Need your Help

Drivers and Crews,

We need your help. All fans love give a ways. If you have anything you can give away or provide to us for a give away please let me know. Ask your sponsors if they can donate hats, koozies anything at all. The fans really appreciate it and it goes a long way to bring them back.

Thank you,

Ken Hobbs

Does Slinging Dirt have a place at the end of the grandstands? Back in the CCS days they sold 4 random photographs for a dollar in a zip lock bag. Of course that was 20-30 years ago but maybe a possibility if it makes sense for the photographer to print 4x6s or 3x5s and sell them? STS typically has a bunch of kids at the track so maybe it'll work. Just shooting ideas. Also, get the go karts involved too, kids entertaining kids can be good marketing but I know that could be a challenge with several parents racing as well. I like the fact there's a car of some type behind the grandstands too, nice touch Ken. Think Saturday night was a dwarf, limited modified week before. Gives the fans an up close look at the cars that run.

Ken my new pure stock will have a passenger seat so if u wanted to do a fan ride along for a couple laps I would be good to do something during intermission like 5 laps. Message me and we can possibly work something out. The car should be ready by Thursday if u wants to do something this weekend.

If you could figure out the liability part Ken the fans would love it. After crushing my radiator in the Street Stock feature I stayed in the infield to finish watching the race. It is insane what a different perspective it gives you. You see the speed you can't see from the stands, you see just how close we all are to each other, and just how hard that driver is working the car. I almost forgot my car was wrecked I was so into the rest of the race from the infield.

Yes it was! Remember the big ..... nevermind. I used to stand on the back of a wrecker.I remember when inline 6 cylinders were the legal engine and Freddie Barnec blew his down the back straight,We were picking up pieces of camshaft and engine block the whole back straight.I hadn't thought about those good times in the infield in years. Thanks for stoking the memories!

MEL old frank and walter .I remember that blue pinto out there I hung out in the infield a lot ..look closer and you see me standing over the right finder of that pinto..the man standing closest to the wall sure looks like billy hardcastle...

Archived