 52 (or 5) Super Stock. To encourage car count it is highly likely that I will be looking for someone to drive the 52/5. (Haven't decided on the number yet.) So, let's get 8 or more at the July race because by all accounts the October race will be even better!

4 hours ago, scotty9 said:

Noticed that now it's mandatory to have radios and spotters for the super/pro stocks. I understand safety is definitely first . Trying to make it out , but cost keeps climbing to try to race. Are we allowed to to use racecivers instead.

Scotty - I have an extra wiring harness and radio but am not sure if we have another spotter radio. I'll see if my son has another radio and headset. Last time out we had some issues with radios so we'll have to check.

If your car is wired for the radios you might be able to borrow a set from someone in another class. Last race when our radios were acting up a truck team offered to let us use there radios. Feel free to reach out to me or my Dad, we'll certainly help where ever we can. 

Same goes with tires, I have some used ones that might have another race on them. 

I ( we all ) thank you both very much. You and your dad have definitely went above and beyond to see this class make a good return. I might have something lined out for the radios, but it also depends on prior family arrangements for that weekend. Hopefully things will work out for the good. 

Well racers we're a couple of days away from putting on the greatest race of summer here in Texas!! I'm grateful for everyone on our team that helped get both our cars ready and even more so we DEEPLY APPRECIATE all the efforts from our silent promoters to get this class filled up. I strongly believe we've greatly exceeded the 8 car count goal and have the TARS group pleasantly surpised of what we all can achieve when we work together in a positive fashion.  Between my Dad and I we've spoken to quite a few people and we look forward to the High 5s and HELL YEAHs on this beautiful Saturday to come. 

For those of you we haven't spoken to and will be there....please feel free to stop by the 22 & 52 pits (and yes #52 in correct, the 55 is getting ready for October)

God bless racers and have safe travels to the track.

Corey

Super Stock Racers!

There have been a few who have asked what the purse structure is for the Super Stocks. I've reached out to TARS and, for the moment, they have their hands full prepping for this weekend. So, let's get 8 or more cars out there and let the rest unfold as it will. I know some of you will have traveled a great distance but this is bigger than all of us. There hasn't been a race yet that TARS hasn't provided a purse for the Super Stocks. And when they see the Super Stocks coming through the gate they'll continue to do so.

Also, I've received a call or two from dirt racers. They are set up quite differently than the asphalt guys are. I'd ask that you simply keep in mind some of the contentious points brought up in the past. It is no one's intent to turn a racer away but it is the intent to make sure that the field is full of competitive, equally built cars. The guy/gal who wins the race is simply going to be the guy/gal who out wheeled everyone else.

This thread is at over 5500 views. There's interest in this class. As an example, whatever the car count is on the 7th I know for certain there will be at least 3 more cars at the October race. (One of those will be my 55.)There is likely going to be far more than that.

Keep the interest coming. And let's race! See you in the pits on Saturday!

On 7/8/2018 at 12:20 AM, radracr said:

Many thanks to the 8 cars the made it out tonight! We now have something to build on.

Congrats also to the #14 group! You guys put on a show!

You guys worked your butts off to get rules approved and get that car count. And I'm sure you could pick up a few more for the next one. You all should have gotten credit for your hard work in the drivers meeting. This is the fist time the outlaws and super stocks both ran their own races. You guys made that happen. Major accomplishment guys!

We honestly couldn't have made this happen with out guys like yourself Mike and that also includes Kenny, Tommy, Brian, Daman, Donnie, Rick,  Bubba and all the crews behind the driver/ owners of these cars. We've got our place in the next race and I'm overly grateful for what I learned this past weekend.

The crazy part about Saturday is that at one point half the field was out and I got to give to Team Beaver for blowing a trans and rear end (in practice) and still winning the race,  I admire the attention to detail you guys put in that car. 

Time to tear apart the suspension and start loading up that shopping cart.....

....Special thanks to Kenny Hurley, you've really helped me better understand my car. I look forward to putting that knowledge to use in October 

• 2 months later...

GOOD MORNING RACERS!!!

If you have't looked at the calendar recently we're less than a month out from heating the track up again. I know the transition going from TARS to TSTARS had its challenges but fortunately we're passed that and have many more races ahead.

However I think us SS racers still have a bit more to prove in regards to the consistency of our car counts.

With that said....I'm going to start a roll call

>Myself #22

>My Dad #52/55

From word of mouth I've told been a hand full more are attending, if so please let us know. 

Just as I suspected we truly do have some die hard racers out there eager to keep the class going. I know its not a short drive for y'all coming from the SA/ Austin area and we all appreciate your dedication. 

Locking in 5 cars is a great start with the time frame....I know there is another hand full of y'all sitting out there ready to go and we look forward to seeing you out there. 

I'm very excited to see how well this next event will run knowing its Speedfest and the last race of the season.....unless your going to the Snowball Derby in which I'll be competing in as well. 

Archived